New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Greg Romeus (http://blackandgold.com/saints/40561-greg-romeus.html)

hitta 01-20-2012 02:55 AM

Greg Romeus
 
I think this guy is somewhat getting lost in the crowd when it comes to the our defensive ends. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up as our starting RDE sometime in the very near future and we part ways with Will Smith. The guy has a extremely strong work ethic and is just a beast. I think it's sort of baffling that he dropped to the 7th round even with his injury. I honestly believe Spagnuolo will make him into something really special.

Crusader 01-20-2012 04:58 AM

I hope you are right. I remember being very impressed when I watched film on him playing in college around the draft.

FinSaint 01-20-2012 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitta (Post 371945)
I think this guy is somewhat getting lost in the crowd when it comes to the our defensive ends. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up as our starting RDE sometime in the very near future and we part ways with Will Smith. The guy has a extremely strong work ethic and is just a beast. I think it's sort of baffling that he dropped to the 7th round even with his injury. I honestly believe Spagnuolo will make him into something really special.


I think most of us are very aware of him and his potential, but the thing is that we haven't really received any updates on how his rehabbing and training has progressed, so while I'm optimistic about him becoming a true playmaker for next season - I'm also a little bit hesitant due to the uncertain variables involved.

Budsdrinker 01-20-2012 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinSaint (Post 371959)
I think most of us are very aware of him and his potential, but the thing is that we haven't really received any updates on how his rehabbing and training has progressed, so while I'm optimistic about him becoming a true playmaker for next season - I'm also a little bit hesitant due to the uncertain variables involved.

Actually when he came off of the non football injury list before he was placed on IR they said he was looking pretty good. I'll see if i can find the article. Here is one article.
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...sive_e_24.html

halloween 65 01-20-2012 08:09 AM

Junior on one end, Romeus on the other, should be interesting if we get a 2 others beasts for the middle. I think Romeus starts within 4 games, he!! I hope the 1st one, he is going to be good.

Danno 01-20-2012 08:17 AM

I'm looking forward to seeing what Spagnuolo can do with Romeus as well as Galette, Bussey, Jordan, Johnson, Quddus, Amaya and Wilson.

We've got a ton of young talent just waiting to develop.

LBCutta 01-20-2012 08:46 AM

I look for Gallette to be very productive under Spags....I think G.Williams wasnt good a developing young talent. You see all of the young guys we have on D, especially the lineman and linbackers are kind of stagnant

CharityMike 01-20-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingCutta (Post 371987)
I look for Gallette to be very productive under Spags....I think G.Williams wasnt good a developing young talent. You see all of the young guys we have on D, especially the lineman and linbackers are kind of stagnant

BUT..was that GW or his crappy assistant coach's? A little of both probably but I would like to see an upgrade at DL and LB coach.

saints1234 01-20-2012 11:59 AM

i love Romeus and cant wait to see what he does just his injury's might cause a problem if he cant stay healthy

FinSaint 01-20-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budsdrinker (Post 371966)
Actually when he came off of the non football injury list before he was placed on IR they said he was looking pretty good. I'll see if i can find the article. Here is one article.
New Orleans Saints defensive end Greg Romeus will make practice debut Wednesday - New Orleans Saints Football NFL News - NOLA.com


Thanks for the link to that article!

Still, there was nothing concrete said in it about his health going forward just:

"He's doing well (in his rehab). He's one of my training room partners. I see him in there two seats over to the left."

Not a lot of tangibles in that...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com