Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Better NFL offense: Patriots or Saints?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; All I know is, we are getting beat by 25 votes to the Lions??? Slo..you got some splaining to dooo...

Like Tree6Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2012, 11:39 AM   #31
"Do Your Job!!"
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mid City, New Orleans
Posts: 1,765
All I know is, we are getting beat by 25 votes to the Lions??? Slo..you got some splaining to dooo
SloMotion likes this.
CharityMike is offline  
Old 06-03-2012, 07:19 PM   #32
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 16,069
Originally Posted by CharityMike View Post
All I know is, we are getting beat by 25 votes to the Lions??? Slo..you got some splaining to dooo
I know they're looking at 2012, and we'll be without Payton, but my goodness, we beat the Lions 31-17 and 45-28

And BTW, in the playoffs we had 628 yards of offense and knelt down 3 times inside their 5 yard line to end the game.

And our defenses were about the same last year.

How is this even a contest? 628 yards and 6 TD's? In one game?
Danno is online now  
Old 06-04-2012, 01:33 AM   #33
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,916
Well, I'd rather have the actual Super Bowl title than the victory is this meaningless pole.

sharke likes this.
FinSaint is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 05:53 AM   #34
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: "Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam, circumspice"
Posts: 4,308
Blog Entries: 15
Originally Posted by CharityMike View Post
All I know is, we are getting beat by 25 votes to the Lions??? Slo..you got some splaining to dooo
... hehehe ... you heard the man, Detroit stuffed the ballot box to get by Green Bay ... it must be "SloMotion's Army" stuffing the box early in the final vote vs the Saints, ... they must not have gotten the memo that New Orleans' has the better run game and cancels out any debate of Detroit coming out ahead in this poll ... last I checked, you guys were up by a couple hundred votes anyway ... did I call this one? I think somewhere I predicted a Detroit/New Orleans final ... not that I was expecting to win, but expecting to be there is reasonable ... we're in your rearview mirror, it's gonna' be Saints/Lions for the NFC Championship soon enough and what a glorious day that will be, ...

... this space intentionally left blank ...
SloMotion is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 06:16 AM   #35
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: "Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam, circumspice"
Posts: 4,308
Blog Entries: 15
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
I know they're looking at 2012, and we'll be without Payton, but my goodness, we beat the Lions 31-17 and 45-28
And BTW, in the playoffs we had 628 yards of offense and knelt down 3 times inside their 5 yard line to end the game.
And our defenses were about the same last year.
How is this even a contest? 628 yards and 6 TD's? In one game?
... hey, hey ... don't rub it in, ... but yeah, our defenses are about equal and even the offenses, for the most part ... it's the run game where New Orleans kicks Detroit's ass in a poll like this ... goddang Lions' run game, it's non-existent.

Originally Posted by FinSaint View Post
Well, I'd rather have the actual Super Bowl title than the victory is this meaningless pole.

... had you worried there for a moment, eh? .


... just a little good-natured fun guys, I'm sure y'all know how it feels to go from 'worst-to-first' ... that's where I'm at on this, just sitting here happy that the Lions are getting some press, .
CharityMike likes this.
SloMotion is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 09:23 AM   #36
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,916
Originally Posted by SloMotion View Post
... had you worried there for a moment, eh? .


... just a little good-natured fun guys, I'm sure y'all know how it feels to go from 'worst-to-first' ... that's where I'm at on this, just sitting here happy that the Lions are getting some press, .

Well, I haven't voted once, so I'm really not that heavily invested in the final result, but I do think that the Lions have one of the better offenses in the league - just not a Top 2 offense with their lack of a running game.

And there's been some Lions' news recently, just yesterday there was an article on NFL.com about Suh looking forward to turning the page on a disappointing season.

Anyway, I'd trade for less media attention any day after the offseason the Saints have had this year, so count yourself lucky.
FinSaint is offline  
Old 06-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #37
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: "Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam, circumspice"
Posts: 4,308
Blog Entries: 15
Originally Posted by FinSaint View Post
And there's been some Lions' news recently, just yesterday there was an article on NFL.com about Suh looking forward to turning the page on a disappointing season.

Anyway, I'd trade for less media attention any day after the offseason the Saints have had this year, so count yourself lucky.
... yeah, I was glad to see the big guy is finally learning how to admit to his shortcomings, when he has 'em ... I was pointing that out halfway through the season that he wasn't performing up to expectations ... I don't blame Suh as much as I blame Cunningham, the defensive coordinator, who had Ndamukong lining up in the exact same position and doing the exact same thing, every play of every defensive series ... it was so damn predictable, easy to block & did nothing to help the defensive play of the Lions ... hopefully next season they'll move him around and stunt him more, that's how you use a guy like Suh, IMO ...
FinSaint likes this.

... this space intentionally left blank ...
SloMotion is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/44202-better-nfl-offense-patriots-saints.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Better NFL offense: Patriots or Saints? - New England Patriots Forums - PatsFans.com Patriots Fan Messageboard This thread Refback 05-30-2012 02:18 AM 44
Better NFL offense: Patriots or Saints? This thread Refback 05-29-2012 08:37 PM 1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:03 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts