New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Why I'm not as worried as some... (http://blackandgold.com/saints/42616-why-im-not-worried-some.html)

jlouhill 03-25-2012 10:11 AM

Why I'm not as worried as some...
 
One of the first things that came to mind after calming down from the utter abuse of power exhibited by Goodell has kept me from being overly concernced about our season being lost. When you have people in high positions who are enormously successful they enjoy that success not only because of their intellect, talent and intuition. They are that way because they surround themselves with great talent and very smart people. They tend to hire people who can essentially take their jobs. Payton and Loomis are no different. I think they have people around them who are more than capable of taking over. Are there going to be bumps along the way? Absolutely. Are there going to be times when decisions have to be made that only Payton or Loomis could make? Sure. But I think they have people in place who will rally together, take the ball and run with it. I just hope that we run and pass the ball down the throats of everone standing in our path this season.
Am I concerned? Yes. Have I given up on the season? HELL NO!!!! Payton and Loomis have made sure of that. :bng:

alleycat_126 03-25-2012 10:36 AM

Payton, in effect has been cleaning his tarnished image, but Loomis has been doing work, his usual signing Chamberlain, and Lofton, Grubbs, Bunkley and the resigning of Colston. This has been a solid offseason, dispite scandal. You must give Loomis, Payton and the organization credit, they have accepted the challenge of Goodell head on!!!

jlouhill 03-25-2012 10:55 AM

You're right cat. It seems to be business as usual. Payton and Loomis are going to make sure everything and everyone are in place in their absence. Goodell can take a long walk off a short pier. We're gong to be just fine.

Euphoria 03-25-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlouhill (Post 392199)
One of the first things that came to mind after calming down from the utter abuse of power exhibited by Goodell has kept me from being overly concernced about our season being lost. When you have people in high positions who are enormously successful they enjoy that success not only because of their intellect, talent and intuition. They are that way because they surround themselves with great talent and very smart people. They tend to hire people who can essentially take their jobs. Payton and Loomis are no different. I think they have people around them who are more than capable of taking over. Are there going to be bumps along the way? Absolutely. Are there going to be times when decisions have to be made that only Payton or Loomis could make? Sure. But I think they have people in place who will rally together, take the ball and run with it. I just hope that we run and pass the ball down the throats of everone standing in our path this season.
Am I concerned? Yes. Have I given up on the season? HELL NO!!!! Payton and Loomis have made sure of that. :bng:

The tittle of the post you said you're not concerned but in the write up... you say you are concerned... my brain hurts.

jlouhill 03-25-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euphoria (Post 392211)
The tittle of the post you said you're not concerned but in the write up... you say you are concerned... my brain hurts.

Sorry Euph. I didn't realize I had done that. My brain hadn't woke up yet when I wrote it. Hadn't quite made it through that first POT of coffee yet. :help:

foreverfan 03-25-2012 12:46 PM

Sad to say that I look for the real punishment to come from the refs during the season.

The only real question I have is how long should I keep my avatar?

HouYat 03-25-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverfan (Post 392238)
?..

The only real question I have is how long should I keep my avatar?

How about until Feb 4, 2013??

saintsflow 03-25-2012 02:22 PM

We will be fine we have the most deep organization in the league.

Rugby Saint II 03-25-2012 10:35 PM

We do have good depth. We do have good coaches. We don't have bigger problems. We will be fine.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com