Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Packers, not Saints, raised Kurt Warner’s ire in 2009 playoffs

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by RockyMountainSaint I watched this today. Warner said that he should have been aware of the situation and it was on him. Said a bigger, stronger player made a good block. I wasn't aware he said that but ...

Like Tree21Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #11
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,641
Originally Posted by RockyMountainSaint View Post
I watched this today. Warner said that he should have been aware of the situation and it was on him. Said a bigger, stronger player made a good block.
I wasn't aware he said that but I can't keep up with the number of interviews he makes regarding that hit, I know of at least three interviews but there are probably a dozen.

I respect Warner, as a person first, and 2nd as player but stop coming out and saying it was a legal hit. That is a fact and will remain so. Focus on why the hit happened. He threw the pick and then tried to get in the mix against superior size and strength. Nothing good can come out of that situation. So Bobby is suppose to gently nudge him out of the way when he is trained to take the QB down with authority. That is not going to happen on any team, bounty or no bounty.
Beastmode is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 06:46 PM   #12
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,641
Originally Posted by RockyMountainSaint View Post
I watched this today. Warner said that he should have been aware of the situation and it was on him. Said a bigger, stronger player made a good block.
I wasn't aware he said that but I can't keep up with the number of interviews he makes regarding that hit, I know of at least three interviews but there are probably a dozen.

I respect Warner, as a person first, and 2nd as player but stop coming out and saying it was a legal hit. That is a fact and will remain so. Focus on why the hit happened. He threw the pick and then tried to get in the mix against superior size and strength. Nothing good can come out of that situation. So Bobby is suppose to gently nudge him out of the way when he is trained to take the QB down with authority. That is not going to happen on any team, bounty or no bounty.
Beastmode is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #13
Mmm That Smell!
 
Join Date: Oct 1998
Location: Bucktown Brah!
Posts: 2,369
This is from this morning's show.
He talks Saints starting at 1:50

Kurt Warner didn
RockyMountainSaint is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #14
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 10,993
I'm fine with that.
Rugby Saint II is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 11:25 PM   #15
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Black Pearl University
Posts: 798
Originally Posted by Beastmode View Post
Go away Warner! Nobody forced him to become a blocker against 300lb players coming at full speed. Let's explore that for a minute...a stupid act of desperation up against superior physical strength and an uncommon desire to win the game. I wish he would stop coming out and saying it was a legal hit. We already know that from the moment of impact. Start telling reporters you made an awful decision, so awful in fact, he wish he would have never even attempted to block.
Why would you attack a player that has come out on our side almost the entire time? Our allies are few and far between lately, if you hadn't noticed...
SaintGup likes this.
alexonfyre is offline  
Old 05-04-2012, 08:06 AM   #16
100th Post
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: London, England
Posts: 312
Does anyone else remember that, when Warner came back in, two or three Saints had a chance to really level him again but chose to pull up and even though contact was made, tried to hold him upright. If you can't remember and have the game and you should (shame on you if you don't), watch it and see...yeah, really looks like a bounty to me!
RockyMountainSaint likes this.
SaintGup is offline  
Old 05-04-2012, 02:11 PM   #17
500th Post
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Charlotte (Kill me), but born in Gretna.
Posts: 692
Originally Posted by WhoDat!656 View Post

A QB trying to make a tackle is like an old lady in a bar fight!!
If that old lady was Betty White they'd have their hands full.
neugey likes this.
Dasidreidia is offline  
Old 05-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #18
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,641
Originally Posted by alexonfyre View Post
Why would you attack a player that has come out on our side almost the entire time? Our allies are few and far between lately, if you hadn't noticed...
How many times since this started has he gone on air regarding that hit..I know of 3 and I know there are more. It was a legal hit, everyone knows this fact so the Saints don't need his blessing. We also know there is no evidence of of a bounty program that he can shed light on.

He's not contributing anything of value to the discussion. In fact, it's making the public perception of boutygate worse because everytime he goes on three things are mentioned; the hit, the Saints, and bounties. I've had several fans from other teams tell me..yeah but the hit on Warner, that's what got the Saints in trouble. I would think the same thing if I was watching Warner being intervied with the sound turned low or off. Is he doing these spots for free? That what I want to know.
Beastmode is offline  
Old 05-05-2012, 05:59 PM   #19
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Black Pearl University
Posts: 798
Originally Posted by Beastmode View Post
How many times since this started has he gone on air regarding that hit..I know of 3 and I know there are more. It was a legal hit, everyone knows this fact so the Saints don't need his blessing. We also know there is no evidence of of a bounty program that he can shed light on.

He's not contributing anything of value to the discussion. In fact, it's making the public perception of boutygate worse because everytime he goes on three things are mentioned; the hit, the Saints, and bounties. I've had several fans from other teams tell me..yeah but the hit on Warner, that's what got the Saints in trouble. I would think the same thing if I was watching Warner being intervied with the sound turned low or off. Is he doing these spots for free? That what I want to know.
Kurt Warner is the only player personally involved that works in the news media. All of his quotes came from his colleagues asking him about it on-air. If Brett Favre had gone to ESPN or NFLN then he would have just as many quotes. In fact, he almost does because the media did seek him out on multiple occasions and ask him. The reason it keeps coming up is because of the ESPN newsmakers, not Kurt. Chill out, dude.
RockyMountainSaint likes this.
alexonfyre is offline  
Old 05-05-2012, 06:07 PM   #20
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,218
I've heard Kurt on NFL radio several times and there isn't one single appearance that I didn't agree with him for the most part on every single queation he was asked.

This world needs more Kurt Warners.
Danno is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/43675-packers-not-saints-raised-kurt-warner-s-ire-2009-playoffs.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Packers, not Saints, raised Kurt Warner’s ire in 2009 playoffs This thread Refback 05-03-2012 03:12 PM 5


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts