Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Randy Moss to visit 9ers

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; The rap on him was the same when the Pats signed him before the '07 season. 23 TD catches that year. 11 in '08. 13 in '09. '10? Not so good. Who knows? I don't remember reports of him effecting ...

Like Tree7Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2012, 06:34 PM   #11
Mmm That Smell!
 
Join Date: Oct 1998
Location: Bucktown Brah!
Posts: 2,376
The rap on him was the same when the Pats signed him before the '07 season.

23 TD catches that year. 11 in '08. 13 in '09.

'10? Not so good.

Who knows? I don't remember reports of him effecting anyone else in the locker room. He usually effects only himself.

If he plays well? Great!

If not? Meh............
RockyMountainSaint is offline  
Old 03-11-2012, 07:02 PM   #12
Part Time Pimp
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,966
Originally Posted by 73Saint View Post
I don't hate him. Not one bit, I actually find him quite entertaining. He's still a locker room cancer, and he quits on plays. That ain't hating, that's paying attention.

And, I wouldn't count on him being a Saint, either.
Like I mentioned in another post, I never saw the guy quit on Warren Moon or Tom Brady. He quit on Daunte Culpepper, Aaron Brooks, & Vince Young. People forget to take that into account.
RockyMountainSaint likes this.
gandhi1007 is offline  
Old 03-11-2012, 07:31 PM   #13
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NOLA
Posts: 1,605
I could be wrong, but I seem to recall him quitting on routes in New England, when he knew he wasn't getting the ball.

Again, I'm not hating on Moss. If he ends up here, I will pull as hard for him as anyone else.
73Saint is offline  
Old 03-11-2012, 07:36 PM   #14
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NOLA
Posts: 1,605
Crazy that he played with Warren Moon. Was that in the 80's?
73Saint is offline  
Old 03-11-2012, 07:37 PM   #15
Mmm That Smell!
 
Join Date: Oct 1998
Location: Bucktown Brah!
Posts: 2,376
Originally Posted by 73Saint View Post
I could be wrong, but I seem to recall him quitting on routes in New England, when he knew he wasn't getting the ball.
After he openly admitted to playing when he wants to and giving up on routes, HE CAUGHT 23 TD PASSES IN A SINGLE SEASON!

When he has had QBs at his talent level, he has performed. With mediocre QBs, he was bored.

I don't like that about him, but the dude is the second best WR that I have ever seen play in the NFL.
RockyMountainSaint is offline  
Old 03-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #16
Part Time Pimp
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,966
Originally Posted by RockyMountainSaint View Post
When he has had QBs at his talent level, he has performed. With mediocre QBs, he was bored.

I don't like that about him, but the dude is the second best WR that I have ever seen play in the NFL.
Exactly!
gandhi1007 is offline  
Old 03-11-2012, 07:43 PM   #17
Part Time Pimp
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,966
Originally Posted by 73Saint View Post
Crazy that he played with Warren Moon. Was that in the 80's?
My bad.....that was Randall Cunningham, not Moon. Moon left Minnesota in '96 or '97. Either way.....the point was that the guy plays when he has talent at the QB level. He quits when there is a talentless QB under center.
RockyMountainSaint likes this.
gandhi1007 is offline  
Old 03-11-2012, 07:50 PM   #18
Mmm That Smell!
 
Join Date: Oct 1998
Location: Bucktown Brah!
Posts: 2,376
Originally Posted by gandhi1007 View Post
Either way.....the point was that the guy plays when he has talent at the QB level. He quits when there is a talentless QB under center.
a poopy organization with bad management can do that too........
RockyMountainSaint is offline  
Old 03-11-2012, 08:09 PM   #19
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 1,463
Constaly hearing how great Wes Welker is and how he's the best reciever only because Randy Moss is getting double teamed... yeah I'd be pissed too.

Maybe after that bad year In for the Pats, Viking then the Titan... I dunno. He might be abit more humble wanting to play for the greatest show on turf
RockyMountainSaint likes this.
Jamessr is offline  
Old 03-11-2012, 08:16 PM   #20
Part Time Pimp
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,966
Originally Posted by Jamessr View Post
Constaly hearing how great Wes Welker is and how he's the best reciever only because Randy Moss is getting double teamed... yeah I'd be pissed too.

Maybe after that bad year In for the Pats, Viking then the Titan... I dunno. He might be abit more humble wanting to play for the greatest show on turf
Besides that, the guy wants to end his career on a high note & he knows there would be no excuses with Brees as his QB. It's really a win, win situation. He's cheap, he's motivated, he's short-term, & he knows he's under the microscope.
gandhi1007 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/42035-randy-moss-visit-9ers.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Niners sign Moss - Page 45 - 49erswebzone.com Forum This thread Refback 03-13-2012 12:10 PM 1
49erswebzone.com Forum - Mobile This thread Refback 03-13-2012 06:45 AM 1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts