Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Would like to have Williams

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by gandhi1007 I agree. Mario played his best in a 4-3. And to the young man's credit he never complained about the switch at all to the best of my knowledge. Class act and I'd love to see ...

Like Tree22Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2012, 07:02 PM   #51
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 16,829
Originally Posted by gandhi1007 View Post
I agree. Mario played his best in a 4-3.
And to the young man's credit he never complained about the switch at all to the best of my knowledge.

Class act and I'd love to see him in a Saint uniform, although its highly unlikely.
Danno is offline  
Latest Blogs


Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


What i tell you ! !! ! Last Blog: 11-02-2014 By: SAINTstunna


Old 02-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #52
Part Time Pimp
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,966
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
And to the young man's credit he never complained about the switch at all to the best of my knowledge.

Class act and I'd love to see him in a Saint uniform, although its highly unlikely.
Me too! I was wrong about him 2006.
Danno likes this.
gandhi1007 is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 07:57 PM   #53
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,953
What I meant was that I'm not sure if he'd be willing to be an OLB in a 4-3 after making the switch to being a 5-tech to accommodate the 3-4.

Naturally he could be a DE for the Saints, but most of the discussion has revolved around the idea of him being an OLB for the Saints.

I know that there's not much difference between being a DE in a 4-3 as opposed to being an OLB in a 3-4, but I was just wondering if he preferred that spot and scheme now that he made the transition.

"I don't think I'll be thinking at all. I think I'm just gonna go out there and play my balls out" - Martez Wilson | "I'm not bashing people, I'm bashing their opinions because in my opinion their opinion is wrong" - Danno
FinSaint is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 08:01 PM   #54
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 16,829
Originally Posted by FinSaint View Post
What I meant was that I'm not sure if he'd be willing to be an OLB in a 4-3 after making the switch to being a 5-tech to accommodate the 3-4.

Naturally he could be a DE for the Saints, but most of the discussion has revolved around the idea of him being an OLB for the Saints.

I know that there's not much difference between being a DE in a 4-3 as opposed to being an OLB in a 3-4, but I was just wondering if he preferred that spot and scheme now that he made the transition.
I'm pretty sure he knows that if he came here he'd be a 4-3 DE. I don't think anyone wants him here as a 4-3 OLB and if they do I'd place them on ignore immediately.
RockyMountainSaint likes this.
Danno is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #55
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bayou Cane
Posts: 6,876
Blog Entries: 13
Calais Campbell
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 09:36 PM   #56
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,953
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
I'm pretty sure he knows that if he came here he'd be a 4-3 DE. I don't think anyone wants him here as a 4-3 OLB and if they do I'd place them on ignore immediately.
But what I'm saying is that maybe he prefers to stay as an OLB in a 3-4 scheme rather than returning to being a pure DE in a 4-3.

He already was a Pro Bowl 4-3 DE, so maybe he wants this new challenge of becoming as dominant in this new position as he was in the earlier one?

He was injured this past season and maybe he wants to give it another shot, and hoping he can have a full season to master the new position.

Now I'm not saying that is the case or that if it would ultimately affect his decision of which team he signs for... I was merely speculating as we have nothing else to do these days.

"I don't think I'll be thinking at all. I think I'm just gonna go out there and play my balls out" - Martez Wilson | "I'm not bashing people, I'm bashing their opinions because in my opinion their opinion is wrong" - Danno
FinSaint is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/40652-would-like-have-williams.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Would like to have Williams This thread Refback 01-23-2012 04:22 PM 2


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts