My Full-O-Trades Draft (08 Theories abound)
Hey everyone, here are some projections I'm making.
My thought is that with so many 1st round talents at WR and CB, more teams are going to be willing to deal. This could be a very exciting draft.
2004 Full-o-Trades Mock Draft
1. ChargersÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Robert GalleryÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂOTÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂIowaÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂThe Chargers wonÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â„Â¢t get good QB play from anyone until they can protect the signal caller. There are no free agent tackles available that will be worth the cost. Gallery reminds us that they are still playing Martyball in San Diego. No one is willing to trade up to the top spot.
2. Steelers (f/ Raiders)ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Eli ManningÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂQBÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂOle MissÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂBill Cowher instantly gets a contract extension for this pick. The Steelers still need a corner, maybe theyÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â„Â¢ll have enough picks left to get one.
3. CardinalsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Kenechi UdezeÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂDEÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂUSCÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂWhen Green says heÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â„Â¢s going to start Josh McCown, I believe him. He always did well with interchangeable QBÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â„Â¢s in Minnesota and with no pass rush, the Cardinals get killed in the NFC West.
4. GiantsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Tommie HarrisÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂDTÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂOklahomaÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂCoughlin toughens up the run defense against his new opponents Gibbs and Parcells who are old-school, committed to running between the tackles coaches.
5. RedskinsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Kevin JonesÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂRBÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂVirginia TechÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂGibbs has got to actually have a running game this year. I think Jones and Jackson are basically a coin flip, so Gibbs picks the kid that the fans have been watching on Saturdays all season.
6. LionsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Larry FitzgeraldÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂWRÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂPittÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂHakeem has been a bust. Rogers and Fitz on either side make Joey Harrington weep for joy on draft day. Mooch picks the guy with the best draft buzz. Sean Taylor is also a strong possibility here, but I don't see Mooch passing on Fitzgerald if he's still on the board at pick 6.
7. Cowboys (f/ Atlanta)ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Steven JacksonÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂRBÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂOregon StÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂParcells finally gets a running attack. Jerry Jones will strike again and makes a huge move to secure a franchise back. Parcells can probably draft a QB later to throw into the camp mix.
8. BrownsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Kellen Winslow Jr.ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂTEÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂMiamiÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂButch Davis goes for a big, fast, sure handed mismatch for Couch/Holcomb to throw to. Davis sees a future hall of famer here and wants to have more offensive mismatches in the AFC north. The smart thing to do would be to take an OT, Davis wonÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â„Â¢t.
9. Bears (f/ Jaguars)ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Vince WilforkÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂDTÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂMiamiÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂLovie Smith draws the ire of Chicago fans by moving up to take a defensive player. Smith makes him a 2 gap player the replace Ted Washington. Wilfork becomes a run stuffing menace.
10. TexansÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Shawn AndrewsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂOTÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂArkansasÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂThe Texans take some protection for David Carr that they should have done with Jordan Gross last year. David CarrÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â„Â¢s injuries this year remind them to protect the QB.
11. Saints (f/ Raiders, f/ Steelers)ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Jonathan VilmaÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂMLBÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂMiamiÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂHaslett finally takes a LB. He jumps up over the Jets to make sure he gets his guy. Fans are left saying, ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã…Â“CouldnÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â„Â¢t we have waited and taken a CB?ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬?
12. JetsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Roy WilliamsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂWRÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂTexasÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂBig, athletic, sure handed target for Pennington to throw to. The Jets make a commitment to improving their offense. Williams is a nice fit as he can be a possession type receiver.
13. Raiders (f/ Bills)ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Ben RoethlisbergerÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂQBÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂMiami (OH)ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂMaybe Al Davis is crazy, but from here it looks like Al Davis is crazy like a fox. With a fistful of draft picks, Davis gives Turner a youth movement in Oakland and a franchise signal caller to build around.
14. Jaguars (f/ Chicago)ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Mike WilliamsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂWRÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂUSCÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂWith Jimmy Smith getting no younger, Del Rio picks up the best physical specimen at WR in this draft. The large number of WRÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â„Â¢s and CBÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â„Â¢s has a lot of teams making moves, counting on picking up a player at one of these positions later.
15. BucsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Vernon CareyÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂOGÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂMiamiÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂIf Gruden is going to run the ball at all, he has to have better line play. Carey provides a local talent with a ferocious attitude.
16. 49rsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Reggie WilliamsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂWRÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂWashingtonÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂPAC-10 kid comes home to replace TO. No-brainer pick.
17. BengalsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Chris GambleÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂCBÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂOhio StateÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂGamble is a steal here. Marvin Lewis will develop this kid into a premier shut down corner.
18. Bills (f/ Raiders, f/ Saints)ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Michael ClaytonÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂWRÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂLSUÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂClayton gives Bledsoe a new lease on life. Reed moves back to slot receiver and Buffalo becomes Tiger stadium north.
19. VikingsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Darrion ScottÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂDEÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂOhio StateÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂThe Vikings get tough against the run. Tice gambles that Scott becomes a better pro than teammate Will Smith.
20. Redskins (f/ Dolphins)ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Randy StarksÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂDTÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂMarylandÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂThe Dolphins trade the farm to get Ramsey from the Redskins. So now the Dolphins are actually a threat with the running and passing game. Gibbs picks the local talent to get ready for a lot of offense based on running between the tackles in the NFC east.
21. Patriots (f. Ravens)ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Sean TaylorÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂSÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂMiamiÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂSimply too good to pass up. The Pats do a lot with DBÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â„Â¢s and if Taylor is the next Ronnie Lott, the Pats D gets more scary. If I'm wrong on any pick on this mock, I'm probably most wrong on this one. I doubt Taylor falls this far, but I wouldnÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â„Â¢t have thought Deuce would have fallen so far either. Just one of those freak things.
22. Falcons (f/ Dallas)ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â DeAngelo HallÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂCBÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂVirginia TechÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂMora takes a gifts athlete to try and develop into a real shut down type player. He has some Dallas picks left over to try and pick up some other need players.
23. SeahawksÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Will SmithÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂDEÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂOhio StateÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂHolmgren makes a commitment to stop the run. Smith is a fabulous value here.
24. BroncosÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Will PooleÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂCBÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂUSCÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂShanahan chooses Poole over Robinson on character concerns. The Broncos have too many holes to fill and not enough players. CB is a start on a long list of needs.
25. PackersÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Antwan OdomÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂDEÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂAlabamaÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂThe smart thing is to draft Brett FavreÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â„Â¢s heir apparent. Every year, mock drafts project a QB of the future. Every year, the Packers do something else. This year is no different. The Packers try to find a solution to their yearly DE problem, courtesy of Joe Johnson.
26. RamsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Ben TroupeÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂTEÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂFloridaÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂThis is truly a shot in the dark. IÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â„Â¢ve given up trying to figure out how Martz drafts. ItÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â„Â¢s as good as guess as any.
27. TitansÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Nat DorseyÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂOTÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂGeorgia TechÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂThe Titans OTÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â„Â¢s are old and expensive. One of them will be a cap casualty. Dorsey is just going to plug one hole in a leaking boat though. Too many needs, not enough picks, not enough cap space.
28. EaglesÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Marquise HillÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂDEÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂLSUÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂReid needs a WR in the worst way. The Eagles decide to try and replace Hugh Douglas. A CB or Offensive line help could be attractive here too. I bet that Donovan persuades T.O. to sign on the dotted line in free agency.
29. ColtsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Dunta RobinsonÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂCBÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂSouth CarolinaÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂDungy likes speedy and physical players. Robinson should fit well in his scheme. Karlos Dansby could be a possibility here.
30. ChiefsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Derrick StraitÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂCBÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂOklahomaÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂThe Chiefs are still hurting from the damage Peyton Manning did to them in the playoffs. Strait is probably the most ready to start corner in the draft. The Chiefs will start him and heÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â„Â¢ll make some key plays.
31. PanthersÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â RaShaun WoodsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂWRÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂOklahoma StÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂGreat route runner. Should fit nicely in FoxÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â„Â¢s offensive scheme and complement DelhommeÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â„Â¢s abilities. Will probably start in the slot.
32. PatriotsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€Â Chris PerryÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂRBÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂMichiganÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â€ÂKind of a reach player here, but I bet that Bellichek will be taking another RB in later rounds and see who emerges from camp. I could see them taking ArkansasÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã¢Â„Â¢ Cedric Cobbs or Quincy Wilson from West Virginia in round 3.
[Edited on 21/2/2004 by BrooksMustGo]
My Full-O-Trades Draft (08 Theories abound)
dude dont take it personal i appreciate your efforts to put up this mock but honestly its the worst one if ever seen. you gotta be kidding me sean taylor falling to the 21st spot.
trading up to sign a lb is as stupid as the saints last year picking sullivan-so maybe if that trend continues your right but i hope if they trade up the go for wilfork-he\'d bring some beef to our line and is able to play the 2gap-position.
if our saints stay put i\'d like to see them taking hall,gamble, or starks
qualtiy lbs will be available in the 2nd round to(e.g.r.davis or lehmann)
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 PM.|
Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com