New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Not that it matters, but... (http://blackandgold.com/saints/40479-not-matters-but.html)

73Saint 01-17-2012 01:33 PM

Not that it matters, but...
 
I seem to recall very few, if any, penalties Saturday night against us. Anyone have the stats on that? Just grasping for something positive to cling to. I am still reeling from this defeat!!!!

JimmyB1775 01-17-2012 01:36 PM

Penalties
 
I got nothing for you on that, but I will say I was calling for a flag numerous times. The hit on PT was legal according to experts but you can't tell me they wouldn't have flagged that 9 out of 10 times anyways. They had two late hits out of bounds, some pass interference and other stuff. Every week, I'm screaming for them to "let us play football" and last week, we got it.

|Mitch| 01-17-2012 01:37 PM

I just remember Drew getting hit a couple times late and not a single roughing flag was ever thrown

Boutte 01-17-2012 01:57 PM

There really hasn't been a lot flags thrown in the post season. Looks like the league has heard the complaints about the refs being too much of factor in the out come of games.

AsylumGuido 01-17-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 73Saint (Post 370893)
I seem to recall very few, if any, penalties Saturday night against us. Anyone have the stats on that? Just grasping for something positive to cling to. I am still reeling from this defeat!!!!

We had one penalty called on us and it was declined.

Halo 01-17-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido (Post 370906)
We had one penalty called on us and it was declined.

That's correct. It was a very penalty free game. Who officiated that game? Anyone know.

AsylumGuido 01-17-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmyB1775 (Post 370894)
I got nothing for you on that, but I will say I was calling for a flag numerous times. The hit on PT was legal according to experts but you can't tell me they wouldn't have flagged that 9 out of 10 times anyways. They had two late hits out of bounds, some pass interference and other stuff. Every week, I'm screaming for them to "let us play football" and last week, we got it.

Yes I can. That happens a half a dozen times every game and is not called because it isn't a penalty.

AsylumGuido 01-17-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halo (Post 370907)
That's correct. It was a very penalty free game. Who officiated that game? Anyone know.

John Parry's crew.

AsylumGuido 01-17-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido (Post 370911)
John Parry's crew.

He is also going to be leading the Super Bowl crew.

SloMotion 01-17-2012 02:25 PM

Yep, 0 penalties in a shoot-out like that ... it's a testimony to team discipline and efficiency.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com