Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Tampa Signs Nicks

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; All I can say is phuk!...

Like Tree23Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 10:57 AM   #41
Threaded by Rugby Saint II
Bounty Money $$$
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 10,994

Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

All I can say is phuk!
Views: 2610
Old 03-14-2012, 11:00 AM   #42
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 478
Fin, I'm assuming he is going to be healthy. Obviously losing the best guard in the NFL to a division rival hurts but I thought TB had bigger needs. In the NFL, you can never have a good enough offensive line but if given a choice between Williams or Nicks, I think Williams would have been better for them (assuming he's healthy).
LivnaLieTimay is offline  
Old 03-14-2012, 11:06 AM   #43
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Black Pearl University
Posts: 798
Originally Posted by LivnaLieTimay View Post
Fin, I'm assuming he is going to be healthy. Obviously losing the best guard in the NFL to a division rival hurts but I thought TB had bigger needs. In the NFL, you can never have a good enough offensive line but if given a choice between Williams or Nicks, I think Williams would have been better for them (assuming he's healthy).
Yeah, now Josh Freeman will stand upright for 2 more seconds before throwing a stupid interception.
alexonfyre is offline  
Old 03-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #44
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,899
Originally Posted by LivnaLieTimay View Post
Fin, I'm assuming he is going to be healthy. Obviously losing the best guard in the NFL to a division rival hurts but I thought TB had bigger needs. In the NFL, you can never have a good enough offensive line but if given a choice between Williams or Nicks, I think Williams would have been better for them (assuming he's healthy).

Yeah, I get you, but I was merely bringing up another perspective to the whole point.

Their O-line was already good without Nicks and now it'll probably be very good/great - they must've thought that they needed more protection for Freeman. Also, they were able to weaken a divisional rival and maybe gain some inside knowledge of the Saints' offensive schemes.

I think they'll also make a play for Lofton to give the proverbial "middle finger" to the Failclowns as well.
FinSaint is offline  
Old 03-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #45
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 478
Originally Posted by alexonfyre View Post
Yeah, now Josh Freeman will stand upright for 2 more seconds before throwing a stupid interception.
I agree, most of Freeman's best plays are improv plays where he scrambles around. When he has time to think he tends to make mistakes. I think Nicks is going to do more for their running game than Freeman.
LivnaLieTimay is offline  
Old 03-14-2012, 11:17 AM   #46
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston Tx
Posts: 1,219
My worst fears has come true the Tampa Bay Bucs just got scary with there free agent signing. I knew they would be a problem down the line I just didn't think it would be this soon.
Luda34 is offline  
Old 03-14-2012, 11:18 AM   #47
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,899
Originally Posted by LivnaLieTimay View Post
I agree, most of Freeman's best plays are improv plays where he scrambles around. When he has time to think he tends to make mistakes. I think Nicks is going to do more for their running game than Freeman.

That's true, Nicks is/was a really good run blocker. Luckily I've read evaluations which state that run blocking is also Grubbs' biggest strength and that he might be even better than Nicks at that particular area.
FinSaint is offline  
Old 03-14-2012, 11:20 AM   #48
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 478
Originally Posted by FinSaint View Post
Yeah, I get you, but I was merely bringing up another perspective to the whole point.

Their O-line was already good without Nicks and now it'll probably be very good/great - they must've thought that they needed more protection for Freeman. Also, they were able to weaken a divisional rival and maybe gain some inside knowledge of the Saints' offensive schemes.

I think they'll also make a play for Lofton to give the proverbial "middle finger" to the Failclowns as well.
Fin, you're completely right. I'm just trying to paint a picture that things aren't as bad as they may seem with this signing (keeping it positive). It still hurts and TB is definitely improving (while hurting division rivals), but we'll be OK. The Saints management has a good eye for quality offensive linemen and I know they'll find a quality replacement for Nicks.
LivnaLieTimay is offline  
Old 03-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #49
500th Post
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 711
We will sign Ben Grubbs and that will help us get over this. It time for us to move on.
TheEnigma is offline  
Old 03-14-2012, 12:17 PM   #50
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 18,124
Thanks Carl Good over there.
NFL.com news: Buccaneers, Nicks agree to 5-year, $47.5M contract
QBREES9 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts