Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

"Steady Shanle" Appreciation Thread

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by strato Haters gonna hate Apparently in several different threads strat....

Like Tree34Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2011, 01:23 PM   #71
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,912
Originally Posted by strato View Post
Haters gonna hate
Apparently in several different threads strat.
Danno is offline  
Latest Blogs
The ArtiChoke Last Blog: 09-18-2014 By: Barry from MS


How to really handle Ray Rice and AP Last Blog: 09-17-2014 By: neugey


The Lost Art of the Trade Last Blog: 08-30-2014 By: jeanpierre


Old 11-14-2011, 01:35 PM   #72
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
More support here than hate ..He is a Saint...not a Falqueen
iceshack149 and st thomas like this.
strato is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 02:26 PM   #73
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
OK, you know the tallest midget is still a midget.
vilma is a pro bowl linebacker......shanle has outplayed him and the rest of our unit this season

you can criticize him in regards to our entire linebacking corps but if you think shanle is having a bad season then you're clearly in denial
strato likes this.
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 03:24 PM   #74
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,912
Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
vilma is a pro bowl linebacker......shanle has outplayed him and the rest of our unit this season

you can criticize him in regards to our entire linebacking corps but if you think shanle is having a bad season then you're clearly in denial
As I said earlier, the best of a bad group of LB's is still bad. If you can't see that maybe you should revert back to your pro Stinchcomb/Kreutz analysis that worked out so horribly for you.

And as I've said before, the sad part is that he's at worst our 3rd best LB.

He's mediocre at his best.


262 of Ryan's 351 yards came against our LBers.
10 QB pressures (1- Ellis, Jenkins. 2- Galette. 3- Smith, 1- Casillas)
3 QB hits (1- Harper. 2- Smith)
Roman Harper rated the best defender at +1.3,
Shanle rated the worst defender at -6.3.
Danno is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 03:30 PM   #75
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
As I said earlier, the best of a bad group of LB's is still bad. If you can't see that maybe you should revert back to your pro Stinchcomb/Kreutz analysis that worked out so horribly for you.

And as I've said before, the sad part is that he's at worst our 3rd best LB.

He's mediocre at his best.
if you wanna bring up stinch and kreutz why not do it in their threads? we saw a dropoff in play with both of them gone so whats your point? that if we lose shanle our linebackers will get worse?

thats about as true a statement as you can make
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 04:02 PM   #76
Retired
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 10,546
Shanle rated the worst defender at -6.3.
I'm not surprised the least bit on how he graded out defensively. To have your OLB, and Shanle at that, cover Harry Douglas multiple times with Jenkins in the land of the lost would lead to such a poor rating.
strato and frydaddy like this.
papz is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 04:37 PM   #77
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grand Haven, Michigan by way of a little Mississippi River town in Louisiana
Posts: 2,654
You all with a few exceptions, please quit picking on my boy Scott "Silk Hands" Shanle, that INT. turned the game, without it were 6-4 period. I thank him.
strato likes this.
halloween 65 is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 05:36 PM   #78
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,912
Originally Posted by halloween 65 View Post
You all with a few exceptions, please quit picking on my boy Scott "Silk Hands" Shanle, that INT. turned the game, without it were 6-4 period. I thank him.
I'd rather thank Roddy White, without him practically handing it to Shanle we lose.

And if it weren't for Shanle's mediocre play the rest of the game we'd have won without it.

To recap...

262 of Ryan's 351 yards came against our LBers.
Shanle rated the worst defender at -6.3.
Danno is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 06:08 PM   #79
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bayou Cane
Posts: 6,460
Blog Entries: 12
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
I'd rather thank Roddy White, without him practically handing it to Shanle we lose.

And if it weren't for Shanle's mediocre play the rest of the game we'd have won without it.

To recap...

262 of Ryan's 351 yards came against our LBers.
Shanle rated the worst defender at -6.3.
Who's doing this grading again?
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 06:13 PM   #80
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,912
Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Who's doing this grading again?
ProFootball Focus.

Its a pay per view site (40.00 per year) so I just re-capped some info from someone who actually paid for it. I should probably give him credit but its a Saints site that most of us hate.

You'll have to trust me that I'm re-capping it accurately. I only lie to women.
Danno is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
appreciation, scott shanle

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/38036-steady-shanle-appreciation-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
"Steady Shanle" Appreciation Thread This thread Refback 11-14-2011 10:29 AM 1
Shanle Appreciation Thread This thread Refback 11-12-2011 01:07 AM 2


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:14 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts