New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   No CB in the draft (http://blackandgold.com/saints/43561-no-cb-draft.html)

CharityMike 04-28-2012 05:39 PM

No CB in the draft
 
I guess we are going to have to be content on getting a undrafted guy. Maybe a free agent.

New England hit big in Dennard in the 7th. If he can make it through his law issues, he is going to be really good.

2 guys with no off field issues:

Chase Minnifield- OVERVIEW
Minnifield is a savvy and polished corner who may not electrify a defense at the next level but projects to be serviceable as a starting corner and a stalwart in both defending the pass and run. Minnifield clearly understands how to play to his strengths. While it can seem at times like he has a "just don't get beat deep" mentality, he is an effective player who will fill in run support and also cover in both man and zone. Expect him to be taken in the second round and contribute early.

Treven Wade- OVERVIEW
Wade had an interesting collegiate career, with plenty of ups and downs in the past three years. Initially touted as a top corner prospect after a stellar sophomore season in which he blanketed future pros, Wade had a down junior year and lost some of his luster. He showed many flashes again as a senior that have propelled him back into the discussion of the draft's top cornerback prospects. Wade is a productive cover corner who has the size, footwork and skills to make an impact as a potential starter at the next level. He could be taken as early as the second round.

Maybe we can scoop one up after the draft.

|Mitch| 04-28-2012 05:42 PM

That Corey White kid played 3 years of CB, Mayock seemed to like him in our draft grade he just gave us...

CharityMike 04-28-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Mitch| (Post 401514)
That Corey White kid played 3 years of CB, Mayock seemed to like him in our draft grade he just gave us...

Yeah saw that. Either I misunderstood or there is misinformation on the guy but apparently he can cover good. I guess I misunderstood. I thought I read that he has problems in coverage, which is why I thought the picked sucked.

AsylumGuido 04-28-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharityMike (Post 401516)
Yeah saw that. Either I misunderstood or there is misinformation on the guy but apparently he can cover good. I guess I misunderstood. I thought I read that he has problems in coverage, which is why I thought the picked sucked.

That's why I refuse to read draft guides. I prefer to wait and see what happens. I understand that to some people it is fun, but at this point it is like trying to pick fly crap out of a pepper shaker.

papz 04-28-2012 05:51 PM

Patriots selected Nebraska CB Alfonzo Dennard with the No. 224 overall pick in the 2012 NFL draft.

An extremely physical press-man defensive back, Dennard had a horrible postseason. First, he struggled at the Senior Bowl when forced to play in the Vikings coaching staff's Cover 2 scheme. Then Dennard was arrested for allegedly assaulting a police officer a week ago. On the field, Dennard latches onto receivers downfield but lacks critical makeup speed if he gets overextended. The Nebraska product was thrown out of his final game for punching South Carolina WR Alshon Jeffery just after halftime. In New England, Bill Belichick will know how to put Dennard's strengths to use. He should stand a good chance of making the final 53.

Via rotoworld

CharityMike 04-28-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papz (Post 401520)
Patriots selected Nebraska CB Alfonzo Dennard with the No. 224 overall pick in the 2012 NFL draft.

An extremely physical press-man defensive back, Dennard had a horrible postseason. First, he struggled at the Senior Bowl when forced to play in the Vikings coaching staff's Cover 2 scheme. Then Dennard was arrested for allegedly assaulting a police officer a week ago. On the field, Dennard latches onto receivers downfield but lacks critical makeup speed if he gets overextended. The Nebraska product was thrown out of his final game for punching South Carolina WR Alshon Jeffery just after halftime. In New England, Bill Belichick will know how to put Dennard's strengths to use. He should stand a good chance of making the final 53.

Via rotoworld

LOL..like I said..a little aggression issues :)

dueceloose 04-28-2012 05:55 PM

We already have enough bad press lol adding Dennard wouldve only made it worse.

CharityMike 04-28-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dueceloose (Post 401526)
We already have enough bad press lol adding Dennard wouldve only made it worse.

I was secretly hoping we could get him just to send him to punch RG in the face :)

TheOak 04-28-2012 06:00 PM

http://img.tapatalk.com/4c1fba61-7684-8eea.jpg

|Mitch| 04-28-2012 06:01 PM

I think we look at someone like Chase Minnifield if he goes undrafted...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com