Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Best player on the Saints Defense....

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by strato Will Herring!.. Injured most of the season and one interception gets you votes!!!!!...

Like Tree18Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2011, 10:47 PM   #31
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Katy, Tx a suburb of Houston
Posts: 2,002
Cool

Originally Posted by strato View Post
Will Herring!..
Injured most of the season and one interception gets you votes!!!!!
alleycat_126 is offline  
Latest Blogs
2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Sainity Zone 9-30-14 Hail Last Blog: 09-30-2014 By: xan


Old 12-03-2011, 11:19 PM   #32
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
harper......it shouldnt even be close

harper is one of the best safeties in the entire league and he doesnt even get the recognition he deserves from his own fan base

will smith is our defensive captain and rightfully so as hes the longest tenured defender on our team and still one of the better DEs in the league

vilma and greer are probably next behind harper and will smith then id have to go with ellis and shanle

i want you guys to realize something about our defensive line......we blitz more than any other team in the league and because of that, we face more max protects than any other team in the league. our pressures are up but our sacks will never be at the top of the league because teams know exactly what we are going to do every play.

because of the guys in our secondary like harper, jenkins, greer, porter, and robinson we are able to send so many guys at the QB. not only does it help us in coverage but it helps us dictate what kind of play the offense has to make
Danno and SmashMouth like this.

"deal with it or you can go play the saints and get trounced by 30 and you won't have to worry about it."-colin cowherd
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 12-04-2011, 01:59 AM   #33
100th Post
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 275
Harper and Greer are no doubt the most important players on our defense.

And about Harper getting trucked, what SS wouldn't get trucked on a Jacob's full blast open field tackle?
Cory9289 is offline  
Old 12-04-2011, 07:15 AM   #34
SaintsWillWin
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Shreveport,Louisiana
Posts: 10,065
Question

Originally Posted by Mr Magic View Post
I'm your huckleberry..Ed Reed or Troy Polman....wouldn't have gotten trucked like that.

It seems Harper is good for at least 1 embarassing play a season. Last year, ran out of gas after an int and ran out of bounds and getting steamrolled on national tv by Brandon Jacobs last week.
Saints won both of those games, so whats your point?
foreverfan likes this.
WhoDat!656 is offline  
Old 12-04-2011, 07:41 AM   #35
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,541
Brees. LOL. He's the best thing the defense has going for it.
foreverfan and Mardigras9 like this.
Cruize is offline  
Old 12-04-2011, 07:56 AM   #36
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 16,433
Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
harper......it shouldnt even be close

harper is one of the best safeties in the entire league and he doesnt even get the recognition he deserves from his own fan base

will smith is our defensive captain and rightfully so as hes the longest tenured defender on our team and still one of the better DEs in the league

vilma and greer are probably next behind harper and will smith then id have to go with ellis and shanle

i want you guys to realize something about our defensive line......we blitz more than any other team in the league and because of that, we face more max protects than any other team in the league. our pressures are up but our sacks will never be at the top of the league because teams know exactly what we are going to do every play.

because of the guys in our secondary like harper, jenkins, greer, porter, and robinson we are able to send so many guys at the QB. not only does it help us in coverage but it helps us dictate what kind of play the offense has to make
Well said Canton.
Danno is offline  
Old 12-04-2011, 07:59 AM   #37
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 16,433
Originally Posted by Mr Magic View Post
I'm your huckleberry..Ed Reed or Troy Polman....wouldn't have gotten trucked like that.

It seems Harper is good for at least 1 embarassing play a season. Last year, ran out of gas after an int and ran out of bounds and getting steamrolled on national tv by Brandon Jacobs last week.
Well Huck, check your Berries. You're wrong... again.



TROY GETS TRUCKED!!!!!
|Mitch| likes this.
Danno is offline  
Old 12-04-2011, 08:35 AM   #38
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,441
Blog Entries: 5
Harper and Tracy Porter.
Euphoria is offline  
Old 12-04-2011, 09:12 AM   #39
Site Donor 2014
Lucky Cat
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 8,515
Blog Entries: 5
The problem with some fans are they forget that there is another team getting paid to win. Teams are suppose to make plays so someone is going to look bad occasionally. Harper wins a lot of battles. He's our most effective tackler. Personally I think he gets as much love as Devery Henderson. I wouldn't cut either one of them.
foreverfan is offline  
Old 12-04-2011, 11:00 AM   #40
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Posts: 2,021
Blog Entries: 1
Originally Posted by foreverfan View Post
The problem with some fans are they forget that there is another team getting paid to win. Teams are suppose to make plays so someone is going to look bad occasionally. Harper wins a lot of battles. He's our most effective tackler. Personally I think he gets as much love as Devery Henderson. I wouldn't cut either one of them.
You had me until you brought up Henderson.
I like that the Saints have a WR like Henderson available but I haven't heard much from him this year. I'm missing the comparison.
iceshack149 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/38577-best-player-saints-defense.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Best player on the Saints Defense.... This thread Refback 11-30-2011 05:50 PM 1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts