New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Re-Focused – Saints @ Falcons, Week 10 (http://blackandgold.com/saints/38129-re-focused-saints-falcons-week-10-a.html)

biloxi-indian 11-14-2011 10:08 AM

Re-Focused – Saints @ Falcons, Week 10
 
Not a glowing perspective, but a win nevertheless.

"A shining beacon for any offense to target

How the Saints persist with such a terrible group of linebackers is baffling at times, yet no more baffling than what they ask of a group that seems to struggle to do the very basics well most of the time. Even with the entirely underwhelming Jonathan Vilma on the sideline the Saints managed to field a trio that put in terrible performances. Jonathan Casillas (-3.7) was the highest graded Saints linebacker this week, getting the only positive grade for any facet of the game with a marginal +0.3 grade for his run defense. The trio of Casillas, JoLonn Dunbar (-4.9) and Scott Shanle (-6.3) managed to find the imperfect blend of looking completely lost, taking poor angles and terrible tackling to achieve the holy trinity of poor linebacking play. Their comical defense of Jason Snelling’s touchdown reception at 5:18 in the third quarter was just the tip of the iceberg of their awful display."

Re-Focused - Saints @ Falcons, Week 10 | ProFootballFocus.com

dizzle88 11-14-2011 10:12 AM

Alot has to do with the defensive strategy, Matt Ryan went into the 2 minute offense and they left harry douglas uncovered 3 times.
Looked like they didn't know what they were doing..but we won

sometimes... I wish we'd go to a basic D, all man coverage, Jenkins deep zone, Harper near the line and everybody else in the box unless theirs a slot receiver, then an OLB takes him

we insist on sending 7 men blitzes at times and think "oh the QB will never notice we've left that slot receiver unmarked"

JoanieNTX 11-14-2011 11:22 AM

Yes, we definitely need to "change up" our two minute drill, or PRAY that all other opponents don't look at the film and decide to go with that "two minute" drill the whole game long! Ugh. It wasn't pretty!

AlaskaSaints 11-14-2011 11:26 AM

Nobody calling for G.W.'s head today? I find that shocking.

We were offensively and defensively inept yesterday, with the exception of a few highlights. Colston was above and beyond. Kasay was a blessing. Meachem his usual CLUTCH self. Sproles was one shoestring away from 6.

Graham left 40 first-quarter yards on the field.
Ingram left 50 yards on the field.
Sproles was utilized horribly, but did what he could.
We under-utilized Moore.
We ignored Henderson.
We need to develop a no-huddle offensive package and leave it to Drew to make the calls. And utilize it to get ahead, not just to catch up. I'm tired of catch-up-to-win football.

That was ugly. But it was a win.

I'm sorry to be such a downer, but I got a full two years of my life taken off yesterday and I don't appreciate it.

Alaska

Rugby Saint II 11-14-2011 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlaskaSaints (Post 348760)
Nobody calling for G.W.'s head today? I find that shocking.

We were offensively and defensively inept yesterday, with the exception of a few highlights. Colston was above and beyond. Kasay was a blessing. Meachem his usual CLUTCH self. Sproles was one shoestring away from 6.

Graham left 40 first-quarter yards on the field.
Ingram left 50 yards on the field.
Sproles was utilized horribly, but did what he could.
We under-utilized Moore.
We ignored Henderson.
We need to develop a no-huddle offensive package and leave it to Drew to make the calls. And utilize it to get ahead, not just to catch up. I'm tired of catch-up-to-win football.

That was ugly. But it was a win.

I'm sorry to be such a downer, but I got a full two years of my life taken off yesterday and I don't appreciate it.

Alaska

I was at a rugby tournament and didn't get to see the game. I didn't even think of recording the game(which I've done every week)....I guess having missed that game I'll live longer.lol

strato 11-14-2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugby Saint II (Post 348785)
I was at a rugby tournament and didn't get to see the game. I didn't even think of recording the game(which I've done every week)....I guess having missed that game I'll live longer.lol


Then how can you rag on Graham?...if you didnt see the game..dude had 87 yards and was getting cheapsots the whole game..

Danno 11-14-2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

A shining beacon for any offense to target

...the Saints managed to field a trio that put in terrible performances. Jonathan Casillas (-3.7) was the highest graded Saints linebacker this week, getting the only positive grade for any facet of the game with a marginal +0.3 grade for his run defense. The trio of Casillas, JoLonn Dunbar (-4.9) and Scott Shanle (-6.3) managed to find the imperfect blend of looking completely lost, taking poor angles and terrible tackling to achieve the holy trinity of poor linebacking play. Their comical defense of Jason Snelling’s touchdown reception at 5:18 in the third quarter was just the tip of the iceberg of their awful display.

I still don't know why some thought Shanle had a good day. Other than the pick that fell in his lap (he would have given up a big gainer if Roddy doesn't drop it) he had a typical Shanle day.

pumpkindriver 11-14-2011 12:17 PM

We just don't play well on the road. I understand the concept of the prevent defense but it always seems to get teams in trouble. Teams often get burned by it just like we did yesterday. If we had just kept doing what we had been doing the entire second half, I don't think the foul-cons woulda even scored much less got to OT.

strato 11-14-2011 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danno (Post 348799)
I still don't know why some thought Shanle had a good day. Other than the pick that fell in his lap (he would have given up a big gainer if Roddy doesn't drop it) he had a typical Shanle day.

He was solid..and has been ...he is the whipping boy..thats all this is..

Danno 11-14-2011 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strato (Post 348802)
He was solid..and has been ...he is the whipping boy..thats all this is..

If by solid you mean slightly below average, then I agree 100%.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:46 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com