Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal
View Poll Results: Giants or Patriots?
New York Giants 45 77.59%
New England Patriots 13 22.41%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Superbowl

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by BOLTS4LIFE I'm not watching it. I hate both teams! I'm watching it. I hate both teams! I win either way....

Like Tree13Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012, 04:25 PM   #11
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 1,520
Originally Posted by BOLTS4LIFE View Post
I'm not watching it. I hate both teams!
I'm watching it. I hate both teams!

I win either way.

Halo and CharityMike like this.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Latest Blogs
Is this Manning's last Hurrah? Last Blog: 04-16-2014 By: SmashMouth


Landry over Beckham Jr. Last Blog: 04-12-2014 By: joker-saint


Saints Free Agency 2014 Last Blog: 03-11-2014 By: SmashMouth


Old 01-28-2012, 04:36 PM   #12
Site Donor
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 10,846
Blog Entries: 43
I don't think the Pats match up well with the Giants. I thought so in 2007 too. I think the Pats match up worse this year than the previous SB.

Pats are very lucky to be in the SB. The Ravesn SUPER blew it, but hey, that's football.
Halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:37 PM   #13
Site Donor
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 10,846
Blog Entries: 43
Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
I'm watching it. I hate both teams!

I win either way.

I think it's going to be a good game. I thought last years SB with the Pack and Steelers was boring... couldn't get into it.
Halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:42 PM   #14
OUR NEW REGIME!
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 510
Originally Posted by Halo View Post
I don't think the Pats match up well with the Giants. I thought so in 2007 too. I think the Pats match up worse this year than the previous SB.

Pats are very lucky to be in the SB. The Ravesn SUPER blew it, but hey, that's football.

So did the 49ers. Yeah, I know you guys don't like the 49ers. I'm not particularly a fan either BUT you've got to respect what Jim Harbaugh has done with that team. Especially when they were expected to be a doormat.
BOLTS4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:44 PM   #15
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,843
Originally Posted by Halo View Post
I think it's going to be a good game. I thought last years SB with the Pack and Steelers was boring... couldn't get into it.

I fell asleep half way though and woke up to the confetti flying in the air... here's to hoping this year will be more exciting!
Stiggs likes this.
FinSaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:19 PM   #16
"Do Your Job!!"
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mid City, New Orleans
Posts: 1,712
Originally Posted by NOS2SB View Post
Giants!!!!
^^This^^
CharityMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:01 AM   #17
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,741
Originally Posted by iceshack149 View Post
Which team is going to win? Who do you want to win? Oh I feel a poll comin' on.
I don't have a "second team" and I don't think anyone who is a true fan does, but if we can't represent the NFC I want them to. I have a lot of friends that are Giants fans, and have to pull for Eli since he's a homeboy. I think the Giants take it in OT.
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:30 AM   #18
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: "Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam, circumspice"
Posts: 4,241
Blog Entries: 15
Originally Posted by iceshack149 View Post
The Patriots secondary is so bad that they're using a WR as a CB.
For the sake of discussion, none of the Giants secondary made the ProBowl either, so it should balance out. I think it becomes a, "who's going to shred who's secondary the most, Brady or Manning?" debate.

What is your average NFL cornerback other then a WR who couldn't catch the ball anyway? IDK, I'm looking at the last series in the Patriots/Ravens game as an indication of how the Pats secondary can play when it's crunch time where they broke up a couple of potential game-winning passes in the redzone.

Using a WR as a cornerback is not pretty, but it's functional. When you're trying to cover Cruz, Nicks & Manningham, more then likely somebody's getting open.

Glad I don't have a dog in this fight (though I am taking the Pats), the more you look at these two teams the more you realize how remarkably close they are.

... this space intentionally left blank ...
SloMotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:45 PM   #19
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 1,520
Originally Posted by SloMotion View Post
For the sake of discussion, none of the Giants secondary made the ProBowl either, so it should balance out. I think it becomes a, "who's going to shred who's secondary the most, Brady or Manning?" debate.

What is your average NFL cornerback other then a WR who couldn't catch the ball anyway? IDK, I'm looking at the last series in the Patriots/Ravens game as an indication of how the Pats secondary can play when it's crunch time where they broke up a couple of potential game-winning passes in the redzone.

Using a WR as a cornerback is not pretty, but it's functional. When you're trying to cover Cruz, Nicks & Manningham, more then likely somebody's getting open.

Glad I don't have a dog in this fight (though I am taking the Pats), the more you look at these two teams the more you realize how remarkably close they are.
Well, to be accurate, Julian Edelman is actually a QB who was playing WR and is now playing CB.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #20
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: new jersey
Posts: 1,037
either team would have lost to N.O. but I vote GIANTS
mikesaintfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/40787-superbowl.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Superbowl This thread Refback 01-28-2012 12:05 PM 1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:44 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts