New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Article: Are Saints primed to de-throne the Packers? (http://blackandgold.com/saints/39790-saints-primed-de-throne-packers.html)

WhoDat!656 01-03-2012 02:30 PM

Are Saints primed to de-throne the Packers?
 
"We are poised to make that run right now,'' Brees said. "I can say that in our hearts, just making it to the playoffs isn't good enough.

"That might be where it stops for some teams. But not for us. It's all about the expectation level that we've created in the last few years, definitely in winning a Super Bowl. Once you taste it, there's nothing like it. Anything short of it is a disappointment.''

Full article.
Inside slant: Saints primed to topple Pack?

RockyMountainSaint 01-03-2012 02:42 PM

"Offensively, the Saints are a version of the Green Bay Packers,'' NBC analyst Cris Collinsworth said. "Do they have an occasional off day? They do. But it's no fluke that San Diego is struggling without Darren Sproles.

Collinsworth's comments are inane, as usual.

Srgt. Hulka 01-03-2012 03:03 PM

Aaron Rodgers and the reigning Super Bowl champion Green Bay Packers have seemingly been the NFC team to beat since their season-opening, 42-34 shootout win against the New Orleans Saints, who won it all after the 2009 season.

Question is, are the high-flying Saints peaking just in time to topple the Packers?


That's a silly question. Of coarse they are.

halloween 65 01-03-2012 03:14 PM

I don't think it will be as close as people think, New Orleans by a lot.

WHO_DAT_CAT 01-03-2012 03:18 PM

CBS analyst Rich Gannon said "A Saints-Packers rematch boils down to whatever defense plays a little bit better, gets off the field and creates turnovers...''

Only thing in the article worth reading.

homerj07 01-03-2012 08:12 PM

HEY - Do NOT count the "W"'s before they are won!!

One game at a time!!

RockyMountainSaint 01-03-2012 08:38 PM

Before a Saints @ Packers game can be realized, many things need to happen:

Saints defeat Lions

Saints defeat 49ers

The winner of Falcons @ Giants plays @ GB and loses.

Only then can we have that match-up.

That's assuming a lot.

I am gonna watch the Saints play the Lions on Sat.

We'll see after that.

Kryptonite 01-04-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homerj07 (Post 363412)
HEY - Do NOT count the "W"'s before they are won!!

One game at a time!!

You see, that's the luxury of being a fan. We can count "W's" before they happen, we can see ourselves celebrating the SB months in advance. All the good stuff we envisioned prior to the season's start. It's the players, coaches, organization, etc, that have to realize that it's one game at a time, and to stay focused on the ultimate goal....and leave it up to us to do all the sh*t talking.

I'm already partying like it's 19, I mean, 2009!!!

WHO DAT!

Danno 01-04-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryptonite (Post 363713)
You see, that's the luxury of being a fan. We can count "W's" before they happen, we can see ourselves celebrating the SB months in advance. All the good stuff we envisioned prior to the season's start. It's the players, coaches, organization, etc, that have to realize that it's one game at a time, and to stay focused on the ultimate goal....and leave it up to us to do all the sh*t talking.

I'm already partying like it's 19, I mean, 2009!!!

WHO DAT!

I've already decided the 2012 Superbowl is ours too! I say 50/50 for 2013 but 70/30 for 2014.

saintfan 01-04-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danno (Post 363800)
I've already decided the 2012 Superbowl is ours too! I say 50/50 for 2013 but 70/30 for 2014.

As long as Brees is on the team you have to think we have something more than a puncher's chance.

:bng:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com