New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Greg Williams and ineffective blitz packages (http://blackandgold.com/saints/39075-greg-williams-ineffective-blitz-packages.html)

WhoDat!656 12-16-2011 12:28 PM

Greg Williams and ineffective blitz packages
 
The New Orleans Saints, Gregg Williams, and ineffective blitz packages

Danno 12-16-2011 03:08 PM

The front 4 can't get pressure so he has to manufacture pressure using blitz packages.

I'd hate to see what happenes when he relies solely on the front 4. It could get REAL ugly.

CantonLegend 12-16-2011 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danno (Post 357271)
The front 4 can't get pressure so he has to manufacture pressure using blitz packages.

That's just not true. GW blitzes because we can..not because we have to

We have a defensive end who is one of the elite pass rushers in the league. We have a DT in Ellis who is only a year removed from a 6 sack season and we have one of the most dominating pass rushing nose tackles in recent history in Shaun Rogers.

We blitz because our secondary is good enough to man up and our defensive line is good enough to hold the blockers so our blitzers can get through

We are actually near the top of the league in QB pressures despite not having the sack numbers that all the angry fans are looking for

Danno 12-16-2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CantonLegend (Post 357272)
That's just not true. GW blitzes because we can..not because we have to

We have a defensive end who is one of the elite pass rushers in the league. We have a DT in Ellis who is only a year removed from a 6 sack season and we have one of the most dominating pass rushing nose tackles in recent history in Shaun Rogers.

We blitz because our secondary is good enough to man up and our defensive line is good enough to hold the blockers so our blitzers can get through

We are actually near the top of the league in QB pressures despite not having the sack numbers that all the angry fans are looking for

Wrong, again.

CantonLegend 12-16-2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danno (Post 357273)
Wrong, again.

I know you're mad cuz I rained on your parade but how about explaining why? Will smith is only 2 seasons removed from a 14 sack season...please tell me he can't rush anymore cuz he's old and outta shape. Never heard that one before...in fact ppl said that in 08...the year before he went off

We all know sed can rush the passer and hold blockers. We also all know the role of 3-4 defensive linemen is to take on blockers and if you've been paying attention this season you can tell me what defense we've been playin a whole lot this season...I'll give you a hint...it starts with 3 down linemen

Danno 12-16-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CantonLegend (Post 357277)
I know you're mad cuz I rained on your parade but how about explaining why? Will smith is only 2 seasons removed from a 14 sack season...please tell me he can't rush anymore cuz he's old and outta shape. Never heard that one before...in fact ppl said that in 08...the year before he went off

We all know sed can rush the passer and hold blockers. We also all know the role of 3-4 defensive linemen is to take on blockers and if you've been paying attention this season you can tell me what defense we've been playin a whole lot this season...I'll give you a hint...it starts with 3 down linemen

2009 doesn't equal 2011
2010 doesn't equal 2011

I ain't mad, just fatigued from everyone proving you wrong all the time.;)

CantonLegend 12-16-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danno (Post 357279)
2009 doesn't equal 2011
2010 doesn't equal 2011

I ain't mad, just fatigued from everyone proving you wrong all the time.;)

Ur right...2011 is a completely different season and the offense And defense looks better than last year

Im not sure who proved me wrong about anything but I know you haven't and I'm positive you won't do it this time

Teams are afraid of our blitzing...that's why we see so many max protects

All ur saying is that our defense stinks and complaining about it...well prove it

papz 12-16-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danno (Post 357271)
The front 4 can't get pressure so he has to manufacture pressure using blitz packages.

+1

Must go after Avril next off season. *drools*

Danno 12-16-2011 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CantonLegend (Post 357280)
Ur right...2011 is a completely different season and the offense And defense looks better than last year

Im not sure who proved me wrong about anything but I know you haven't and I'm positive you won't do it this time

Teams are afraid of our blitzing...that's why we see so many max protects

All ur saying is that our defense stinks and complaining about it...well prove it

And this ladies and gentlemen is what is classically known as deflection. :p

Troll elsewhere junior.

Rugby Saint II 12-16-2011 03:58 PM

We blitz because we have less talent than necessary. This defense is built to have cover corners and be able to cover effectively for a short period of time.
The first thing Sean Payton did when he came here was address the corners. He understands how valuable the last line of defense is. Williams is taking advantage of that. We don't blitz less because we are not a team loaded with big play makers and if you can't get pressure you lose the chess match.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:52 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com