Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

G. Williams Audio - Wow...

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; [quote=ChrisXVI;395421] Originally Posted by ratchoke99 So there isn't enough evidence yet but you say he WAS indeed paying players and that it's been proven by the NFL??? Contradiction. Every team's defense has cash incentives for making big plays, but you're ...

Like Tree54Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2012, 05:02 PM   #51
Threaded by ratchoke99
Rookie
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 12

Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

[quote=ChrisXVI;395421]
Originally Posted by ratchoke99 View Post

So there isn't enough evidence yet but you say he WAS indeed paying players and that it's been proven by the NFL??? Contradiction. Every team's defense has cash incentives for making big plays, but you're implying that Saints players DID commit personal fouls that injured other players and received money for it. I'm just asking who?
I am talking about EVIDENCE given to the PUBLIC, because you asked me to name someone. Goodell has already said THEY have credible evidence of players and payouts. So be patient, and we can come back to that topic another time if you really want to. But I don't think you'll like the outcome.
Views: 6268
Reply With Quote
Latest Blogs
Is this Manning's last Hurrah? Last Blog: 04-16-2014 By: SmashMouth


Landry over Beckham Jr. Last Blog: 04-12-2014 By: joker-saint


Saints Free Agency 2014 Last Blog: 03-11-2014 By: SmashMouth


Old 04-05-2012, 05:06 PM   #52
Site Donor
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 10,850
Blog Entries: 43
Originally Posted by ratchoke99 View Post
There isn't enough evidence for that as of yet. But to also ignore the fact that GW WAS indeed paying people to inflict injuries, is pretty naive to think no one received that money......

It has been proven and stated by the NFL that they were paying players to inflict serious injuries to other players. The NFL holds NO obligation to release WHO received that money as of yet, especially since no player punishments have been handed out 'yet'.

And please, don't try to misinterpret my post as gloating, or wishing harm to the franchise. I'm simply trying to bring to the attention to the NO fan-base, that trying to defend the acts that GW has been accused and proven of doing, is just ignorant and classless.
I don't know of hardly any Saints fans defending Gregg Williams. In fact Gregg Williams and the Saints parted ways this offseason. Gregg Williams is not welcome in New Orleans.

My question is - if Gregg Williams is the culprit and he was banned indefinitely from the NFL (will eventually be reinstated), then why is Sean Payton's name being drug through the mud daily and hourly?

Because it happened while he was head coach?
Did Sean Payton knowingly allow it?
Did Sean Payton give the order to do it? I dunno, I hear Gregg Williams was the culprit.

So far 3 punishments were handed down:

1) The Saints lose their head coach for a season and GM for half the season

2) The Rams lose their Defensive Coordinator - Gregg Williams

3) Gregg Williams who was banned indefinitely from the NFL. Can go Coach in College, the CFL or anywhere he wants to.

No ONE has EVER PUT A MIC in his face or called him out.


Why don't you go find Gregg Williams and ask him?
Where is the ire for Gregg Williams?

Don't blame Saints fans, we just don't think it's fair our Head Coach was suspended for an entire seasons WITHOUT CONCRETE EVIDENCE HE WAS DIRECTLY INVOLVED WITH THE MATTER!!
SloMotion likes this.

Like blackandgold.com on facebook follow us on Twitter
Halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:09 PM   #53
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 478
Originally Posted by ratchoke99 View Post
Im actually a niner faithful. Nice try though, in tryin to make it seem like i have some personal vendetta because your team won.

The personal attacks truly help prove my point.

This isnt about whether or not other teams supposedly do the same thing. Or whether or not someone did get injured.

Its about GW being such a subpar human being. That he actually paid someone to intentionally inflict serious injuries to another human being. They could have ended someones career.

I'm also saying to not support your team, but what i am saying is that to try to sugar coat the situation or point fingers like its some world wide accepted culture is just sad.

You make yourselves look stupid trying to defend that notion. Ironically it was saints fans trying to claim niner fans as unclassy not too long ago.
Wow, you're sensitive. How were you expecting people to respond to your comments? You came on here and criticized our team and players. This is a Saints board so naturally we're going to defend our team. You're trying to act all righteous meanwhile you call us stupid. If this was happening to your team I'm sure your board would be doing the same thing.

Look, I agree that GW sucks and some of things he said weren't right. I'm assuming you watched the game, did you see the Saints do anything dirty on defense that day? I sure didn't. Just because the coach says a bunch of stupid things doesn't mean the players are going to do it.

If you actually read around on this board you'd find that a lot of us aren't defending GW and are glad he's gone. We're not going to let you come on our board and throw our whole team and fan base under the bus because of GW.
breesfan27 likes this.
LivnaLieTimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:13 PM   #54
Site Donor
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 10,850
Blog Entries: 43
Originally Posted by ratchoke99 View Post
Lets not bring up old arguments though. Lets stay on topic and talk about the Mob boss of a defensive coordinator you have ok?
You do realize Gregg Williams is NOT our defensive coordinator right?

GW was let go at the end of the season, BEFORE BOUNTYGATE, and Steve Spagnolo is our defensive coordinator.
Halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:24 PM   #55
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 12
Originally Posted by LivnaLieTimay View Post
Wow, you're sensitive. How were you expecting people to respond to your comments? You came on here and criticized our team and players. This is a Saints board so naturally we're going to defend our team. You're trying to act all righteous meanwhile you call us stupid. If this was happening to your team I'm sure your board would be doing the same thing.

Look, I agree that GW sucks and some of things he said weren't right. I'm assuming you watched the game, did you see the Saints do anything dirty on defense that day? I sure didn't. Just because the coach says a bunch of stupid things doesn't mean the players are going to do it.

If you actually read around on this board you'd find that a lot of us aren't defending GW and are glad he's gone. We're not going to let you come on our board and throw our whole team and fan base under the bus because of GW.
I don't want to get into some kind of mudslinging contest here. But please go back and actually read what I wrote.

1) I made no mention of any specific player, the evidence of the ones who did participate have yet to officially been revealed. Although, many speculate Vilma is high on the list.

2) I never said EVERY fan is stupid. I stated very specifically that anyone who IS trying to defend the fact that there were bounties that were given out to injure another player is dumb.

I'm not trying to debate whether or not these fines and or punishments are just cause. I'm trying to bring to light, to the many who believe that this is football, it's rough, they need to man up, and others do it. And so by some odd form of justification, they shouldn't be punished, this wasn't as bad as it sounds, and people need to 'man' up.

P.S. not sensitive, I have no personal relations with any of the players or FO involved. I'm actually just trying to get a better understanding of the minds of the fans who are obviously effected by this. I'm actually having a pretty good laugh.
ratchoke99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:31 PM   #56
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 1,303
[quote=ratchoke99;395422]
Originally Posted by ChrisXVI View Post

I am talking about EVIDENCE given to the PUBLIC, because you asked me to name someone. Goodell has already said THEY have credible evidence of players and payouts. So be patient, and we can come back to that topic another time if you really want to. But I don't think you'll like the outcome.
They have evidence of players paying in money... but the evidence of it actually coming to fruition was seen every Sunday on the field. NO Saints player had a personal foul penalty that knocked an opposing player out of the game. You seem to be confusing the idea with it actually happening on the field. If any Saints player gets punished it will be for contributing money to the fund, not for actually "intentionally injuring" anybody as you state has been proven somehow. Watch the actual games.
ChrisXVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:32 PM   #57
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Land Mass between LA and AL
Posts: 3,351
Did anyone see Darren Woodson on SC today? He said this is common verbage in a defensive team meeting. He agreed with 95% of GW said until he started talking about taking out Crabtree's ACL, he said then he crossed the line. But as bad as the audio sounded, Woodson said 95% of that speech was normal. Any defense would "test" opposing players who have known injuries.
Mardigras9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #58
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 12
Originally Posted by Mardigras9 View Post
Did anyone see Darren Woodson on SC today? He said this is common verbage in a defensive team meeting. He agreed with 95% of GW said until he started talking about taking out Crabtree's ACL, he said then he crossed the line. But as bad as the audio sounded, Woodson said 95% of that speech was normal. Any defense would "test" opposing players who have known injuries.
I agree, most of that speech was normal. I even stated the head hitting is probably misheard and is just a metaphor, and that's coming from someone who has 3 different Frank Gore jerseys.
ratchoke99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #59
Mmm That Smell!
 
Join Date: Oct 1998
Location: Bucktown Brah!
Posts: 2,365
Originally Posted by ratchoke99 View Post
Cops: Saints fan shoots two 49ers fans after loss - CBS News

Cool story bro... I could play that game all day. And read the article, it stats FANS, not ONLY Niner fans.

Furthermore, the battle of the bay is not accurately or ever will be accurately reported on. That shooting was between two Raider fans and was GANG related. Not SPORTS related.

Lets not bring up old arguments though. Lets stay on topic and talk about the Mob boss of a defensive coordinator you have ok?
I have a better idea.

Bye
RockyMountainSaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:37 PM   #60
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 478
Originally Posted by ratchoke99 View Post
I don't want to get into some kind of mudslinging contest here. But please go back and actually read what I wrote.

1) I made no mention of any specific player, the evidence of the ones who did participate have yet to officially been revealed. Although, many speculate Vilma is high on the list.

2) I never said EVERY fan is stupid. I stated very specifically that anyone who IS trying to defend the fact that there were bounties that were given out to injure another player is dumb.

I'm not trying to debate whether or not these fines and or punishments are just cause. I'm trying to bring to light, to the many who believe that this is football, it's rough, they need to man up, and others do it. And so by some odd form of justification, they shouldn't be punished, this wasn't as bad as it sounds, and people need to 'man' up.

P.S. not sensitive, I have no personal relations with any of the players or FO involved. I'm actually just trying to get a better understanding of the minds of the fans who are obviously effected by this. I'm actually having a pretty good laugh.
The reason so many people on this board are passing it off as this being part of the NFL culture is because that's what many former players have said. Honestly, I don't like these bounty systems but it's not like GW made up this bounty stuff overnight. Whether other teams did it or not is insignificant, you don't try to hurt another player. I can only speak for myself but I don't condone anyone injuring another player on purpose. People on this board defend the Saints because past players all say this stuff has been happening for a while. We're defending our team because many are making us out to be these bad guys who are the only ones to ever have a bounty system in place.
LivnaLieTimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
audio, bountygate, gregg williams

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/42940-g-williams-audio-wow.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Greg Williams Speech before the 49ers game - Page 10 - New England Patriots Forums - PatsFans.com Patriots Fan Messageboard This thread Refback 04-06-2012 12:32 AM 23
Chicago Bears Message Boards - Saints forums on G.Williams audio makes me sick... This thread Refback 04-05-2012 04:10 PM 58
Gregg Williams targeted Niners - Page 34 - 49ers Message Board Community This thread Refback 04-05-2012 02:53 PM 1
Gregg Williams targeted Niners - Page 34 - 49ers Message Board Community This thread Refback 04-05-2012 02:47 PM 61
G. Williams Audio - Wow... This thread Refback 04-05-2012 09:28 AM 2


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts