Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Bounty Investigator to Resign

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Beastmode Of all the teams and all their investigation efforts, that stemmed for years, they only found one team with a bounty program. I find that impossible to to believe. What is easy to believe is that ...

Like Tree26Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 09:52 PM   #31
Merces Letifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,311
Originally Posted by Beastmode View Post
Of all the teams and all their investigation efforts, that stemmed for years, they only found one team with a bounty program. I find that impossible to to believe. What is easy to believe is that when the NFL goes to court over the players they no longer have to say we did nothing. They had two choices, come down on several teams and open up more lawsuits or, just murder one with a strong fan base. That's not a conspiracy against the Saints, that's damage control and I say this because other former players have already stated this is nothing new or unique just to the Saints.
.. and I would like to add to this, the beating Farve took made the Saints an easy target, not because QB's don't get beat up every Sunday, but because it was Brett Farve, and his agent decided to release those pictures, as if the other 1200 or so players in the NFL don't get bruises or swollen ankles... combined with GW's mouth, it gave the NFL the perfect scapegoat.
Tobias-Reiper is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 09:55 PM   #32
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,889
Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
I, for one, don't think the NFL was "out to get" the Saints. I don't know anybody who thinks that really. What I DO think is that the NFL is using this to prop itself up as the keeper of fair play and player safety at a time when it is desperate to show itself as such.

The Saints effed up to be sure and broke a rule...a rule that is broken every season at every level. The portrait that the league has painted, and make no mistake the league went to great lengths to paint it in as negative a light as possible, supported by a puppet media desperate to keep its league connections, was deliberate and extremely unjust.

There was NO cheating going on, ala the Patriots, and NO precedent for a year suspension AND what is essentially an EIGHT MILLION dollar fine for Sean. It is the disparity that has angered me and I think most. It's a means to a (hopeful but misguided) legal end for the league and it is as transparent as anything could possibly be...

...which is why the media witch hunt and clear double-standard and willingness to open as many wounds as possible with zero evidence - it's willingness to do all it could do to destroy the careers of good men on one hand while looking the other way when smoke appears on the other side of the hill...THIS is what is uber-maddening to me...

So, I'm not going to bash anybody either. Everybody has a right to his or her opinion, but any Saints fan, and further any fan of football, and still further any one who supports justice and fair play, would be and should be completely angered by this whole thing. It is my opinion that anybody who isn't is simply not willing to look at the whole picture in a very thoughtful way. To say that Saints fans feel like the league is picking on them is woefully short-sighted...but that's just my 2 cents.
Well said, I certainly understand your point about singling our guys out. I am addressing more the folks who seem to think that the NFL somehow benefits or gains pleasure from doing this; like some evil plot to destroy the Saints. I think they saw something in the bounties that was a threat to their business (ie money) because of the average fans' perception of such allegations and also because of the lawsuits coming down the pike. They reacted defensively and strongly, too strongly IMO, but the penalties reek of the League fearing for what would happen if the public perceived their response as not taking it seriously.
TheDeuce is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 10:09 PM   #33
100th Post
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 216
Blog Entries: 1
So he had a job offer?
Anyone from down near teh city knows the value of a brother-in-law. He can bring you fish when he caught too many, he'll tell his friends about the truck you're selling, he can fix your outboard and he can get you work. This is nothing more than the good ol boy network. Men in high positions doing favors for others. Maybe box seats to the next ten super owls.
Brandon428 likes this.
JimmyB1775 is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 10:13 PM   #34
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,683
Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
Well said, I certainly understand your point about singling our guys out. I am addressing more the folks who seem to think that the NFL somehow benefits or gains pleasure from doing this; like some evil plot to destroy the Saints. I think they saw something in the bounties that was a threat to their business (ie money) because of the average fans' perception of such allegations and also because of the lawsuits coming down the pike. They reacted defensively and strongly, too strongly IMO, but the penalties reek of the League fearing for what would happen if the public perceived their response as not taking it seriously.
For Benson, bountygate (big picture) is a good thing. More teams dragged into it means more lawsuits and more lawsuits mean lost revenue which they share as owners.
Beastmode is offline  
Old 05-01-2012, 06:35 AM   #35
100th Post
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: London, England
Posts: 317
Originally Posted by JimmyB1775 View Post
So he had a job offer?
Maybe box seats to the next ten super owls.
Wow, being next to those Super Owls at the game must be a real hoot!
SapperSaint likes this.
SaintGup is offline  
Old 05-01-2012, 07:03 AM   #36
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,711
So what have we learned from all of this:


Chief is apparently above Director.

........

Goodell has a shower in his office.


.... and the discovery that Super Owls are not to be confused with Superb Owls







Sorry there was no suitable image for a Super Bowel
saintfan and SapperSaint like this.
TheOak is offline  
Old 05-01-2012, 07:54 AM   #37
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: in line with my ridiculous CLEAR PLASTIC BAG
Posts: 2,626
Blog Entries: 3
[Tin Foil Hat] Wow, sure seems to be a lot of ex-FBI guys poking around the Saints lately...and now we recently learned the real actual FBI is looking into the whole wiretapping thing. Hmmm, I wonder if all those ex-FBI guys might ever be talking to each other at all... You know, because, "what if" somebody who was ex-FBI and worked for the Saints, got fired by Loomis and the Saints, and if he had a grudge and decided to sue them over some dirt he claimed to have, and if that ex-FBI person was somehow informally also talking to the ex-FBI investigator at the NFL who was investigating the bounties just after that unsuccessful lawsuit, and what if that same first ex-FBI guy was now talking to the real FBI, trying to get them to probe into Mickey Loomis and "wiretapping".... well... that would be a really far-out Tin Foil Hat conspiracy, that no one could possibly ever believe,right? ... It's not like an ex-FBI guy with a grudge against the Saints, could remember the phone number of his former office, or know the FBI agent who took his place, or names of other ex-FBI agents who were out there working for the NFL or anything. That's totally impossible. [/Tin Foil Hat]
saintfan likes this.
SaintsBro is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/43593-bounty-investigator-resign.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Bounty Investigator to Resign This thread Refback 04-30-2012 02:41 PM 7


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts