New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   One reason the Brees deal is taking so long per wwl (http://blackandgold.com/saints/41623-one-reason-brees-deal-taking-so-long-per-wwl.html)

The Dude 03-01-2012 03:02 PM

One reason the Brees deal is taking so long per wwl
 
I was listening today and the sports legal expert (forget his name) said one reason the deal is taking so long is that Brees wants to keep the team intact. He is not only negotiating his deal but the deal of Colston and Nicks among others. Essentially Loomis is getting all the deals done at once based on Brees contract. He expects without a doubt for Brees to sign before Monday.

W. Kovacs 03-01-2012 03:21 PM

I can't tell you how much I hope you are right.

Drew is, literally, the reason I watch football. I almost bailed on the whole sport after the way the Steelers (my former team) handled the "situation" with their quarterback.

Drew's character not only brought me into the Saints' fold, but gave me a reason to keep watching what has always been my favorite sport. If the team falls apart because of his contract talks...disappointment won't begin to describe it....

Rugby Saint II 03-01-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dude (Post 381424)
I was listening today and the sports legal expert (forget his name) said one reason the deal is taking so long is that Brees wants to keep the team intact. He is not only negotiating his deal but the deal of Colston and Nicks among others. Essentially Loomis is getting all the deals done at once based on Brees contract. He expects without a doubt for Brees to sign before Monday.

Clutching chest.........getting dizzy........can't hold on much longer.............

FinSaint 03-01-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W. Kovacs (Post 381430)
I can't tell you how much I hope you are right.

Drew is, literally, the reason I watch football. I almost bailed on the whole sport after the way the Steelers (my former team) handled the "situation" with their quarterback.

Drew's character not only brought me into the Saints' fold, but gave me a reason to keep watching what has always been my favorite sport. If the team falls apart because of his contract talks...disappointment won't begin to describe it....


Nothing will fall apart because of one player. Brees is a great player and an admirable individual outside of the game, but losing him wouldn't change anything in regards to my feelings towards the Saints.

There will inevitably come a day when Brees will no longer be the QB of the Saints, and we will all move along and root for the next guy.

Brees is a player, but the Saints are an institution, a passion, and a way of life.

Mardigras9 03-02-2012 08:54 AM

I hope this is the case. This mirrors what we have come to believe is Drew's character.

W. Kovacs 03-02-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinSaint (Post 381447)
Nothing will fall apart because of one player. Brees is a great player and an admirable individual outside of the game, but losing him wouldn't change anything in regards to my feelings towards the Saints.

There will inevitably come a day when Brees will no longer be the QB of the Saints, and we will all move along and root for the next guy.

Brees is a player, but the Saints are an institution, a passion, and a way of life.

I should have been clearer: I didn't mean I expect the Saints would go out of business,The Dome fall down, and Gumbo wind up lying in a gutter, or anything like that.

I just meant that if we lose our VERY good chance at a championship because Drew's contract discussions prevent us from keeping our core team together...I'll be very disappointed.

I have a very high opinion of Drew. Because of the character they have each demonstrated, Drew's and Jimmy Graham's are the only jerseys I'll wear of any athlete and any sport . The prospect of this situation tarnishing that opinion kinda bums me out...a lot.

KevSears 03-02-2012 09:34 AM

The Saints may be an institution and a way of life....but we've got Drew Brees right now, and that means that we have an opportunity to be a Championship Dynasty in addition. Long story short....we dont wanna lose him!

papz 03-02-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dude (Post 381424)
I was listening today and the sports legal expert (forget his name) said one reason the deal is taking so long is that Brees wants to keep the team intact. He is not only negotiating his deal but the deal of Colston and Nicks among others. Essentially Loomis is getting all the deals done at once based on Brees contract. He expects without a doubt for Brees to sign before Monday.

This is the only rumor I believe this off season... because it's the most logical knowing the type of person Drew is. The rest is just media drummed up horse doo doo to get some news in the paper.

Luda34 03-02-2012 10:50 AM

If that's the case take your time.

Srgt. Hulka 03-02-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dude (Post 381424)
...He expects without a doubt for Brees to sign before Monday.

Is it Monday yet?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:06 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com