New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Conspiracy Theory... (http://blackandgold.com/saints/43090-conspiracy-theory.html)

saintfan 04-10-2012 07:13 PM

Conspiracy Theory...
 
So, Drew and Sean knew this was coming so Drew purposefully doesn't sign the contract OR the Tag. This way he's not technically an employee of the Saints. This was he can interact with Sean and the NFL can go to hell.

Brees signs as late as possible giving him added time to work with Sean to finish the plan to demolish the NFC South and the NFL...

I know, I know, but hey, I'm bored...

B005TED 04-10-2012 08:49 PM

LMAO, hey at this point in time what the hell sounds good to me.

LBCutta 04-10-2012 08:51 PM

lol nice try but I dont think Judge and Jury Goodell will buy that one

saintfan 04-10-2012 11:01 PM

It's just crazy enough to be true.

:stupid:

Rugby Saint II 04-10-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saintfan (Post 396597)
So, Drew and Sean knew this was coming so Drew purposefully doesn't sign the contract OR the Tag. This way he's not technically an employee of the Saints. This was he can interact with Sean and the NFL can go to hell.

Brees signs as late as possible giving him added time to work with Sean to finish the plan to demolish the NFC South and the NFL...

I know, I know, but hey, I'm bored...

Boredom is bad.......
What is the old saying about idle hands?

Tobias-Reiper 04-10-2012 11:42 PM

.. well, I have my own conspiracy theory about this whole "bountygate" thing, in that the NFL picked the Saints to be the scapegoats in cahoots with the Saints and the Rams organizations.

My rationale is, everyone in the NFL, from Goddell to the waterboys, must know about cash payments under the table, players wanting to knock other players out, is nothing new: it's been going on since football became football. Now, after the 2009 Senate hearings on concussions and player safety, the ex-player lawsuits, the cries about the beating Farve took, and Gregg Williams' big mouth, what better team is out there than the Saints which the NFL FO can use as scapegoat in putting a show of enforcing player safety by severely punishing the team, yet without severely crippling the team's competitiveness?

The Saints have the best offense the last 6 years running, the defense has been half-decent one. Sure Payton is not going to be there with the suspension, but last year things ran smoothly without Payton on the sidelines, and the playbook is surely not going to change that much at this point. So maybe without Payton the Saints drop from #1 most awesome offense ever to #5 without Payton on the sidelines. The defense, on the other hand, was just about to go through an overhaul anyway because it was actually pretty bad, so even suspending a few players was not going to cause a major drop in defensive performance.

As for the Rams, GW didn't even have a chance to step inside the Rams facilities, it is early, they have a new coach, going through a transition, where doormats last year, etc, so while they get inconvenienced in that they need to find another DC, it really doesn't hurt them.

And obviously, the catalyst here is money: it'd only take a closed-door meeting among the owners and Goddell to figure out "we do this now, the Saints and Rams get inconvenienced this year, but we save billions on lawsuit payouts later".

SmashMouth 04-10-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saintfan (Post 396668)
It's just crazy enough to be true.

:stupid:

Tell me what kind of food you're injesting so I can make sure I stay away from it next week when I visit San Francisco! LOL!

saintfan 04-10-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmashMouth (Post 396683)
Tell me what kind of food you're injesting so I can make sure I stay away from it next week when I visit San Francisco! LOL!

Well I'd say we should find a bar and drink a beer or three but I'll be in Vegas. As for the food, maybe I got hold of some bad sushi? I still think my theory is true. What was that movie ? Conspiracy Theory? I'm telling you all I think I'm onto it! Drew isn't signing until Sean is officially suspended...by design...

As my grandma used to say, and strangely today is her birthday, "Hide and Watch"...

:couch:

SmashMouth 04-11-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saintfan (Post 396684)
Well I'd say we should find a bar and drink a beer or three but I'll be in Vegas. As for the food, maybe I got hold of some bad sushi? I still think my theory is true. What was that movie ? Conspiracy Theory? I'm telling you all I think I'm onto it! Drew isn't signing until Sean is officially suspended...by design...

As my grandma used to say, and strangely today is her birthday, "Hide and Watch"...

:couch:

Well, it's a business trip for me. Not sure how much time I can devote to beer this time around. Perhaps on a subsequent visit. I'll try to sneak in an Anchor Steam nevertheless! :-):mrgreen:

QBREES9 04-11-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saintfan (Post 396597)
So, Drew and Sean knew this was coming so Drew purposefully doesn't sign the contract OR the Tag. This way he's not technically an employee of the Saints. This was he can interact with Sean and the NFL can go to hell.

Brees signs as late as possible giving him added time to work with Sean to finish the plan to demolish the NFC South and the NFL...

I know, I know, but hey, I'm bored...


LOL :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com