New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   When will the Drew Brees contract get done? (http://blackandgold.com/saints/43992-when-will-drew-brees-contract-get-done.html)

SaintsRule11 05-19-2012 03:25 PM

When will the Drew Brees contract get done?
 
Just a quick question to see when everyone thinks the Drew Brees contract situation will get resolved. Personally, I believe it will happen in late June, but that's just my two cents. I wonder what the actual situation is now. How far apart are the two sides? Still $2 million per year? Who blinks first?

Also, check out this article on Bountygate (or Evidencegate):

Roger Goodell blasted for lack of transparency

foreverfan 05-19-2012 06:16 PM

Due to the salary cap, he will play under the Franchise Tag this year.

jcp026 05-20-2012 09:53 AM

I don't know when, but there is a deadline for getting long term deals done with players who have received the franchise tag.

thefifthwall 05-20-2012 11:05 AM

Friday July 13th is my guess. Will go down to the wire but will be signed

UK_WhoDat 05-20-2012 01:42 PM

Its gonna be a late one!

In the meantime, have a beer.

Rugby Saint II 05-20-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UK_WhoDat (Post 406738)
Its gonna be a late one!

In the meantime, have a beer.

Great idea my friend. I'll drink to that!!!:patos:
Cheers mate.

Srgt. Hulka 05-20-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverfan (Post 406628)
Due to the salary cap, he will play under the Franchise Tag this year.

I bet not. If he does not have a contract by the deadline, I bet he sits. I hope I'm wrong and he gets signed, but I don't see him playing for "Tag" money.

|Mitch| 05-20-2012 10:10 PM

I can't see Drew playing under the Franchise Tag and I don't see the competitor in him allowing him to miss a year; both sides will have to compromise or one side will have to give in...

Belair57 05-20-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Mitch| (Post 406837)
I can't see Drew playing under the Franchise Tag and I don't see the competitor in him allowing him to miss a year; both sides will have to compromise or one side will have to give in...

The fact that we are treating the best QB in our teams history in a fashion that one has to give in is BS...He , or we , should not have to give in...PAY THE DAMN GUY, without him we are CRAP again.

|Mitch| 05-20-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belair57 (Post 406841)
The fact that we are treating the best QB in our teams history in a fashion that one has to give in is BS...He , or we , should not have to give in...PAY THE DAMN GUY, without him we are CRAP again.

I disagree! If Brees would have got what he wanted from the very beginning [23 mil per year], we wouldn't have had the cap space to sign Lofton/Hawthorne/Grubbs. Maybe one of those, but not all three, Drew needs to compromise a little bit and we have a very competitive team.

There shouldn't be anymore Defensive breakdowns in the playoffs, like the 49ers and 'Hawks!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com