Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Brees "close" to signing long-term deal.

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Brandon428 I think he’ll be signed to a fair deal by next weekend. We need to find a TE and WR to give Brees more weapons. What about Graham? What about Colston? We've been so loaded that ...

Like Tree20Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #11
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 12,095
Blog Entries: 44
Originally Posted by Brandon428 View Post
I think he’ll be signed to a fair deal by next weekend. We need to find a TE and WR to give Brees more weapons.
What about Graham? What about Colston? We've been so loaded that losing a few WR's didn't make much of a dent.
spkb25 likes this.
Halo is offline  
Latest Blogs
REFUND Last Blog: 12-07-2014 By: xan




Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


Old 04-13-2012, 05:44 PM   #12
Part Time Pimp
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,966
Meachem was not much of a loss. We have everyone else back. Why do we need to find a WR or TE when we are already solid there? Was it a typo for DT or DE???
spkb25 likes this.
gandhi1007 is offline  
Old 04-13-2012, 05:45 PM   #13
Retired
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 10,629
A source tells the New Orleans Times-Picayune that unsigned franchise player Drew Brees is "very upset" he won't be able to attend the Saints' offseason program beginning on Monday.

With all due respect to Brees, he could attend if he really wanted by signing his one-year franchise tender. "It is very upsetting to him not being there Monday," the source said. "He wants to be there for his teammates." The Times-Picayune confirms that contract talks "have been practically nonexistent" between Brees and the Saints over the past few weeks.

Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune
ScottF likes this.
papz is offline  
Old 04-13-2012, 05:51 PM   #14
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Wherever I lay my hat
Posts: 3,165
Why on earth would he sign, knowing that B&G MUDBUGS III is on April 21st?
foreverfan, skymike and SloMotion like this.
UK_WhoDat is offline  
Old 04-13-2012, 07:03 PM   #15
Who Dat Writer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 241
Originally Posted by papz View Post
A source tells the New Orleans Times-Picayune that unsigned franchise player Drew Brees is "very upset" he won't be able to attend the Saints' offseason program beginning on Monday.

With all due respect to Brees, he could attend if he really wanted by signing his one-year franchise tender. "It is very upsetting to him not being there Monday," the source said. "He wants to be there for his teammates." The Times-Picayune confirms that contract talks "have been practically nonexistent" between Brees and the Saints over the past few weeks.

Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune
That's all included in my piece also, including them as the source for him not attending. Thanks, Pap.
BGWhoDat is offline  
Old 04-13-2012, 07:09 PM   #16
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 8,133
I'm already so sick of this offseason and the draft hasn't even got here yet.
The preseason needs to hurry up and start!
|Mitch| is online now  
Old 04-13-2012, 08:02 PM   #17
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 3,988
ESPN keeps reporting how involved Benson is-- pretty busy guy these days. Can't recall last time he was mentioned in contract negotiations
ScottF is offline  
Old 04-13-2012, 08:11 PM   #18
Im BACK!!!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Barrio, H-town
Posts: 4,912
Originally Posted by ScottF View Post
ESPN keeps reporting how involved Benson is-- pretty busy guy these days. Can't recall last time he was mentioned in contract negotiations
exactly. i thought the same thing... this is a special situation, requiring super special attention.
Originally Posted by UK_WhoDat View Post
Why on earth would he sign, knowing that B&G MUDBUGS III is on April 21st?
you nailed it! Drew Brees, in case you didnt get my invite, you are invited. B&G MudBugs III - hosted by the Hou-Dats/Houston / SE TX Chapter of WhoDat Nation @ Skymikes dangerous* but awesome swamphouse, on Old River, TX. (see thread)

*if you are afraid of guns, fire, gators, snakes, mosquitos, heat, gas guzzling trucks, backwoods people, unhealthy food, or anything southern, this party is not for you.
UK_WhoDat likes this.
skymike is offline  
Old 04-13-2012, 08:27 PM   #19
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,162
Im gonna lose a lot of respect for him if he doesn't show up. plain and simple. I'll support him when he gets back, but I think I'll look at him a little differently from here on out
spkb25 is offline  
Old 04-13-2012, 08:43 PM   #20
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 6,272
Blog Entries: 4
Benson to Brees: "Say Drew, can you play point guard too??"
W. Kovacs likes this.
saintsfan1976 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts