Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Opening Day Sept 9 Skins @ Saints

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by DaveyFoSho No disrespect intended. BUT, in the spirit of fun. Say the fans surrounding me give me a bunch of "WHO DATS" when the Saints are making their normal awesome plays (On offense )... is it basically ...

Like Tree21Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2012, 01:48 PM   #31
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 3,910
Originally Posted by DaveyFoSho View Post
No disrespect intended. BUT, in the spirit of fun. Say the fans surrounding me give me a bunch of "WHO DATS" when the Saints are making their normal awesome plays (On offense )... is it basically asking for it if I give them a friendly WHO DAT right back if the Skins score or do something impressive?

Obviously I am going to be drinking my weight in liquor (no worries I'm a chatty/friendly drunk), just want to know the parameters before I cross a line.
some might disagree, but I say you paid your money, cheer for your team how you choose...
act like a guest and you'll be treated like one
pherein and sharke like this.
ScottF is offline  
Latest Blogs
Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


What i tell you ! !! ! Last Blog: 11-02-2014 By: SAINTstunna


MID TERM ELECTION Last Blog: 10-29-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Old 06-21-2012, 02:09 PM   #32
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: in line with my ridiculous CLEAR PLASTIC BAG
Posts: 2,810
Blog Entries: 3
Originally Posted by DaveyFoSho View Post
... is it basically asking for it if I give them a friendly WHO DAT right back if the Skins score or do something impressive?

Obviously I am going to be drinking my weight in liquor (no worries I'm a chatty/friendly drunk), just want to know the parameters before I cross a line.
Yeah, Who dat, we dat, beat dat -- it all comes back at us from visiting fans, and it happens all the time -- at least early in the games. But, it's usually just a fleeting, temporary feeling of euphoria for the visiting fans... Keep in mind, we were undefeated at home last year, and the years before that we pretty much only lost ONE home game a year (some years we lost two, one "real" one and one when starters were resting at the end of the year). The last time we lost a home opener was 2007. But seriously, the Saints are a good barometer to see where your team is at. I just worry a little about your Redskins and RG3 walking into a buzzsaw, because of all this off-season hooplah, plus it will be Drew's first game after he gets his new deal done, the first game on the path to the Super Bowl that would take the Saints back to New Orleans, the new defensive coordinator, plus a very angry, ticked-off interim head coach who's been with the team forever, but nobody in the league can scout and know what he is gonna do -- it's like a perfect storm all coming together. The Dome is going to be rocking like a playoff game.

Your idea of the "Free Payton" shirt under your jersey will make you a LOT of friends, I'm sure, probably get a lot of your weight in liquor bought for you, as well.
SaintsBro is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 02:37 PM   #33
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Springfield, VA
Posts: 64
Originally Posted by SaintsBro View Post
Yeah, Who dat, we dat, beat dat -- it all comes back at us from visiting fans, and it happens all the time -- at least early in the games. But, it's usually just a fleeting, temporary feeling of euphoria for the visiting fans... Keep in mind, we were undefeated at home last year, and the years before that we pretty much only lost ONE home game a year (some years we lost two, one "real" one and one when starters were resting at the end of the year). The last time we lost a home opener was 2007. But seriously, the Saints are a good barometer to see where your team is at. I just worry a little about your Redskins and RG3 walking into a buzzsaw, because of all this off-season hooplah, plus it will be Drew's first game after he gets his new deal done, the first game on the path to the Super Bowl that would take the Saints back to New Orleans, the new defensive coordinator, plus a very angry, ticked-off interim head coach who's been with the team forever, but nobody in the league can scout and know what he is gonna do -- it's like a perfect storm all coming together. The Dome is going to be rocking like a playoff game.

Your idea of the "Free Payton" shirt under your jersey will make you a LOT of friends, I'm sure, probably get a lot of your weight in liquor bought for you, as well.
I fully plan on taking the trip down to NO just to party that super bowl weekend. Would be absolutely amazing if you guys could do it and get a home game. Count me in cheering my butt off for that one.

I do have realistic expectations for RG3. I expect a lot of dazzling plays this year showing his upside, but I also expect 10+ interceptions and some less than inspiring play at times. All part of being a rookie and learning the league. I am coming into this Saints game at 50/50, but that is just the optimistic Redskin fan in me. I will have a great time no matter what the outcome of the game is, and at the very least I will get to see RG3's first regular season snap.

I'm definitely going for a couple of those shirts, but I would really like to find a hat... no such luck yet.
DaveyFoSho is offline  
Old 06-22-2012, 02:53 AM   #34
500th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Killeen, Tx.
Posts: 885
I love this thread, just reading all the comments makes me feel good.
pumpkindriver is offline  
Old 06-22-2012, 08:07 AM   #35
evil decepticon
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Posts: 583
Originally Posted by ScottF View Post
I go to the game at the Georgia dome every year, and I have to admit, I don't get much crap from their fans, even with my layers of black and gold. The fact that we win there pretty often helps, but overall it's never a bad experience.
yes, but you are operating under the assumption that the falcons have an actual fanbase.
pherein likes this.
sharke is offline  
Old 06-22-2012, 08:34 AM   #36
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Springfield, VA
Posts: 64
Originally Posted by pumpkindriver View Post
I love this thread, just reading all the comments makes me feel good.
Me too, other than trying to get me to go to a gay bar you guys are good people!
pherein likes this.
DaveyFoSho is offline  
Old 06-22-2012, 09:43 AM   #37
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 3,910
Originally Posted by sharke View Post
yes, but you are operating under the assumption that the falcons have an actual fanbase.
Oh so very true. The people in the seats around me are very knowledgble, loyal, etc.
But then I look up and see empty seats in the uppers, gold jerseys everywhere (always at least 5-6K saints fans), and fans pouring out headed for home in the 4th quarter.
I have 4 seats if you & your dad want to go this year
ScottF is offline  
Old 06-22-2012, 11:07 AM   #38
evil decepticon
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Posts: 583
Originally Posted by ScottF View Post
Oh so very true. The people in the seats around me are very knowledgble, loyal, etc.
But then I look up and see empty seats in the uppers, gold jerseys everywhere (always at least 5-6K saints fans), and fans pouring out headed for home in the 4th quarter.
I have 4 seats if you & your dad want to go this year
Very possible, thanks for the offer.
sharke is offline  
Old 06-22-2012, 03:13 PM   #39
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Gonzales, LA
Posts: 1,738
I used to live in Birmingham, so a few times I made the short drive over to the Georgia Dome when the Saints were in Atlanta.

Never got in a fight or anything, but saw a few break out. Also had a nasty altercation with some FoulCons fans on the MARTA, messing with my sister - who had joined me at the game because my wife wouldn't return to the Georgia Dome after the previous season!

I've found the Georgia Dome a pretty unfriendly place for Saints fans. FoulCons are the only fans I'd support being uncivil toward here, eye-for-an-eye and all that ...
pherein and sharke like this.
mutineer10 is offline  
Old 06-22-2012, 05:16 PM   #40
evil decepticon
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Posts: 583
Originally Posted by mutineer10 View Post
I used to live in Birmingham, so a few times I made the short drive over to the Georgia Dome when the Saints were in Atlanta.

Never got in a fight or anything, but saw a few break out. Also had a nasty altercation with some FoulCons fans on the MARTA, messing with my sister - who had joined me at the game because my wife wouldn't return to the Georgia Dome after the previous season!

I've found the Georgia Dome a pretty unfriendly place for Saints fans. FoulCons are the only fans I'd support being uncivil toward here, eye-for-an-eye and all that ...
a lot closer to my experiences...but in all fairness, if you take MARTA, you are risking life, limb, and property....regardless of who you are or what team you support...
mutineer10 likes this.
sharke is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/44401-opening-day-sept-9-skins-saints.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 06-10-2012 04:29 PM 2
Opening Day Sept 9 Skins @ Saints This thread Refback 06-10-2012 03:59 PM 5


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts