New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   NFL.com reporter says Jon Vilma bracing for 2-6 game suspension (http://blackandgold.com/saints/43224-nfl-com-reporter-says-jon-vilma-bracing-2-6-game-suspension.html)

WhoDat!656 04-16-2012 10:46 AM

NFL.com reporter says Jon Vilma bracing for 2-6 game suspension
 
nfl.com Jonathan Vilma is bracing for a suspension between two to eight games, according to sources who have been in contact with the New Orleans Saints linebacker. Vilma, his representatives and the NFL Players Association are unsure of exactly what discipline will be handed down at this point, but with Vilma the only player named in information released to the public, the player expects the discipline to be at least a few games, sources said.

NFL.com news: Jonathan Vilma expecting heavy 'bounty'-related suspension

SaintsBro 04-16-2012 11:14 AM

Well from what I heard, that's what Payton thought he was getting before his suspension came down, so I get the feeling that Vilma is going to be out of football for a long, long time. I think it's going to be no less than a year if not indefinite.

|Mitch| 04-16-2012 11:16 AM

I don't think the NFLPA will let that happen, besides they have to see some evidence first and the NFL won't give it up...

AsylumGuido 04-16-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Mitch| (Post 397865)
I don't think the NFLPA will let that happen, besides they have to see some evidence first and the NFL won't give it up...

It's hard to give something up that you don't have.

FinSaint 04-16-2012 12:18 PM

This sounds positive. I'd be happy with him getting 2 to 6 games if they have some evidence of his guilt, but I'd naturally prefer none of the players to be suspended.

BGWhoDat 04-16-2012 12:29 PM

Payton thought the same thing, look where that got him.

Not to be a downer - but Vilma put up 10k, made a target. Just as guilty as Williams.

FinSaint 04-16-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BGWhoDat (Post 397882)
Payton thought the same thing, look where that got him.

Not to be a downer - but Vilma put up 10k, made a target. Just as guilty as Williams.


I don't know about that, since it was GW who instituted this practice in the scale it was, and administered the whole thing.

I just wonder if they actually have evidence about the 10K or if it's all just circumstantial and hear-say.

BGWhoDat 04-16-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinSaint (Post 397891)
I don't know about that, since it was GW who instituted this practice in the scale it was, and administered the whole thing.

I just wonder if they actually have evidence about the 10K or if it's all just circumstantial and hear-say.

Well, of course they'd need to prove that he actually did it. I agree there. I'm just thinking in Goodell's eyes, Williams and Vilma go hand to hand if Vilma did that. Can't see anything under a season suspension for him. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But if I'm the Commissioner and if I'm following logic of it - Vilma is promoting the same act by doing this that Williams was promoting. Therefore a year suspension is in tact.

Just my thinking.

FinSaint 04-16-2012 12:50 PM

Although, Vilma is himself part of the group this type of a practice harms the most - the players themselves. But in case of GW, he was a staff member who should've had more sense than to promote this type of activity.

I just think that Goodell will have a fight on his hands with the NFLPA if he hands out year-long suspensions, because those will serve as precedents, which the players' association surely doesn't want.

BGWhoDat 04-16-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinSaint (Post 397900)
Although, Vilma is himself part of the group this type of a practice harms the most - the players themselves. But in case of GW, he was a staff member who should've had more sense than to promote this type of activity.

I just think that Goodell will have a fight on his hands with the NFLPA if he hands out year-long suspensions, because those will serve as precedents, which the players' association surely doesn't want.

Anything he hands out will definitely be appealed. I don't know. I try not to predict the outcome of these things because Goodell is unpredictable by all means. I'm just thinking if Vilma gets lets say, 6-8 games. No one else should get more than one game. Easily.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com