Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Any chance the Giants take out Packers?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Funny how many people are scared of the Packers......

Like Tree21Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 09:51 PM   #21
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,210
Blog Entries: 5
Funny how many people are scared of the Packers...
Euphoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Latest Blogs
Is this Manning's last Hurrah? Last Blog: 04-16-2014 By: SmashMouth


Landry over Beckham Jr. Last Blog: 04-12-2014 By: joker-saint


Saints Free Agency 2014 Last Blog: 03-11-2014 By: SmashMouth


Old 01-02-2012, 09:52 PM   #22
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,371
The Packers O-Line is banged up. The Giants bring the pressure. It's not impossible. And yes, the Cowboys are bad.
saintfan likes this.
Cruize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:00 PM   #23
100th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: California - Bay Area
Posts: 386
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Funny how many people are scared of the Packers...
Wanting to win the SB, and having the best chance possible to do that, does not equal scared.

If I evaluate the stats this year correctly, the best chance possible for us, is playing in the dome.

Funny how many people don't care about strategic advantage to win the game for all the marbles.

It is a gargantuan feat to win the Super Bowl, that implies both skill, execution and luck. To me, there is no reason not to want any advantage you can get. That's mostly why we played our starters against Carolina. When asked, the first thing Payton said was "There is still seeding at stake..."
WHO_DAT_CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:08 PM   #24
failclownHunter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: N.O. and V.A.
Posts: 1,784
Blog Entries: 3
Originally Posted by WHO_DAT_CAT View Post
"Girlie", huh?

So, girls sneak around for advantage, is your point then?

I notice Darren Sproles 'sneaking' though big a$$ scary defenders legs and no one calls him "girlie".

Whatever, dude. A Super Bowl win is a Super Bowl win.

And, I bet you $50 bucks, if we win the big one this year, because the Giants knocked off the Pack, you won't be complaining about, or disparaging our performance, because we won the Super Bowl in a "girlie" way.
The term is not gender specific. Its a common football term used. Not seeing many guys offended by the word "boy", so you might want to recalibrate the feminist meter.

and as I said, we don't control it, but I want GB, and the Pats, so Brees can go into the HOL. They will look at the weak teams we faced. Its why the 1978 Steelers were considered the best team ever. Theirs schedule was very tough, they deserved it.

just wanting to sneak into a SB is silly, and means little.

Last edited by pherein; 01-02-2012 at 10:10 PM..
pherein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:13 PM   #25
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grand Haven, Michigan by way of a little Mississippi River town in Louisiana
Posts: 2,444
I relish the thought of us playing in cheeseland. Green Bay is the one that will need all the help they can get when we come to town. The only strategy will be McCarthy explaining to the media why we put an a$$ beatin' on them the way we did, and don't kid yourself Payton wants to show everyone who the man really is.
halloween 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:14 PM   #26
11-5
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 2,549
The Packers D is worse than the Saints just they create turnovers, after the last couple weeks I'm not scared of the Packers at all
RaginCajun83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:16 PM   #27
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,748
Originally Posted by WHO_DAT_CAT View Post
Just wondering what ya'll think.
Yep. I think they have the defense to pressure Rodgers and slow down their potent offense and Eli is putting up elite numbers this season, so they can keep up with them in a shootout if their defense can keep Rodgers off the field. I also think they can beat San Francisco. Again their Defense will keep Alex and their lack luster offense in check even San Fran slows down Eli and Cruz. The Giants are built well to play any teams in the NFC except maybe us, if we continue to play the way we have the last couple weeks.
The Dude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:16 PM   #28
11-5
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 2,549
I always thought that version of the Steelers were considered that good because they had 20 HOFers starting for them
RaginCajun83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:25 PM   #29
100th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: California - Bay Area
Posts: 386
Originally Posted by pherein View Post
The term is not gender specific. Its a common football term used. Not seeing many guys offended by the word "boy", so you might want to recalibrate the feminist meter.

and as I said, we don't control it, but I want GB, and the Pats, so Brees can go into the HOL. They will look at the weak teams we faced. Its why the 1978 Steelers were considered the best team ever. Theirs schedule was very tough, they deserved it.

just wanting to sneak into a SB is silly, and means little.
You know what is interesting .... even the word "boy" cannot be used in a disparaging way ( unless you are using it to reference men of a particular ethnic group ). No, in our lexicon, all things male, are strong and awesome. Feminist meter is not complaining -- jus sayin'.

It is hubris not to want the Super Bowl, this year, any way we can get it. And, of course, we would deserve it!

And worrying about Brees in the HOL ... here's the thing ... another Super Bowl will assure his appearance there alot faster than not winning a second one.
WHO_DAT_CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:41 PM   #30
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,848
Originally Posted by WHO_DAT_CAT View Post
It is hubris not to want the Super Bowl, this year, any way we can get it. And, of course, we would deserve it!

And worrying about Brees in the HOL ... here's the thing ... another Super Bowl will assure his appearance there alot faster than not winning a second one.

I don't think that anyone here would dispute the fact that winning the SB would be the absolute No. 1 thing for the Saints to achieve this season - no matter who they faced along the road to that final goal or however those individual games were won.

All I was originally saying was that I would relish the chance to see the Saints play in the conference finals against Green Bay, because 1) they are the number one seed of NFC and NFL; 2) they defeated the Saints in the season opener; and 3) because it would undoubtedly be a highly entertaining match... one that might have a chance to go down in history as one of the greatest.

And I don't worry about things like HOL for Brees, because I have no doubts when it comes to his induction down the road.



Originally Posted by halloween 65 View Post
I relish the thought of us playing in cheeseland. Green Bay is the one that will need all the help they can get when we come to town. The only strategy will be McCarthy explaining to the media why we put an a$$ beatin' on them the way we did, and don't kid yourself Payton wants to show everyone who the man really is.

I wonder if SP still feels some resentment over the fact that GB decided not to offer him the job?!

"I don't think I'll be thinking at all. I think I'm just gonna go out there and play my balls out" - Martez Wilson | "I'm not bashing people, I'm bashing their opinions because in my opinion their opinion is wrong" - Danno
FinSaint is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/39749-any-chance-giants-take-out-packers.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
If Packers vs Saints in NFC Champ. | Page 3 | Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community This thread Refback 01-04-2012 08:51 AM 7


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts