Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

You know,

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by CantonLegend no wonder ppl complain so much about the line....this is why i say you guys dont know what you're talking about And this is why you aren't very well received here. You don't know a damn ...

Like Tree29Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2011, 03:44 PM   #51
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,185
Blog Entries: 5
Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post

no wonder ppl complain so much about the line....this is why i say you guys dont know what you're talking about
And this is why you aren't very well received here. You don't know a damn thing more about it than anybody else. You're a wannabe. Period.

Are you here to educate us with all your high school football knowledge? Or are you just here to start ****? You really think people expect 40 yards every touch? Really? Well then why don't you go back under whichever rock you popped out from...go back to that place where everyone treats you like the o-line rock star you make yourself out to be, because with your attitude things aren't going to get any friendlier for you here? PLEASE. Is please enough?
iceshack149 and foreverfan like this.

I am the Genie of Sound. Everybody get down!

Last edited by saintfan; 11-21-2011 at 05:19 PM..
saintfan is offline  
Latest Blogs
2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Sainity Zone 9-30-14 Hail Last Blog: 09-30-2014 By: xan


Old 11-21-2011, 03:46 PM   #52
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,185
Blog Entries: 5
Originally Posted by mighty12 View Post
I am still wondering what I am suppose to see differently in the videos that were posted. Here is what I DID see, the Oline get beat at the point of attack, not able to push off blocks and hit the next level(especially on draw plays where down field blocking is crucial.) once the back gets to the line of scrimmage he is hit by 3 defenders and has to churn forward to make any yards. But let's not blame just the Oline, we have backs who apparently lack vision. There were many plays where the RB could have cut back for a huge gain, but choose to drop his head in a pile of defenders for minimal yardage. From top to bottom we lack a consistent running game. But hey what do I know, I'm just a fan.
Don't sweat it mighty12. This fool has to save face. He will defend his position even when reality smacks him upside his head.
saintfan is offline  
Old 11-21-2011, 04:55 PM   #53
"Do Your Job!!"
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mid City, New Orleans
Posts: 1,766
I am confused...did somebody say something about boobs
saintfan and foreverfan like this.
CharityMike is offline  
Old 11-21-2011, 05:05 PM   #54
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
alright then heres what you should be looking for because apparently even when i post videos of the line doing its job you still dont know what you're seeing.......

the lines job is not to blow ppl off the ball. the lines job is to make contact with the defenders and keep them off the ball carrier. they dont have to push a guy backwards to do that. most of the time all they have to do is turn their seats and create an alley for the running back to run through

running plays are not designed to get 10 yards. they are designed to get 3 to 5 yards because you cant possibly block everybody on one play. what you see in these videos is a lot of 3 to 4 yard gains in which we use carl nicks' elite skills to pop off successful runs

nicks is seen often in these videos reaching for linebackers and pulling to the inside of the right side of the line in order to give the running back a big lead blocker to follow

in only a handful of runs in those videos do the backs actually get stuffed and very few if any do the backs get caught behind the line

linemen are not going to push 350lb defensive linemen backwards....what they are going to do is catch them before they make a move and turn their seat so they can create a seam for the backs to get through

no wonder ppl complain so much about the line....this is why i say you guys dont know what you're talking about

Canton ..if we don't know what were talking about ..WHY do you come here?...this is getting ridiculous your little I am smarter than all outburst..

Please if your going to insult everyone's intelligence ..do the smart thing and do it somewhere else..

Your act is wearing thin here...REAL THIN!

Peace
strato is offline  
Old 11-21-2011, 05:32 PM   #55
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Orlando,FL
Posts: 1,369
I was getting ready to say from the looks of it that my post in the 2nd page of this thread is only post that exudes real football knowledge
foreverfan likes this.
subguy is offline  
Old 11-21-2011, 08:24 PM   #56
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
And this is why you aren't very well received here. You don't know a damn thing more about it than anybody else. You're a wannabe. Period.

Are you here to educate us with all your high school football knowledge? Or are you just here to start ****? You really think people expect 40 yards every touch? Really? Well then why don't you go back under whichever rock you popped out from...go back to that place where everyone treats you like the o-line rock star you make yourself out to be, because with your attitude things aren't going to get any friendlier for you here? PLEASE. Is please enough?
I posted videos of the line doing very well and you still think they are videos of them doing poorly. You don't know what ur talking about because you don't know what ur watching

It's baffling and the iq level here continues to drop because of posts like urs and a few others. I'd love to talk with some ppl that can have an intelligent football conversation but it's apparently not going to happen

What is in those videos specifically that shows the line playing poorly? Please explain. I'd love to hear you teach me something about the line's job that I don't know better than you

"deal with it or you can go play the saints and get trounced by 30 and you won't have to worry about it."-colin cowherd
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 11-21-2011, 08:32 PM   #57
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 7,581
Canton; come on, man!

You say you want intelligent conversation, but I see you criticizing and pretty much calling other members idiots in just about every thread you post in...

I'd like to read and understand your football "knowledge", but hard to get through all the other "nonsense"...
|Mitch| is online now  
Old 11-21-2011, 08:43 PM   #58
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Originally Posted by |Mitch| View Post
Canton; come on, man!

You say you want intelligent conversation, but I see you criticizing and pretty much calling other members idiots in just about every thread you post in...

I'd like to read and understand your football "knowledge", but hard to get through all the other "nonsense"...
I didnt try and start anything in this thread. What I did do was give a great reason why I call ppl out so much. There are ppl criticizing videos that are basically highlight videos

It's hard to even talk to ppl that are so blindly negative that they can't even watch a video of highlights and accept they are playing well

Fwiw the videos are just a collection of runs out of different packages...they aren't really highlight videos but they might as well be
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 11-21-2011, 09:07 PM   #59
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 7,581
Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
I didnt try and start anything in this thread.
I dunno man, your first post in this thread looks to me you go after Strato right off the bat... My opinion though and it doesn't matter too much
|Mitch| is online now  
Old 11-21-2011, 09:15 PM   #60
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Originally Posted by |Mitch| View Post
I dunno man, your first post in this thread looks to me you go after Strato right off the bat... My opinion though and it doesn't matter too much
My post wasn't even directed at strato

I called Marlboro man a Monday morning qb because he was trying to base the thread on hindsight which everybody knows is just facetious.

I also went on to post some pretty convincing stats to back up all my arguments...then some videos since some ppl say stats aren't enough

What else can you ask for? It kinda just seems like a lot of whining from few posters if you ask me

Just my opinion too...it doesn't mean much either
CantonLegend is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/38141-you-know.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
You know, This thread Refback 11-14-2011 02:49 PM 3


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts