Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

He's officially Bad

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; SpagNOLA will decide. Vilma may be like great pizza dough.... Make it cover too much area and it will have problems.... Lets put talent around Vilma since he seems to be the most intelligent option....

Like Tree14Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012, 04:24 PM   #21
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
SpagNOLA will decide.

Vilma may be like great pizza dough.... Make it cover too much area and it will have problems.... Lets put talent around Vilma since he seems to be the most intelligent option.
TheOak is offline  
Latest Blogs
REFUND Last Blog: 12-07-2014 By: xan




Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


Old 01-31-2012, 10:53 AM   #22
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grand Haven, Michigan by way of a little Mississippi River town in Louisiana
Posts: 2,849
Vilma needs to go, to light to play the middle in a 4/3 scheme. Way overrated if you ask me and over paid also. Spags D will be new to him just like every Saints player thats here now, don't be to surprised if Vilma is gone this year, I'll be surprised if he stays. We need a thumper in the middle, with some weight and speed. I see Wilson starting in the middle this year.
halloween 65 is online now  
Old 01-31-2012, 11:57 AM   #23
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,466
Blog Entries: 5
Originally Posted by halloween 65 View Post
Vilma needs to go, to light to play the middle in a 4/3 scheme. Way overrated if you ask me and over paid also. Spags D will be new to him just like every Saints player thats here now, don't be to surprised if Vilma is gone this year, I'll be surprised if he stays. We need a thumper in the middle, with some weight and speed. I see Wilson starting in the middle this year.
Dude what are you smoking... because I sure want not part of that.
Euphoria is offline  
Old 01-31-2012, 12:22 PM   #24
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grand Haven, Michigan by way of a little Mississippi River town in Louisiana
Posts: 2,849
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Dude what are you smoking... because I sure want not part of that.
Look at his stats and field play for the last 2 dreadful years, and I only smoke the best!! How about you!!!
halloween 65 is online now  
Old 01-31-2012, 01:15 PM   #25
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,956
I don't think 2010 was that bad for Vilma and we have to remember that he was playing injured for the latter part of that season, and he played injured all through this season.

Assuming he has healed from those past injuries and that he stays injury free this next coming season - working within much better defensive schemes and with an improved LB corps as a whole - he might have a couple of really good seasons left in him.

Based on the 2009 season, he isn't being over-payed, but based on the last two he is, so who knows what they'll do with his contract, but I'm pretty sure he'll be back next season playing in the black and gold.
Euphoria likes this.

"I don't think I'll be thinking at all. I think I'm just gonna go out there and play my balls out" - Martez Wilson | "I'm not bashing people, I'm bashing their opinions because in my opinion their opinion is wrong" - Danno
FinSaint is online now  
Old 01-31-2012, 03:39 PM   #26
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 17,085
Originally Posted by halloween 65 View Post
Look at his stats and field play for the last 2 dreadful years, and I only smoke the best!! How about you!!!
Agreed. His play has dropped off significantly the last two years because of his knees.

If he can get back to 100%, he's obviously a keeper. But can he?

His game is speed and quickness. Both have dropped off. Are his knees shot?
Danno is online now  
Old 01-31-2012, 05:05 PM   #27
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,956
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Agreed. His play has dropped off significantly the last two years because of his knees.

If he can get back to 100%, he's obviously a keeper. But can he?

His game is speed and quickness. Both have dropped off. Are his knees shot?

Yes exactly, only the physios and trainers of the Saints know what his situation is, and I'm confident that the organization will make a decision based on that information, which will be both the right one for the organization and for the player going forward.

If his knees are in a similar state to what f.e. Lofa Tatupu's were - it's hard to see Vilma himself wanting to play anymore and risk being forced to live out the rest of his life with decreased mobility because if it.
FinSaint is online now  
Closed Thread

Tags
football outsiders, linebackers, ratings, saints, scott shanle, shanle, worst

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/40771-hes-officially-bad.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
He's officially Bad This thread Refback 01-27-2012 02:08 PM 7


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts