New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   WTFO?!?!?! (http://blackandgold.com/saints/44612-wtfo.html)

WhoDat!656 06-15-2012 07:50 PM

WTFO?!?!?!
 
The Saints have 4 quality RBs and are only ranked 14th?

NFL 2012: Running Back Power Rankings | Football Nation

RockyMountainSaint 06-15-2012 07:55 PM

FANTASY FOOTBALL RANKINGS

Now with twice the ghey of regular power rankings.

The Dude 06-15-2012 08:17 PM

Because none of them alone are elite names, we just get it done by commitee with each back having different strenths. In the real world we are alot better than 14th

WhoDat!656 06-15-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dude (Post 412360)
Because none of them alone are elite names, we just get it done by commitee with each back having different strenths. In the real world we are alot better than 14th

I disagree!!

Darren Sproles was failry 'elite' before he came to the Saints. Several sportswriters have written that Sproles was the main reason the Chargers were having any success after Brees left.

And Sproles is certainly considered 'elite' now after the record-breaking seasom he had last year!

Euphoria 06-15-2012 09:12 PM

None are elite RB's.

They are role players. Some even have a history of not staying health for a season so that is another reason we have to carry some extra's.

RockyMountainSaint 06-15-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euphoria (Post 412370)
None are elite RB's.

They are role players. Some even have a history of not staying health for a season so that is another reason we have to carry some extra's.

The Force is strong in you Euphoria. But I KNEW you couldn't resist the lure of a "Power Ranking" thread!

WhoDat!656 06-15-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euphoria (Post 412370)
None are elite RB's.

They are role players. Some even have a history of not staying health for a season so that is another reason we have to carry some extra's.

How many RBs in the league DON'T have a history of not staying healthy?

Considering the punishment they take over a 16 game season, it is easy to understand why so many are walking cripples afterthey retire.

Ricky Williams seemed to have an ankle spain the entire time he was with the Saints, but we didn't have 4 RBS like we have now on the roster then lie we do now.

RockyMountainSaint 06-15-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhoDat!656 (Post 412372)
How many RBs in the league DON'T have a history of not staying healthy?

Considering the punishment they take over a 16 game season, it is easy to understand why so many are walking cripples afterthey retire.

Ricky Williams seemed to have an ankle spain the entire time he was with the Saints, but we didn't have 4 RBS like we have now on the roster then lie we do now.

I was just funning about before.

656, look at the article that you posted.

It's a FANTASY FOOTBALL SITE AND ARTICLE!

It's not about RB tandems in the NFL.

It's about RB tandems in FANTASY FOOTBALL!

Fantasy pts, not real stats is the focus.

The "writer" is a fantasy guru. He is an NFL dummy!

WhoDat!656 06-15-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyMountainSaint (Post 412377)
I was just funning about before.

656, look at the article that you posted.

It's a FANTASY FOOTBALL SITE AND ARTICLE!

It's not about RB tandems in the NFL.

It's about RB tandems in FANTASY FOOTBALL!

Fantasy pts, not real stats is the focus.

The "writer" is a fantasy guru. He is an NFL dummy!

It's ok with me that you are funning.

The writer had this line in his story: 'In today’s NFL, you have to have at least two good starting caliber RBs to compete; so who are the haves and have nots? Let’s take a look.'

I would say that all four of the Saints RBs would be starters on virtually ANY team in the league. Don't forget that it wasn't long ago Pierre Thomas was rumored to be traded to the Patriots; PT is arguably the best screen-running RB in the league. If the Patriots hadn't take the Saints offer to trade up and get Mark Ingram, he may have been a Patriots as well.

We all know what a tremendous FA acquisiton Sproles has been; without a doubt he has been the best FA signing in Saints history after Drew Brees!

My only knocks against Tusk are the frequency of his injuries and he is as useful on a screen play as an old lady is in a bar fight!

RockyMountainSaint 06-15-2012 10:03 PM

The point that I am trying to make is this:
Jason Stolberg
Contributor

I am an avid life-long football fan with 15 years of fantasy football experience both online and local, ranging from free re-drafts to online auctions, to higher dollar dynasty. My favorite team is the Seattle Seahawks, they're my hometown team and I've stuck with them through the best of times (2005 Super Bowl season) to the worst of times (anytime Brian Bosworth and Dan McGwire got on the field). I've been a marketing professional, project manager, and client service specialist. I'm a freelance writer, specializing in sports writing, marketin ... View Profile

He is a FANTASY FOOTBALL GEEK!

I casually play fantasy football with my friends. I am not disparaging it.

THE DUDE WHO WROTE THE WORDS THAT ARE UPSETTING YOU IS A FANTASY GEEK!

WhoDat!656 06-15-2012 10:19 PM

I get that.

But what has me pissed off to the heights of pisstivity is in the quote I posted, he says a team needs at least 2 good RBs.

I can't think of a team in the league other than the Saints that do!

And then he puts the Saints at 14?

mutineer10 06-15-2012 10:35 PM

I watch the NFL & play fantasy football, too. I realize it's a fantasy article, but this guy makes some pretty idiotic observations no matter which perspective you're reading from.

The Cowboys at #3? DeMarco Murray & Felix Jones ... really? I don't want those clowns on my real-life or fantasy team.

sharke 06-18-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mutineer10 (Post 412396)
The Cowboys at #3? DeMarco Murray & Felix Jones ... really? I don't want those clowns on my real-life or fantasy team.

Ha! That is what got me about his rankings. Specifically over Lesean McCoy...really?

xan 06-18-2012 08:42 AM

Why do these threads even start.

There is a special place in the 7th level of hell for power rankings and those who pay attention to them.

|Mitch| 06-18-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xan (Post 412841)
There is a special place in the 7th level of hell for power rankings and those who pay attention to them.

LOL!

TheOak 06-18-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhoDat!656 (Post 412364)
I disagree!!

Darren Sproles was failry 'elite' before he came to the Saints. Several sportswriters have written that Sproles was the main reason the Chargers were having any success after Brees left.

And Sproles is certainly considered 'elite' now after the record-breaking seasom he had last year!

Yep.... and the guy didn't even make the Pro-Bowl!

|Mitch| 06-18-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x626xBlack (Post 412905)
Yep.... and the guy didn't even make the Pro-Bowl!

All the Pro-Bowl is these days is a glorified popularity contest...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:31 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2018 - BlackandGold.com