Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Brees scared to run?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Drew is a dam good athlete, and very good running quarterback. I really don't any team wants their Quarterback to run to much risk....

Like Tree18Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2012, 08:23 PM   #11
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 18,686
Drew is a dam good athlete, and very good running quarterback. I really don't any team wants their Quarterback to run to much risk.
QBREES9 is offline  
Latest Blogs
MID TERM ELECTION Last Blog: 10-29-2014 By: teddybarexxx


2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Old 01-21-2012, 08:26 PM   #12
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 1,509
I can think of 9 reasons Not to run
Thomas
Ivory
Sproles
Ingram
Graham
Henderson
Colston
Meachem
Moore

I'm sure I can list more.
Jamessr is offline  
Old 01-21-2012, 08:29 PM   #13
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 18,686
Great point. Theirs is no reason to run.
QBREES9 is offline  
Old 01-21-2012, 09:03 PM   #14
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,815
How many running QB's, even marginal runners, have really impacted the game beyond the regular season. Only couple I can really think of; Rogers and Steve Young, who took some serious beatings in his day. Brees could take off more but why when you have the most accurate QB in the NFL. Let Cam and Tebow keep running around like that...it almost always ends the same way; serious injury.
Beastmode is offline  
Old 01-21-2012, 10:01 PM   #15
Senior Citizen
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Gulfport, MS
Posts: 3,180
Blog Entries: 1
The the "threat of the run", can change the way a defense plays against you. Im not saying he needs to run everytime he touches the ball, you guys are missing my point. There were times this year, where we were say 3rd and 5, NO ONE gets open, and instead of running for it, he either a. Threw into triple coverage, b. Tried to force it to a covered receiver, or c. Threw it away. With our defense what it was, punting was a bad idea. There were even a couple of these instances in the Niners game.
SaintPauly is offline  
Old 01-21-2012, 11:46 PM   #16
A Cajun Transforming TX
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 2,288
Originally Posted by SaintPauly View Post
The the "threat of the run", can change the way a defense plays against you. Im not saying he needs to run everytime he touches the ball, you guys are missing my point. There were times this year, where we were say 3rd and 5, NO ONE gets open, and instead of running for it, he either a. Threw into triple coverage, b. Tried to force it to a covered receiver, or c. Threw it away. With our defense what it was, punting was a bad idea. There were even a couple of these instances in the Niners game.
Yeah, I kind of agree with this to a point. There were times when he could have ran for a first down but it also opens himself up for injury. Drew is not a big physical guy like Rodgers and some of the other QB's. If the field is open enough he should run and utilize his baseball skills and slide but if the field isn't open just do the Peyton Manning and go down. We don't need him taking big hits.
Budsdrinker is offline  
Old 01-22-2012, 01:49 AM   #17
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Belle Chasse
Posts: 1,556
Originally Posted by Budsdrinker View Post
Yeah, I kind of agree with this to a point. There were times when he could have ran for a first down but it also opens himself up for injury. Drew is not a big physical guy like Rodgers and some of the other QB's. If the field is open enough he should run and utilize his baseball skills and slide but if the field isn't open just do the Peyton Manning and go down. We don't need him taking big hits.
Good point but all i have to do is look at what happened to PT. I'm sure there are lots of guys who'd gladly take the 15 yards to knock him out if they got the chance. Slide or no slide.
Boutte is offline  
Old 01-22-2012, 06:26 AM   #18
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: "Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam, circumspice"
Posts: 4,569
Blog Entries: 15
Plus, do you need to run that much when you have three Pro-Bowlers on the O/L and you have the ability to convert on third down like the Saints do?
Rugby Saint II likes this.
SloMotion is offline  
Old 01-22-2012, 07:08 AM   #19
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nottinghamshire, UK
Posts: 4,429
Originally Posted by Boutte View Post
Good point but all i have to do is look at what happened to PT. I'm sure there are lots of guys who'd gladly take the 15 yards to knock him out if they got the chance. Slide or no slide.
This statement says it all

Yeah footballs a physical game but I'd like to be able to prevent drew getting hit like Pierre did, game would be over if drew went to the locker room.
Plus we were automatic on 3rd downs all year, even though it's disappointing how the season ended for us, it clearly showed what we need to improve and I like that aspect of it, tooling up and being the best team next season
dizzle88 is online now  
Old 01-22-2012, 07:15 AM   #20
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Wherever I lay my hat
Posts: 3,033
Of course Brees can run. But why run when he can fly?
UK_WhoDat is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/40599-brees-scared-run.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Brees scared to run? This thread Refback 01-21-2012 05:53 PM 8


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts