this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Ok guys, this is my first attempt at a mock draft. I projected no trades. That's kind of why it looks a bit....unconventional. Feel free to fire away at it, but remember that only 32 players are drafted in the ...
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|02-20-2004, 09:53 PM||#1|
1000 Posts +
Join Date: Sep 2003
My No Trade Mock (Full of 08-like substance)
Ok guys, this is my first attempt at a mock draft.
I projected no trades. That's kind of why it looks a bit....unconventional.
Feel free to fire away at it, but remember that only 32 players are drafted in the first round. I may get around to putting one together full of trade projections, I just didn't have the interest in working through all those angles tonight.
Oh and if you're going to gritch about how stupid it is, please post your own mock.
2004 No-Trade Mock Draft
1. ChargersÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Robert GalleryÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂOTÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂIowaÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂThe Chargers wonÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â„Â¢t get good QB play from anyone until they can protect the signal caller. There are no free agent tackles available that will be worth the cost. Gallery reminds us that they are still playing Martyball in San Diego.
2. RaidersÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Larry FitzgeraldÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂWRÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂPittÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂNorv is going to want a receiver to play opposite Joey Porter in the worst way. FitzgeraldÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â„Â¢s press is only going to get bigger as draft day approaches. I will add that itÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â„Â¢s impossible to predict Al Davis though.
3. CardinalsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Kenechi UdezeÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂDEÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂUSCÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂWhen Green says heÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â„Â¢s going to start Josh McCown, I believe him. He always did well with interchangeable QBÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â„Â¢s in Minnesota and with no pass rush, the Cardinals get killed in the NFC West.
4. GiantsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Shawn AndrewsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂOTÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂArkansasÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂThis is a reach and could change depending on Andrews workouts, but I think Coughlin follows the Boselli model of building a team. The G-men have crappy line play.
5. RedskinsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Kevin JonesÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂRBÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂVirginia TechÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂGibbs has got to actually have a running game this year. I think Jones and Jackson are basically a coin flip, so Gibbs picks the kid that the fans have been watching on Saturdays all season.
6. LionsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Roy WilliamsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂWRÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂTexasÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂHakeem has been a bust. Williams brings all the positives of Terrell Owens with better hands and team oriented attitude. Rogers and Williams on either side make Joey Harrington weep for joy on draft day. Williams would be attractive here and might be the better receiver, but after dealing with TO, Mooch decides on the sure thing.
7. FalconsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Chris GambleÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂCBÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂOhio StateÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂMora will want a secondary. I could also see the Falcons make a move for Plummer in free agency, in which case IÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â„Â¢d say Mora goes for a DT or a guard.
8. BrownsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Kellen Winslow Jr.ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂTEÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂMiamiÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂButch Davis goes for a big, fast, sure handed mismatch for Couch/Holcomb to throw to.
9. JaguarsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Mike WilliamsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂWRÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂUSCÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂWith Jimmy Smith getting no younger, Del Rio picks up the best physical specimen at WR in this draft. They could go with a DE at this point.
10. TexansÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Sean TaylorÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂSÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂMiamiÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂSimply too good to pass up at #10. They need a DE in the worst way, but they wonÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â„Â¢t let Taylor fall.
11. SteelersÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Eli ManningÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂQBÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂOle MissÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂNo way Eli falls this far, but remember, IÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â„Â¢m making the no-trades mock draft today. Bill Cowher instantly gets a contract extension for this pick.
12. JetsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Jonathan VilmaÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂMLBÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂMiamiÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂThe Jets could take a WR here, but this a strong draft class at WR and Vilma is the best and only MLB available.
13. BillsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Reggie WilliamsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂWRÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂWashingtonÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂDrew Bledsoe gets a new lease on life with a big, fast, sure handed receiver. Josh Reed goes back to playing the slot. Roethlisberger could go here as well. Just seems like a wideout would be the best value.
14. BearsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Tommie HarrisÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂDTÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂOklahomaÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂHow can Harris fall to #14? Not likely, but the Bears draft a guy sure to draw the double team in the middle.
15. BucsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Ben RoethlisbergerÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂQBÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂMiami (OH)ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂAgain, no way this guy falls to #15. IÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â„Â¢m betting that Gruden picks up Garner in free agency, but finds his franchise QB in Roethlisberger. Chris Sims jumps off a bridge. Gruden works magic with Roethlisberger.
16. 49rsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Michael ClaytonÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂWRÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂLSUÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂA run on WRÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â„Â¢s begins here. Erikson has to replace TO and Rattay will have to have a target.
17. BengalsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Vince WilforkÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂDTÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂMiamiÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂMarvin Lewis takes a guy who could turn out to be a premier 2 gap player with some discipline. Lewis has discipline to spare. Wilfork becomes a run stuffing menace.
18. SaintsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â DeAngelo HallÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂCBÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂVirginia TechÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂHaslett takes a shot on kind of a project player. Saints fans are shocked to see a first round corner taken.
19. VikingsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Will PooleÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂCBÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂUSCÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂTice chooses Poole over Robinson on character concerns. He only wants one Randy Moss at a time and needs some pass defense if the Vikings hope to beat the Packers for the division.
20. DolphinsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â RaShaun WoodsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂWRÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂOklahoma StÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂThe Dolphins win the Henson derby and pick a great route runner for him to throw too. Without a 2nd round pick, the ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã‹Âœfins canÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â„Â¢t ignore the receiver position. May not be this player, but write it down, they ARE taking a WR.
21. Patriots (f. Ravens)ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Steven JacksonÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂRBÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂOregon StÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂThe Pats finally draft a franchise RB. Too good to pass up, too critical a need. The Pats get even more scary with a real ground game.
22. CowboysÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Will SmithÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂDEÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂOhio StateÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂParcells makes a tough defense that much tougher. I canÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â„Â¢t see Parcells taking Clarett this high. Staley in free agency could be a possibility.
23. SeahawksÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Darrion ScottÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂDEÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂOhio StateÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂThe Seahawks get tougher against the run. Scott might end up being a better pro that Smith.
24. BroncosÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Dunta RobinsonÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂCBÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂSouth CarolinaÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂShanahan starts working on pass defense in a pass happy division.
25. PackersÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Antwan OdomÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂDE--AlabamaÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂThe smart thing is to draft Brett FavreÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â„Â¢s heir apparent. Every year, mock drafts project a QB of the future. Every year, the Packers do something else. This year is no different. The Packers try to find a solution to their yearly DE problem, courtesy of Joe Johnson.
26. RamsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Ben TroupeÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂTEÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂFloridaÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂThis is truly a shot in the dark. IÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â„Â¢ve given up trying to figure out how Martz drafts. ItÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â„Â¢s as good as guess as any.
27. TitansÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Randy StarksÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂDTÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂMarylandÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂSimply too good to pass up. This seems like a team that is on the decline. They need help in too many places. I would have put Jacob Rogers from USC here, but I think the Titans are gun shy about injury prone players.
28. EaglesÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Marquise HillÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂDEÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂLSUÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂReid needs a WR in the worst way, but this draft has a rush on them. The Eagles decide to try and replace Hugh Douglas. A CB could be attractive here too. Any receiver will probably be a reach, I bet that Donovan persuades T.O. to sign on the dotted line in free agency.
29. ColtsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Karlos DansbyÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂLBÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂAuburnÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂFast linebacker. Sounds like a perfect fit in a Dungy defense. Derrick Strait would also be a great pick here.
30. ChiefsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Derrick StraitÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂCBÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂOklahomaÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂThe Chiefs simply must have some pass defense. Strait fits the bill and is a steal at this point in the draft.
31. PanthersÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Vernon CareyÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂOGÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂMiamiÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂNot a critical need for the Panthers. But with Lance Donnelly retiring and the best corners and receivers gone, a ferocious offensive lineman will make the world easier for Delhomme and Davis next season.
32. PatriotsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Ricardo ColcoughÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂCBÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂTusculumÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂThis is probably too high for this guy. My other guess would be Ahmad Carroll (CB, Arkansas) here. A DT is not out of the question.
2017 NFL Draft: Will Jabrill Peppers really drop to the Saints? Last Blog: 01-11-2017 By: hagan714
Saints: SP needs a streaker and a toy to make Cooks happy Last Blog: 12-12-2016 By: hagan714
|02-21-2004, 06:33 AM||#2|
5000 POSTS! +
Join Date: Sep 2002
My No Trade Mock (Full of 08-like substance)
In one thread you have the Saints trading away their starting QB and 37 picks to move to the number one spot and draft Eli. Then, here you have the guy falling to number11?!?!?! The guy doesn\'t make it out of the top 3.