New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   WTFO?!?!?! (http://blackandgold.com/saints/44612-wtfo.html)

WhoDat!656 06-15-2012 08:50 PM

WTFO?!?!?!
 
The Saints have 4 quality RBs and are only ranked 14th?

NFL 2012: Running Back Power Rankings | Football Nation

RockyMountainSaint 06-15-2012 08:55 PM

FANTASY FOOTBALL RANKINGS

Now with twice the ghey of regular power rankings.

The Dude 06-15-2012 09:17 PM

Because none of them alone are elite names, we just get it done by commitee with each back having different strenths. In the real world we are alot better than 14th

WhoDat!656 06-15-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dude (Post 412360)
Because none of them alone are elite names, we just get it done by commitee with each back having different strenths. In the real world we are alot better than 14th

I disagree!!

Darren Sproles was failry 'elite' before he came to the Saints. Several sportswriters have written that Sproles was the main reason the Chargers were having any success after Brees left.

And Sproles is certainly considered 'elite' now after the record-breaking seasom he had last year!

Euphoria 06-15-2012 10:12 PM

None are elite RB's.

They are role players. Some even have a history of not staying health for a season so that is another reason we have to carry some extra's.

RockyMountainSaint 06-15-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euphoria (Post 412370)
None are elite RB's.

They are role players. Some even have a history of not staying health for a season so that is another reason we have to carry some extra's.

The Force is strong in you Euphoria. But I KNEW you couldn't resist the lure of a "Power Ranking" thread!

WhoDat!656 06-15-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euphoria (Post 412370)
None are elite RB's.

They are role players. Some even have a history of not staying health for a season so that is another reason we have to carry some extra's.

How many RBs in the league DON'T have a history of not staying healthy?

Considering the punishment they take over a 16 game season, it is easy to understand why so many are walking cripples afterthey retire.

Ricky Williams seemed to have an ankle spain the entire time he was with the Saints, but we didn't have 4 RBS like we have now on the roster then lie we do now.

RockyMountainSaint 06-15-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhoDat!656 (Post 412372)
How many RBs in the league DON'T have a history of not staying healthy?

Considering the punishment they take over a 16 game season, it is easy to understand why so many are walking cripples afterthey retire.

Ricky Williams seemed to have an ankle spain the entire time he was with the Saints, but we didn't have 4 RBS like we have now on the roster then lie we do now.

I was just funning about before.

656, look at the article that you posted.

It's a FANTASY FOOTBALL SITE AND ARTICLE!

It's not about RB tandems in the NFL.

It's about RB tandems in FANTASY FOOTBALL!

Fantasy pts, not real stats is the focus.

The "writer" is a fantasy guru. He is an NFL dummy!

WhoDat!656 06-15-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyMountainSaint (Post 412377)
I was just funning about before.

656, look at the article that you posted.

It's a FANTASY FOOTBALL SITE AND ARTICLE!

It's not about RB tandems in the NFL.

It's about RB tandems in FANTASY FOOTBALL!

Fantasy pts, not real stats is the focus.

The "writer" is a fantasy guru. He is an NFL dummy!

It's ok with me that you are funning.

The writer had this line in his story: 'In today’s NFL, you have to have at least two good starting caliber RBs to compete; so who are the haves and have nots? Let’s take a look.'

I would say that all four of the Saints RBs would be starters on virtually ANY team in the league. Don't forget that it wasn't long ago Pierre Thomas was rumored to be traded to the Patriots; PT is arguably the best screen-running RB in the league. If the Patriots hadn't take the Saints offer to trade up and get Mark Ingram, he may have been a Patriots as well.

We all know what a tremendous FA acquisiton Sproles has been; without a doubt he has been the best FA signing in Saints history after Drew Brees!

My only knocks against Tusk are the frequency of his injuries and he is as useful on a screen play as an old lady is in a bar fight!

RockyMountainSaint 06-15-2012 11:03 PM

The point that I am trying to make is this:
Jason Stolberg
Contributor

I am an avid life-long football fan with 15 years of fantasy football experience both online and local, ranging from free re-drafts to online auctions, to higher dollar dynasty. My favorite team is the Seattle Seahawks, they're my hometown team and I've stuck with them through the best of times (2005 Super Bowl season) to the worst of times (anytime Brian Bosworth and Dan McGwire got on the field). I've been a marketing professional, project manager, and client service specialist. I'm a freelance writer, specializing in sports writing, marketin ... View Profile

He is a FANTASY FOOTBALL GEEK!

I casually play fantasy football with my friends. I am not disparaging it.

THE DUDE WHO WROTE THE WORDS THAT ARE UPSETTING YOU IS A FANTASY GEEK!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com