New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Jason Brown released (http://blackandgold.com/saints/42085-jason-brown-released.html)

jcp026 03-13-2012 07:19 AM

Jason Brown released
 
Report: Rams cutting center Jason Brown - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

He's a big, physical center and could look good between Nicks and Evans. Assuming, of course, that he doesn't cost too much and we're able to retain Nicks. Please, don't take this as a knock on DLP.

FinSaint 03-13-2012 07:25 AM

With the cap as it is, and with the Saints having had success last year with De la Puente as the center, and also with the Saints already having a center backup in Tennant - I doubt they would make a play for him.

Also, there are other teams looking for centers, so I think he might attract some suitors, which, in turn, might inflate his price.

SapperSaint 03-13-2012 07:29 AM

I like your thinking JCP. But I agree with Fin.

jcp026 03-13-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SapperSaint (Post 386439)
I like your thinking JCP. But I agree with Fin.

I like my thinking too, but I also agree with Fin. SON OF A BISCUIT!

Luda34 03-13-2012 07:51 AM

Brown would be good signing so if we can pull it off sign him.

SapperSaint 03-13-2012 08:12 AM

While I agree with signing Brown; if we get Nicks and Colston back, I would rather see that money spent on defense.

**edit**
Notice I didn't include Drew in the "If we sign".

papz 03-13-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcp026 (Post 386434)
Report: Rams cutting center Jason Brown - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

He's a big, physical center and could look good between Nicks and Evans. Assuming, of course, that he doesn't cost too much and we're able to retain Nicks. Please, don't take this as a knock on DLP.

I believe he graded out as one of the worst players at his position the past two years if I remember correctly.

FinSaint 03-13-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luda34 (Post 386452)
Brown would be good signing so if we can pull it off sign him.


He has been paid a lot of money in the past, but was short-changed by the Rams out of the most lucrative years of his former contract, so I think he might feel like he is entitled big(ish) money which the Saints can't afford right now.

jcp026 03-13-2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinSaint (Post 386463)
He has been paid a lot of money in the past, but was short-changed by the Rams out of the most lucrative years of his former contract, so I think he might feel like he is entitled big(ish) money which the Saints can't afford right now.

He can feel as entitled as he wants to, but it a'int happenin'.

FinSaint 03-13-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcp026 (Post 386465)
He can feel as entitled as he wants to, but it a'int happenin'.


The meaning behind my earlier post was that he probably won't be looking to give anybody any discounts - regardless of how much he eventually ends up getting - and, therefore, I doubt the Saints would be interested.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com