Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

"Steady Shanle" Appreciation Thread

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Danno ProFootball Focus. Its a pay per view site (40.00 per year) so I just re-capped some info from someone who actually paid for it. I should probably give him credit but its a Saints site that ...

Like Tree34Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2011, 06:15 PM   #81
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bayou Cane
Posts: 6,354
Blog Entries: 12
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
ProFootball Focus.

Its a pay per view site (40.00 per year) so I just re-capped some info from someone who actually paid for it. I should probably give him credit but its a Saints site that most of us hate.

You'll have to trust me that I'm re-capping it accurately. I only lie to women.
"Trust, but verify" Ronald Reagan

Neaux, chez, I trust you, I was just curious who and how they formulate their postulate...
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 06:19 PM   #82
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,632
Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
"Trust, but verify" Ronald Reagan

Neaux, chez, I trust you, I was just curious who and how they formulate their postulate...
And you should. Reagan was a great man and a great Prez.

Its simply a stat site and we all know stats can be sometimes misleading, bt its generally reagrded as one of the better sites that takes most things into consideration.

Their analysis usually supports the consensus of what most informed viewers saw. They aren't perfect, but they're pretty close IMO.
Danno is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 06:25 PM   #83
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Seems free to me.....i can sit back and do the same thing ..no science here opinion of some dude on a blog


Re-Focused - Saints @ Falcons, Week 10 | ProFootballFocus.com
strato is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 06:30 PM   #84
100th Post
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Scott
Posts: 215
Lol I find it a little funny how angry some of you seem over this, and why hate so much on him? He's not the one deciding how much he plays or who he's assigned to. I would even go so far as to say it probably eats him up everytime he doesn't make a play that a younger and faster guy would/could have. The man has played his role, and I can't blame him for his limitations. If there's blame to be laid its with the front office for not upgrading the position. You can't blame the coaches much because obviously the play of our backups isn't inspiring confidence.. if ever they did spend the necessary money to upgrade, I'm all for it.. but I'll always be a shanle fan, whatever his role.
strato likes this.
frydaddy is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 06:32 PM   #85
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,632
Originally Posted by strato View Post
Seems free to me.....i can sit back and do the same thing ..no science here opinion of some dude on a blog


Re-Focused - Saints @ Falcons, Week 10 | ProFootballFocus.com
The detailed grades of every player on every team are not free.

No offense, but I doubt anyone would pay a dime for your analysis.
Danno is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 06:33 PM   #86
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
The detailed grades of every player on every team are not free.

No offense, but I doubt anyone would pay a dime for your analysis.

Thanks for the insult Danno...
strato is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 06:36 PM   #87
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,632
Originally Posted by frydaddy View Post
Lol I find it a little funny how angry some of you seem over this, and why hate so much on him? He's not the one deciding how much he plays or who he's assigned to. I would even go so far as to say it probably eats him up everytime he doesn't make a play that a younger and faster guy would/could have. The man has played his role, and I can't blame him for his limitations. If there's blame to be laid its with the front office for not upgrading the position. You can't blame the coaches much because obviously the play of our backups isn't inspiring confidence.. if ever they did spend the necessary money to upgrade, I'm all for it.. but I'll always be a shanle fan, whatever his role.
No one is hating on him, only giving their opinion. Giving an opinion on a player is NOT hating. I like the guy and think he's a servicable LB who will probably make a great LB coach one day.
Danno is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 06:37 PM   #88
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,632
Originally Posted by strato View Post
Thanks for the insult Danno...
No insult intended, no one would pay a dime for my analysis either.

But they have proven to be pretty accurate, although not perfect.
Danno is offline  
Old 11-15-2011, 11:06 AM   #89
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,902
Originally Posted by frydaddy View Post
Lol I find it a little funny how angry some of you seem over this, and why hate so much on him? He's not the one deciding how much he plays or who he's assigned to. I would even go so far as to say it probably eats him up everytime he doesn't make a play that a younger and faster guy would/could have. The man has played his role, and I can't blame him for his limitations. If there's blame to be laid its with the front office for not upgrading the position. You can't blame the coaches much because obviously the play of our backups isn't inspiring confidence.. if ever they did spend the necessary money to upgrade, I'm all for it.. but I'll always be a shanle fan, whatever his role.

I actually place most of the blame on the player's association and the owners for creating the lockout, which dragged on longer than it should've and which, in turn, in effect forced the FO's hand to resign Shanle, because there were no OTAs or extended minicamps to help bring in new players into the system or to get the younger players to understand the schemes better.
FinSaint is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
appreciation, scott shanle

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/38036-steady-shanle-appreciation-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
"Steady Shanle" Appreciation Thread This thread Refback 11-14-2011 10:29 AM 1
Shanle Appreciation Thread This thread Refback 11-12-2011 01:07 AM 2


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:55 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts