Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Mark Ingram....

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by iceshack149 No question. When PT got knocked out the Saints had a hard time beating the niners . They were also forced to use Roby as a returner. If PT had not gotten knocked out on that ...

Like Tree49Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 10:54 PM   #31
500th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Killeen, Tx.
Posts: 871
Originally Posted by iceshack149 View Post
No question. When PT got knocked out the Saints had a hard time beating the niners. They were also forced to use Roby as a returner.
If PT had not gotten knocked out on that play, held on to the ball and we had scored a TD, we woulda won that game. That one play changed everything for us. That being said I only can hope that Ingram continues to improve this year and has a great season.
pumpkindriver is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 11:25 PM   #32
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Black Pearl University
Posts: 799
I think Ingram did what he was supposed to last year. Get in the game, get used to the speed, learn the playbook. As you guys said, he didn't have OTAs he barely had a camp. He got a small number of snaps and never lost yardage, most of the time getting 2 or 3. I don't know what people were expecting from him, but I'm happy with his progress. I'm a little more worried about Cam Jordan.
alexonfyre is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 11:27 PM   #33
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 2,138
Blog Entries: 2
Reminder to Pumpkin'...
Your avatar "aint all that hot".

Remember that one!? LOL

Alaska
AlaskaSaints is offline  
Old 05-01-2012, 05:33 AM   #34
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,900
Originally Posted by AlaskaSaints View Post
Reminder to Pumpkin'...
Your avatar "aint all that hot".

Remember that one!? LOL

Alaska

I can still see the reasoning behind that claim, you know "eye of the beholder" and such.
FinSaint is offline  
Old 05-01-2012, 05:53 AM   #35
evil decepticon
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Posts: 583
I've felt some fans are way to hard on MI. Never got why people expect rookies to post insane numbers. Ingram got way too much flak for his failed run against Green Bay last year and people haven't let it go. The dude is what? 23. Give it time, way too early for bust talk on him.


Originally Posted by Danno View Post
acquiring Sproles was pure genius.
agreed...and probably an understatement.....
Halo likes this.
sharke is offline  
Old 05-01-2012, 06:22 AM   #36
100th Post
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: London, England
Posts: 317
Sorry, but for those of you saying that running backs were our problem against San Francisco I would have to disagree. Too many turnovers and even then we came back but were then undone by stupid, STUPID defensive schemes that allowed Davis to get behind us. Williams just could not let go of the blitz and instead of keeping it all in front, he allowed rainbows over the top and for my mind that was unforgivable. I was disgusted with our defensive schemes after we pulled ahead by three. What idiot leaves Vernon Davis to do what he wants. We should have bracketed him or at least forced him in front of us across the middle but no, we didn't and we paid the price.
Halo likes this.
SaintGup is offline  
Old 05-01-2012, 06:40 AM   #37
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,693
IF my aunt had balls she would be my uncle.
TheOak is offline  
Old 05-01-2012, 12:43 PM   #38
A Cajun Transforming TX
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 2,265
Originally Posted by x626xBlack View Post
IF my aunt had balls she would be my uncle.
and wouldn't that make your uncle gay?
Budsdrinker is online now  
Old 05-01-2012, 12:45 PM   #39
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 10,993
Blog Entries: 5
Originally Posted by Budsdrinker View Post
and wouldn't that make your uncle gay?
If not ghey then at least very confused...
saintfan is offline  
Old 05-01-2012, 01:07 PM   #40
100th Post
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 123
Originally Posted by SaintGup View Post
Sorry, but for those of you saying that running backs were our problem against San Francisco I would have to disagree. Too many turnovers and even then we came back but were then undone by stupid, STUPID defensive schemes that allowed Davis to get behind us. Williams just could not let go of the blitz and instead of keeping it all in front, he allowed rainbows over the top and for my mind that was unforgivable. I was disgusted with our defensive schemes after we pulled ahead by three. What idiot leaves Vernon Davis to do what he wants. We should have bracketed him or at least forced him in front of us across the middle but no, we didn't and we paid the price.
It's clear to see that losing PT early in the game (plus the fact that it resulted in a turnover) and not having Ingram at all caused problems for the team.

But I will agree that when it was all said and done, in the 4th quarter we were in a good position to win the game but lost because of a defensive meltdown.
MistaBigXXL is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/43588-mark-ingram.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Mark Ingram.... This thread Refback 04-30-2012 08:05 AM 3


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts