New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   2 years on a row..... (http://blackandgold.com/saints/40390-2-years-row.html)

voodooido 01-14-2012 08:42 PM

2 years on a row.....
 
Our safeties get abused 2 years in a row. I know that the defense played well until the last two drives. Even then it was the safeties that cost the game. How can it be fixed? Is it lack of pressure? Poor LB corp? My thought is it may be GW's game plan. IDK but something has to give. The best team 3 years straight but lose to inferior teams.One way or another GW needs to go......

G504 01-14-2012 08:49 PM

I think GW's game plan relies on us actually getting the sack or batted ball.

And yeah, second year in a row, but this is the first time we actually made the playoffs 3 years in a row. So if we can establish ourselves like a New England - year in and year out, the unchanllengable champ of the division, and we just outright expect to make the playoffs - then more Superbowls will come.

Captain Catfish 01-14-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G504 (Post 369623)
I think GW's game plan relies on us actually getting the sack or batted ball.

And yeah, second year in a row, but this is the first time we actually made the playoffs 3 years in a row. So if we can establish ourselves like a New England - year in and year out, the unchanllengable champ of the division, and we just outright expect to make the playoffs - then more Superbowls will come.

Not with Williams calling the defense. He really does not know more than the average fan, I am afraid.

Budsdrinker 01-14-2012 08:55 PM

we need to fine dlinemen that can pressure so we don't have to rely on the blitz

G504 01-14-2012 09:00 PM

In 09, we lived off take-aways. That is the biggest difference. Our secondary needs to report to camp with the WRs until they learn how to freakin' catch! We dropped two picks today. One was right in our laps! And we let them recover two of their own fumbles. We not flying to the ball.

LBCutta 01-14-2012 09:11 PM

GET RID OF GREG WILLIAMS!!!!!!! NOW!

|Mitch| 01-14-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G504 (Post 369641)
In 09, we lived off take-aways. That is the biggest difference. Our secondary needs to report to camp with the WRs until they learn how to freakin' catch! We dropped two picks today. One was right in our laps! And we let them recover two of their own fumbles. We not flying to the ball.

In '09 we had a secondary coach; he is now the Broncos defensive coordinator

TheFaithful 01-14-2012 09:13 PM

Send him to the Rams with Fisher. As i hear it, that's where he is going anyway.

gandhi1007 01-14-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Mitch| (Post 369668)
In '09 we had a secondary coach; he is now the Broncos defensive coordinator

Hmmmm........that defense has played well all year. Again......hmmmm........

G504 01-14-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Mitch| (Post 369668)
In '09 we had a secondary coach; he is now the Broncos defensive coordinator

And that would be it, in a nutshell.

Also think the personnel wasn't right. We should have resigned Sharper. Loomis playing too much Moneyball (just saw that movie, so it's on my mind). True, Colston, PT, Ivory, and Brees were excellent examples of finding players nobody else wanted, but at some point, we gotta open up the checkbook.

Deuce, Horn, and Sharper. Three times we cut the emotional leader of the team. Sometimes heart is more important than ability. No WAY Sharper gets beat deep twice by a tight end! I don't care if he was in a wheel chair. He would NOT have let that happen!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com