New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Article: New Orleans Saints draft analysis: Team stays disciplined, doesn't reach for picks (http://blackandgold.com/saints/43585-new-orleans-saints-draft-analysis-team-stays-disciplined-doesnt-reach-picks.html)

papz 04-30-2012 07:17 AM

New Orleans Saints draft analysis: Team stays disciplined, doesn't reach for picks
 
1 Attachment(s)
New Orleans Saints draft analysis: Team stays disciplined, doesn't reach for picks

“We think we’re a pretty good football team, and so it kind of gets to the point now where you don’t have to reach for a need. We’ve done a great job in the offseason with unrestricted free agency, so now, we had a pool of about 18 players that we thought would potentially be there in the third and fourth round and they were there. And again, we didn’t reach on anybody. We let the board come to us and maintained the discipline of the draft.” — Saints interim coach Joe Vitt

Read more: New Orleans Saints draft analysis: Team stays disciplined, doesn't reach for picks - NFL - Sporting News

Rugby Saint II 04-30-2012 12:47 PM

There is definitely potential there. I just hope the coaches can bring it out soon.

NuNu318 04-30-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugby Saint II (Post 401948)
There is definitely potential there. I just hope the coaches can bring it out soon.

I think they will. Especially on the Defensive side. Spags & Vitt were excited to get Hicks. All the guys from the draft to the UDFA are from mostly from smaller schools. I think this team's scouts do what other teams don't....focus on EVERY school not just the powerhouses for talent. If you look @ the league, especially our team, guys that get overlooked because of where they went to school have a better attitude and work ethic. Look @ guys like Crabtree, Dez Bryant, Jamarcus Russle & Vince Young who come from big schools that play on a national stage all through their college careers....they've either not lived up to the hype, had a false sense of entitlement, or are just not mature or hungry enough mentally to put their all into it. Hell we've even had guys like that...Ellis, Charles Brown, Meach (not from a personality or lockeroom standpoint but on field he good but not the world beater we thought we were getting in the 1st round)

U see the difference in guys like, Colston, PT, Evans, Nicks & Graham. All of those guys work hard, put their team first, and have won a ring because they have that chip of no one believing in them besides the team that took them in on their shoulders. When you're a coveted first rounder

joker-saint 05-01-2012 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NuNu318 (Post 401960)
I think they will. Especially on the Defensive side. Spags & Vitt were excited to get Hicks. All the guys from the draft to the UDFA are from mostly from smaller schools. I think this team's scouts do what other teams don't....focus on EVERY school not just the powerhouses for talent. If you look @ the league, especially our team, guys that get overlooked because of where they went to school have a better attitude and work ethic. Look @ guys like Crabtree, Dez Bryant, Jamarcus Russle & Vince Young who come from big schools that play on a national stage all through their college careers....they've either not lived up to the hype, had a false sense of entitlement, or are just not mature or hungry enough mentally to put their all into it. Hell we've even had guys like that...Ellis, Charles Brown, Meach (not from a personality or lockeroom standpoint but on field he good but not the world beater we thought we were getting in the 1st round)

U see the difference in guys like, Colston, PT, Evans, Nicks & Graham. All of those guys work hard, put their team first, and have won a ring because they have that chip of no one believing in them besides the team that took them in on their shoulders. When you're a coveted first rounder

I totalllly agree!!! I am trying to put together all of the rookie free agent picks from 2006 to 2012. Does anybody heve them listed? I was just wondering if we had any left on the team?

FinSaint 05-01-2012 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joker-saint (Post 402167)
I totalllly agree!!! I am trying to put together all of the rookie free agent picks from 2006 to 2012. Does anybody heve them listed? I was just wondering if we had any left on the team?


PT, Moore and Joe Morgan at least from the top of my head.


Actually, Moore wasn't an original UDFA signing by the Saints, but by the Browns.

Other UDFA signings by the Saints on the current roster: Gallette, Casillas, Higgins, Ivory, Abdul-Quddus and Tanner.


Other UDFA signings on the Saints' current roster:


Greer was originally an UDFA by the Bills.

De La Puenta was originally an UDFA by the 49ers.

Drescher (LS) was originally an UDFA by the Failclowns.

Hartley was originally an UDFA by the Broncos.

Hawthorne was originally an UDFA by the Seahawks.

Herring was originally an UDFA by the Colts.

King was originally an UDFA by the Titans.

Miller was originally an UDFA by the Browns.

Amaya was originally an UDFA by the Dolphins.

Collins was originally an UDFA by the Eagles.

Johnson was originally an UDFA by the Colts.

Daniel was originally a college FA by the Redskins.

Howell was originally an UDFA by the Titans.

McLlwain was originally an UDFA by the Failclowns.

Parks was originally an UDFA by the Rams.

Taylor was originally an UDFA by the Texans.

Trautwein was originally an UDFA by the Rams.

Victorian was originally an UDFA by the Patriots.


And some of the Saints' UFAs who might return were UDFAs themselves:


Charleston was originally an UDFA by the Texans.

Humber was originally an UDFA by the Colts.

Humphrey was originally an UDFA by the Colts.


That's all the guys on the current official Saints' roster.


Hope this helps you out a little. ;-)

papz 05-01-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joker-saint (Post 402167)
I totalllly agree!!! I am trying to put together all of the rookie free agent picks from 2006 to 2012. Does anybody heve them listed? I was just wondering if we had any left on the team?

This may be of help. You could also just wiki it.

The NFL Draft Under Loomis & Payton: Who? or Who Dat! - Canal Street Chronicles

joker-saint 05-01-2012 03:19 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by papz (Post 402184)

Thanks Papz....I was looking for the RFA's, but this is a good read. I dont think Hicks is going to be a flop though. I think Hicks and Toon will be big standouts along with a multiple RFA's (Braylon Broughton, Chris Givens, Kevin Hardy, Stephen Johnson, Jerico Nelson, and Laron Scott)

joker-saint 05-03-2012 02:20 PM

Ouch that hurt!!! Laron Scott breaks for 95 yards against the national champs. LOL Nick Saban was pissed ;-)

joker-saint 05-03-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joker-saint (Post 403185)
Ouch that hurt!!! Laron Scott breaks for 95 yards against the national champs. LOL Nick Saban was pissed ;-)
Laron Scott 95 Yard Kickoff Return for a TD - YouTube

Looks like the next Pierre Thomas

|Mitch| 05-03-2012 05:03 PM

That Laron Scott return was just too easy...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com