Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Tampa Signs Nicks

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Nice... yet another now valuable compensatory pick... how many more can we get? Another from tracy porter perhaps?...

Like Tree23Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 10:27 AM   #31
Threaded by SmashMouth
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Woodlands
Posts: 17,453

Blog Entries: 27
Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

Nice... yet another now valuable compensatory pick... how many more can we get? Another from tracy porter perhaps?
Views: 2819
Latest Blogs
The ArtiChoke Last Blog: 09-18-2014 By: Barry from MS


How to really handle Ray Rice and AP Last Blog: 09-17-2014 By: neugey


The Lost Art of the Trade Last Blog: 08-30-2014 By: jeanpierre


Old 03-14-2012, 10:27 AM   #32
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 919
Nobody thought very highly or Evans or Nicks. We are good at bringing in late round players and coaching them up to play at a high level. I'd like to see Bushrod at LG and Brown at LT. 31 mil guarantted for a guard is REDICULOUS. Sign Drew and get to work on the D.
Papa Voodoo is offline  
Old 03-14-2012, 10:28 AM   #33
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lafayette
Posts: 3,674
Originally Posted by LivnaLieTimay View Post
I never blame football players leaving for the money. TB was way under the cap and there was no way we could of given him that kind of money with our cap situation. I wish him the best except for the 2 times he plays us each year. Time to move on and sign Grubbs and use the extra money on defense.
i'm sure that money 's going to drews pool. LLT
st thomas is offline  
Old 03-14-2012, 10:29 AM   #34
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 919
Drew has A LOT to do with why these linemen look so good. 1.5 second release and very nifty feet in the pocket.
Papa Voodoo is offline  
Old 03-14-2012, 10:33 AM   #35
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,915
Originally Posted by Papa Voodoo View Post
Nobody thought very highly or Evans or Nicks. We are good at bringing in late round players and coaching them up to play at a high level. I'd like to see Bushrod at LG and Brown at LT. 31 mil guarantted for a guard is REDICULOUS. Sign Drew and get to work on the D.

Bushrod wouldn't be effective as a guard, and Brown wouldn't stay healthy long enough to make a difference.
FinSaint is offline  
Old 03-14-2012, 10:39 AM   #36
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 724
Blog Entries: 1
Pay Day for him. Guess money does trump all. Big names & big bucks do not always = wins.
NOLA54 is offline  
Old 03-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #37
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 516
The one good thing about this signing is that TB probably can't get Mario Williams. I was nervous that with all their cap space this was the guy they were going to target all along. They were last in the league in sacks and he seemed to make sense for them. I did not want to face Williams twice a year but this signing along with the Vincent Jackson signing most likely takes them out of the Williams sweepstakes. Don't get me wrong, Nicks is a great signing for them but signing Williams would have made me much more nervous given their needs.
LivnaLieTimay is offline  
Old 03-14-2012, 10:41 AM   #38
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,083
Blog Entries: 5
Originally Posted by Papa Voodoo View Post
Drew has A LOT to do with why these linemen look so good. 1.5 second release and very nifty feet in the pocket.
I couldn't agree more. I'm not slacking on Nicks, because he is excellent with no question. It's not even up for debate...

...however...

Drew makes these guys look even better. I'm happy for Nicks to be sure, but Tampa over payed.
Papa Voodoo likes this.
saintfan is offline  
Old 03-14-2012, 10:42 AM   #39
100th Post
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 423
Tampa is really trying to buy their way out of sucking this off season. Too bad for them their suckage is innate and won't ever be changed.

I will miss Nicks. After some years on Tampa, he will likely be missed by most of the NFL.
onebyone is offline  
Old 03-14-2012, 10:47 AM   #40
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,915
Originally Posted by LivnaLieTimay View Post
The one good thing about this signing is that TB probably can't get Mario Williams. I was nervous that with all their cap space this was the guy they were going to target all along. They were last in the league in sacks and he seemed to make sense for them. I did not want to face Williams twice a year but this signing along with the Vincent Jackson signing most likely takes them out of the Williams sweepstakes. Don't get me wrong, Nicks is a great signing for them but signing Williams would have made me much more nervous given their needs.

That's one way to look at it, but from another stand point it would've been nice to see them give Williams a +$100M contract and get the same type of production the Texans got out of him this past season - him missing 3/4 of the season with an injury.
FinSaint is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts