Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Future of the Franchise

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Jankman8 I do hope so, Iīm just sayin... I donīt want the Saints to pay Nicks elite money and spend half their franchise on two Guards. That was just a plan b) I wouldn't have a problem ...

Like Tree5Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 06:50 PM   #21
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,934
Originally Posted by Jankman8 View Post
I do hope so, Iīm just sayin...

I donīt want the Saints to pay Nicks elite money and spend half their franchise on two Guards.

That was just a plan b)

I wouldn't have a problem with them giving Nicks the same contract as Evans + 1M to cover the inflation like he stated that he wanted - if the contract was end loaded it wouldn't matter because the cap is going to rise in two years and Nicks' contract would raise the contracts for other guards around the league hurting other teams as well.
FinSaint is offline  
Latest Blogs
2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Sainity Zone 9-30-14 Hail Last Blog: 09-30-2014 By: xan


Old 03-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #22
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,441
Blog Entries: 5
Tag isn't lost until the start of FA. Then it is lost.

I like where we are right now this off season. I mean who is to say who we lose... this 'the sky is falling' attitude is just what it is. Give it a rest and watch what happens. Stop speculating already.

For every player we lose the Saints some how usually gets an equal or better player to replace them with. So sit back and enjoy the spectator sport... spectators!
Euphoria is offline  
Old 03-03-2012, 07:26 PM   #23
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,934
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
So sit back and enjoy the spectator sport... spectators!

If only we had that view-only message board...
CharityMike likes this.
FinSaint is offline  
Old 03-04-2012, 02:46 PM   #24
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: in line with my ridiculous CLEAR PLASTIC BAG
Posts: 2,768
Blog Entries: 3
Originally Posted by Byubengal

I refuse to believe that this is the start of the downfall. The Saints and us fans lived thru 42 years of worse than this. As the saying goes what does not kill you will make you stronger. I think we will get through this and surprise a few people with whatever team we put on the field. Keep the Faith and remember tomorrow is a new day.

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
Yup. And remember the Patriots and their "Spygate" year when they lost their #1 pick? 18-0 going into the Super Bowl.

Exactly my thoughts as well. And I do remember after Spygate, that was when Bellichick ran up the score on a bunch of teams, with Brady throwing bombs and running the hurry-up offense when the Patriots were up 42-7 in the 4th, pedal to the metal all the way....Bellichick was mad and sending the league a message. If this gets him mad enough, I would really look forward to seeing Payton doing some of that next year, instead of that gentlemanly running the ball and "taking a knee on the 20" thing that he does at the end of games.
SaintsBro is offline  
Old 03-04-2012, 03:15 PM   #25
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,934
Originally Posted by SaintsBro View Post
I would really look forward to seeing Payton doing some of that next year, instead of that gentlemanly running the ball and "taking a knee on the 20" thing that he does at the end of games.

And still people complain that the Saints kept running up the score all through last season whenever they had the chance to do so. Even Yasinkas said as much in the NFC South blog and called it arrogance.
FinSaint is offline  
Old 03-05-2012, 07:03 AM   #26
Deuce
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,881
Originally Posted by SaintsBro View Post
Exactly my thoughts as well. And I do remember after Spygate, that was when Bellichick ran up the score on a bunch of teams, with Brady throwing bombs and running the hurry-up offense when the Patriots were up 42-7 in the 4th, pedal to the metal all the way....Bellichick was mad and sending the league a message. If this gets him mad enough, I would really look forward to seeing Payton doing some of that next year, instead of that gentlemanly running the ball and "taking a knee on the 20" thing that he does at the end of games.
???

I think Payton was accused of piling on as recently as this year. It was this "allowing Drew to go for the record" that put Brees in the mindset that he should be "king of the mountain".

I don't think it is as monumental as people are making it to be when you consider that you had 3 or 4 QB's go over 5K last year and another just a few yards short. It is obvious that things have been changed to allow QB's to rack up more yardage and make the game more exciting...now Drew is trying to take advantage of that fact.

Whether you think you can or think you can't...you're right!

Last edited by Saint_LB; 03-05-2012 at 07:20 AM..
Saint_LB is offline  
Old 03-05-2012, 08:37 AM   #27
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Woodlands
Posts: 17,630
Blog Entries: 27
Success breeds new problems/challenges to deal with. We are not used to this yet, as the Giants and Patriots are. Consider this as Loomis' time to prove if he really as good as touted. Time will tell, of course. Tagging Brees may have been the best strategy to keep as many of our quality players as possible.

Last edited by SmashMouth; 03-05-2012 at 09:58 AM..
SmashMouth is offline  
Old 03-05-2012, 09:28 AM   #28
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Land Mass between LA and AL
Posts: 3,628
Haters gonna hate, right? May force the D shake-ups we have all been calling for.
Mardigras9 is offline  
Old 03-05-2012, 09:52 AM   #29
500th Post
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 937
Future of the franchise:

Re-sign Nicks and Colston. Restructure Smith (done), Ellis, and Vilma. Porter, Meachem, Dunbar, Franklin, and Rogers can't be retained.

Draft:
Round 2: DE/LB Whitney Mercilus
Round 3: LB Mychal Kendricks
Round 4: DL Jared Crick
Round 5: C Philip Blake
Round 6: DT Derek Wolfe
Round 6: G Desmond Wynn
Round 7: T Donald Stephenson

UD: LB Adrien Cole
UD: CB Ron Brooks
UD: WR Greg Childs

If we don't lose some of our picks.
jcp026 is offline  
Old 03-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #30
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 16,447
Originally Posted by jcp026 View Post
Future of the franchise:

Re-sign Nicks and Colston. Restructure Smith (done), Ellis, and Vilma. Porter, Meachem, Dunbar, Franklin, and Rogers can't be retained.

Draft:
Round 2: DE/LB Whitney Mercilus
Round 3: LB Mychal Kendricks
Round 4: DL Jared Crick
Round 5: C Philip Blake
Round 6: DT Derek Wolfe
Round 6: G Desmond Wynn
Round 7: T Donald Stephenson

UD: LB Adrien Cole
UD: CB Ron Brooks
UD: WR Greg Childs

If we don't lose some of our picks.
Saw this on another site, its hysterical
Saints 2012 mock draft

7th - G Desmond Wynn
Danno is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/41705-future-franchise.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Future of the Franchise This thread Refback 03-03-2012 05:30 PM 8


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:36 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts