Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Brees,'I will be beyond stunned' if deal isn't reach with Saints

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Told ya! Brees is such a class act. If you don't like this guy, something is seriously wrong with you. I see statues of this guy in front of the dome one day....

Like Tree19Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #11
Threaded by gandhi1007
Part Time Pimp
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,966

Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

Told ya! Brees is such a class act. If you don't like this guy, something is seriously wrong with you. I see statues of this guy in front of the dome one day.
Views: 1232
Latest Blogs
2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Sainity Zone 9-30-14 Hail Last Blog: 09-30-2014 By: xan


Old 01-20-2012, 03:55 PM   #12
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,800
I think the figure will be somewhere in the middle, meaning we will have to give up something. Brees is a great guy but I don't see him bending too much and rightfully so, he's earned it and without him the Saints are nothing more than an average team at best.
SapperSaint and OldMaid like this.
Beastmode is offline  
Old 01-20-2012, 05:33 PM   #13
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,934
Originally Posted by Beastmode View Post
I think the figure will be somewhere in the middle, meaning we will have to give up something. Brees is a great guy but I don't see him bending too much and rightfully so, he's earned it and without him the Saints are nothing more than an average team at best.

I don't think that is completely fair towards the other 52 players on the active roster every single week, or towards the staff who spend countless hours preparing for the games, but I do agree that no one can argue that Brees isn't a significant part of the success the Saints have had since 2006 - and one without which it would be tough going forward.

Still, I don't think we would see a similar situation with the Saints if Brees went down for an extended period of time as it were with the Colts this season missing Manning - they are too well coached and managed in order for that to happen, but it would be tough nevertheless.

"I don't think I'll be thinking at all. I think I'm just gonna go out there and play my balls out" - Martez Wilson | "I'm not bashing people, I'm bashing their opinions because in my opinion their opinion is wrong" - Danno
FinSaint is online now  
Old 01-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #14
Resident Swede
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Märsta, Sweden
Posts: 5,050
Originally Posted by ScottF View Post
also, Arrington's rise might mean Devery or Meachem have become too expensive,
Arringtons what? He is our 6th WR for a reason. I have not seen any rise from him at all.
SapperSaint likes this.
Crusader is offline  
Old 01-21-2012, 08:46 AM   #15
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 3,845
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
Arringtons what? He is our 6th WR for a reason. I have not seen any rise from him at all.
Henderson couldn't catch anything his first two years, and Meachem was inactive practically his entire rookie year. SP obviously has confidence in AA or he would have brought someone else in. He has had two years to look at him, so there must be something there.
He's our 6th receiver bc the top 5 are all above average, and Drew can get the ball to anyone, including a 5th string TE named Higgins

My point is that we are going to need the money, and if that means losing Devery or Meachem and moving AA to the 5th spot, I'm fine with that
ScottF is offline  
Old 01-21-2012, 08:55 AM   #16
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,934
Originally Posted by ScottF View Post
Henderson couldn't catch anything his first two years, and Meachem was inactive practically his entire rookie year. SP obviously has confidence in AA or he would have brought someone else in. He has had two years to look at him, so there must be something there.
He's our 6th receiver bc the top 5 are all above average, and Drew can get the ball to anyone, including a 5th string TE named Higgins

My point is that we are going to need the money, and if that means losing Devery or Meachem and moving AA to the 5th spot, I'm fine with that

I'm more hopeful at the prospect of both Morgan and Tanner being able to elevate their game and maybe earn an active roster spot than Arrington suddenly becoming a lot better... unfortunately I think we've already seen his back of tricks.
FinSaint is online now  
Old 01-21-2012, 11:56 AM   #17
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 3,845
Originally Posted by FinSaint View Post
I'm more hopeful at the prospect of both Morgan and Tanner being able to elevate their game and maybe earn an active roster spot than Arrington suddenly becoming a lot better... unfortunately I think we've already seen his back of tricks.
we'll see...was Morgan's injury for real? We have a penchant for putting guys on IR w/ marginal injuries just so we can keep them and get them a paycheck.
I think Tanner is a practice body, and if he could have, he would have beaten out AA already
ScottF is offline  
Old 01-21-2012, 12:19 PM   #18
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,934
Originally Posted by ScottF View Post
we'll see...was Morgan's injury for real? We have a penchant for putting guys on IR w/ marginal injuries just so we can keep them and get them a paycheck.
I think Tanner is a practice body, and if he could have, he would have beaten out AA already

But you have to remember that neither of these guys hardly had any OTAs or extended pre-season practice camps whereas AA has been given these opportunities, but still his development hasn't really impressed anyone in particular... at least I haven't read a single press release where someone from the staff had praised AA's development.

And Morgan was indeed really injured in the pre-season - he underwent arthroscopic knee surgery, which in itself would probably not have ended his season, but missing those 4 to 5 weeks it takes to rehab after that type of a surgery really put him behind the 8 ball towards claiming a roster spot.

There are number of technical benefits to "red shirt" a rookie player for the year instead of trying to get him back to the roster at a later date, but I have no doubts that if he hadn't gotten injured he would have made a serious bid for the #6 WR spot ahead of AA.

"I don't think I'll be thinking at all. I think I'm just gonna go out there and play my balls out" - Martez Wilson | "I'm not bashing people, I'm bashing their opinions because in my opinion their opinion is wrong" - Danno
FinSaint is online now  
Old 01-21-2012, 01:50 PM   #19
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Wherever I lay my hat
Posts: 3,017
UK_WhoDat said he would be "beyond stunned" too
W. Kovacs likes this.
UK_WhoDat is offline  
Old 01-21-2012, 03:19 PM   #20
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 503
I know I am naive, but I wish the "Big 3" of the off-season would sit together with the FO and work out a deal that is fair for all of them and also allows the team to prepare for the future.

Failing that, I hope Drew leads by example and bypasses a little bit of $$$ in exchange for keeping his team together. I mean, how awesome would it be if, at Drew's HOF induction, the person giving the induction speech is able to bring up how he sacrificed some cash to win a few more championships (knock-wood).

There aren't a lot of athletes in any sport that seem willing to do that sort of thing in this day and age...

Last edited by W. Kovacs; 01-21-2012 at 03:20 PM.. Reason: poor sentence structure.
W. Kovacs is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/40573-brees-i-will-beyond-stunned-if-deal-isnt-reach-saints.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest Drew Brees News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 01-20-2012 09:23 PM 1
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 01-20-2012 08:02 PM 1
Brees,'I will be beyond stunned' if deal isn't reach with Saints This thread Refback 01-20-2012 02:34 PM 1
Article: Brees,'I will be beyond stunned' if deal isn't reach with Saints This thread Refback 01-20-2012 01:37 PM 1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts