Free agency all but over, team moves on
Special on-line-only report
March 29, 2004
Free agency is all but over. Not that all that much happened.
In fact, the New Orleans Saints are the very picture of roster stability.
"This weekend marks the start of the NFL's annual spring owners meetings," says CBS Sportsline's Jay Glazer. "And that marks the unofficial end to the bulk of the free-agent feeding frenzy."
Another sign that the team is moving on: New Orleans begins its off-season speed and conditioning program today.
for the rest of this article, and more saints information, click here:
Saints free-agency datebook
Here's a look at the Saints' free agency period since March 3. New Orleans began with three restricted free agents and 11 unrestricted free agents:
- March 26: Washington matches offer sheet on FB Bryan Johnson
- March 25: Former Jacksonville G Jamar Nesbit signed to three-year contract
- March 21: RB James Fenderson signs with Atlanta for undisclosed terms
- March 18: Former Buffalo FB Sam Gash signed to one-year deal
- March 17: T Spencer Folau re-signed to three-year contract
- March 16: CB Dale Carter contract terminated
- March 10: TE Walter Rasby signs three-year deal with Washington
- March 10: RB Lamar Smith re-signed to one-year contract
- March 9: FB Terrelle Smith signs four-year deal with Cleveland
- March 9: Former St. Louis DT Brian Young signed to four-year contract
- March 8: LB Derrick Rodgers re-signed to three-year deal
- March 5: CB Fred Thomas re-signed to four-year contract
- March 4: Former Tampa Bay RB Aaron Stecker signed to four-year deal
- Feb. 27: Former Detroit WR Germaine Crowell signed to one-year contract
- Feb. 26: Restricted free agents S Steve Gleason, LB Sedrick Hodge and DT Kenny Smith offered one-year tenders
- Feb. 23: DE Darren Howard designated "franchise player
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 AM.|
Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com