New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Bushrod had surgery after last season (http://blackandgold.com/saints/44349-bushrod-had-surgery-after-last-season.html)

papz 06-05-2012 05:04 PM

Bushrod had surgery after last season
 
Saints LT Jermon Bushrod underwent a "pretty major" surgery for a torn shoulder labrum just after last season.

Bushrod has resumed practicing, but it's a noteworthy fact for a contract-year player going on age 28. Pro Football Focus graded Bushrod as the eighth best left tackle in football last season, charging him with only two sacks in 16 starts. Drew Brees' feel for pressure and quick release both help, of course.

Source: Mike Triplett on Twitter

Danno 06-05-2012 05:42 PM

Did they replace one of his left feet?

Rugby Saint II 06-05-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danno (Post 410092)
Did they replace one of his left feet?

Yes. I think it was the left one.:D

Speedy Ron 06-05-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danno (Post 410092)
Did they replace one of his left feet?

OOOOOOOOOO....no he didnt...

Crusader 06-05-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papz (Post 410082)
Saints LT Jermon Bushrod underwent a "pretty major" surgery for a torn shoulder labrum just after last season.

Bushrod has resumed practicing, but it's a noteworthy fact for a contract-year player going on age 28. Pro Football Focus graded Bushrod as the eighth best left tackle in football last season, charging him with only two sacks in 16 starts. Drew Brees' feel for pressure and quick release both help, of course.

Source: Mike Triplett on Twitter

And still if you listen to a bunch of people here Bushrod is terrible...

Danno 06-05-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crusader (Post 410128)
And still if you listen to a bunch of people here Bushrod is terrible...

I was just joking, sort of. We could do a hell of a lot worse than Bushrod.

The Dude 06-05-2012 07:45 PM

I tore my labrum 3 years ago and it still hurts like hell. Took me a good year and half to get off pain meds (mostly because I didn't want to but still). Hope he is ok to go by September. An injury like that can get re aggravated easily.

Danno 06-05-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dude (Post 410142)
I tore my labrum 3 years ago and it still hurts like hell. Took me a good year and half to get off pain meds (mostly because I didn't want to but still). Hope he is ok to go by September. An injury like that can get re aggravated easily.

I tore my ACL in College 3 times... been drinking tons of beer ever since.

Seer1 06-05-2012 08:18 PM

I started drinking beer first... that's why my ACLs are still healthy. I don't think I can get a torn labia though.

SmashMouth 06-06-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danno (Post 410146)
I tore my ACL in College 3 times... been drinking tons of beer ever since.

Kicking some Alabama butt, no doubt! :mrgreen:

Who's his backup? This could be a worry for the season.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com