New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Article: Saints Still The Real Deal, True Contenders For 2012 (http://blackandgold.com/saints/44618-saints-still-real-deal-true-contenders-2012-a.html)

WhoDat!656 06-15-2012 10:07 PM

Saints Still The Real Deal, True Contenders For 2012
 
METAIRIE -- Nothing has changed my opinion of the 2012 New Orleans Saints.

Not the season-long loss of Coach Sean Payton for his role in the Bounty scandal, the in-season absence of GM Mickey Loomis for eight games and acting head coach Joe Vitt for six games, the pending suspensions of MLB Jonathan Vilma and DE Will Smith and Drew Brees' protracted contract negotiations.

None of it.

The Saints are a Final Four-caliber team in the NFC, a team that is capable of winning 11 or 12 games with Brees under center, Steve Spagnuolo running the defense and a ginormous chip on their collective shoulders.

Saints Still The Real Deal, True Contenders For 2012

the-commish 06-16-2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhoDat!656 (Post 412387)
METAIRIE -- Nothing has changed my opinion of the 2012 New Orleans Saints.

Not the season-long loss of Coach Sean Payton for his role in the Bounty scandal, the in-season absence of GM Mickey Loomis for eight games and acting head coach Joe Vitt for six games, the pending suspensions of MLB Jonathan Vilma and DE Will Smith and Drew Brees' protracted contract negotiations.

None of it.

The Saints are a Final Four-caliber team in the NFC, a team that is capable of winning 11 or 12 games with Brees under center, Steve Spagnuolo running the defense and a ginormous chip on their collective shoulders.

Saints Still The Real Deal, True Contenders For 2012

11 or 12 regular season wins may not be good enough. This team has to secure HFA throughout the playoffs, and that may require winning at least 13 games. If the Saints can secure HFA throughout the NFC playoffs (and effectively through the SB this season) then look out!

Rugby Saint II 06-17-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the-commish (Post 412451)
11 or 12 regular season wins may not be good enough. This team has to secure HFA throughout the playoffs, and that may require winning at least 13 games. If the Saints can secure HFA throughout the NFC playoffs (and effectively through the SB this season) then look out!

We had 13 wins last season with a pathetic defense. We should be able to match that if our players keep the chip on their shoulders. We will miss Payton but should be able to pull it off. The scheme will be similar to last year on offense and the defense should be much improved.

AllSaints 06-17-2012 03:54 PM

Ah yeah we got this ! 13-3 HFA all n the dome ! Does it get any better

The Dude 06-17-2012 04:01 PM

Ill take a wild card at this point. The winners of the past 2 SBs have been wild cards. No reason we can't pull it off too. Also the last time NY won the SB we won the next year.

darstep 06-18-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dude (Post 412706)
Ill take a wild card at this point. The winners of the past 2 SBs have been wild cards. No reason we can't pull it off too. Also the last time NY won the SB we won the next year.

Yep! Just get me to the post season.
#1 seed is better than #6 just like being "in" is better than being out of the playoffs.
The season starts over when the playoffs start.
With all the emotional baggage we are carrying, I would be elated if we could just get in.
We can make the rest happen at that point, from whatever post position we find ourselves.

the-commish 06-19-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dude (Post 412706)
Ill take a wild card at this point. The winners of the past 2 SBs have been wild cards. No reason we can't pull it off too. Also the last time NY won the SB we won the next year.

The Saints have NEVER won a road playoff game (which they would have to do as a wildcard to win the SB).

I'll still take Home Field Advantage throughout, thank you.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com