New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   So tell me about Robert Meachem... (http://blackandgold.com/saints/42134-so-tell-me-about-robert-meachem.html)

BOLTS4LIFE 03-14-2012 03:00 AM

So tell me about Robert Meachem...
 
Hey guys,

He signed a four year contract worth $25.9 million.
Would you say that's a good signing?
Think he'll be a good target for Rivers?
If you guys had the cap room, would you be happy if he resigned for the same amount?

Tell me a little about this guy. Thanks. :cool:

Crusader 03-14-2012 03:23 AM

Speedy WR with ok routes and decent hands. Has not flourished in the Saints "spread the wealth" offence. Would not be worth the money for the Saints but might be for the Chargers, especially since jackson is leaving.

BOLTS4LIFE 03-14-2012 04:13 AM

Oh... 14M guaranteed.

FinSaint 03-14-2012 05:07 AM

The Saints have Henderson, who pretty much has the same skill-set as Meachem, so it wouldn't have been a smart business decision to re-sign him for that money even if they had had the cap for it.

A lot of potential, but it never really came together for him with the Saints, but it could with the Bolts.

dizzle88 03-14-2012 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinSaint (Post 387075)
The Saints have Henderson, who pretty much has the same skill-set as Meachem, so it wouldn't have been a smart business decision to re-sign him for that money even if they had had the cap for it.

A lot of potential, but it never really came together for him with the Saints, but it could with the Bolts.

Yeah the last bit is exactly right, a lot of potential but never really came together for our team. We will end up picking up a late 7th rounder or undrafted guy and they will take meachems role, although devery has quite a bigger role now meachem is gone

We all know how much luck we have with undrafted/7th rounders compared
To 1st rounders

We don't seem to have luck with 1st round picks

Crusader 03-14-2012 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzle88 (Post 387076)
We don't seem to have luck with 1st round picks

I wouldn't say that, we had 5 1st round Picks starting on defence this year.

TheOak 03-14-2012 06:35 AM

He has from time to time been affectionately known as Meatchump... He can get the dropsies... and does not fight for the ball. It has to be in his hands in stride.

Your concern should be the combo of Meachem and Rivers..... Meachem is a speed long ball receiver.... I have seen Rivers accuracy decline in the last year and he could be throwing interceptions trying to get it to Meachem.

Beastmode 03-14-2012 06:55 AM

Fast, ok hands, has dropped some easy ones but has also made big plays. If targeted more, I could see hime getting over 1,000 yards.

papz 03-14-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOLTS4LIFE (Post 387062)
Hey guys,

He signed a four year contract worth $25.9 million.
Would you say that's a good signing?
Think he'll be a good target for Rivers?
If you guys had the cap room, would you be happy if he resigned for the same amount?

Tell me a little about this guy. Thanks. :cool:

Good player, excellent blocker, vertical threat that should fit well in that offense. That said, I would have never thought about signing him for that type of money here... even if Colston left us. They did have to outbid Buffalo which is why they had to overpay.

SapperSaint 03-14-2012 08:26 AM

I agree with what the other guys have said. Y'all should be happy with him. I think he is going to be a good addition to the Bolts.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com