New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   League presents evidence to group of reporters (http://blackandgold.com/saints/44696-league-presents-evidence-group-reporters.html)

WhoDat!656 06-18-2012 06:51 PM

League presents evidence to group of reporters
 
King said the 2009 playoff bounty on Brett Favre was actually $35,000, not $10,000 and also that Roman Harper was due $1,000 for knocking Giants running back Brandon Jacobs out of a game.

League presents evidence to group of reporters | ProFootballTalk

SmashMouth 06-18-2012 07:00 PM

[IMG]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/n...rosshairs2.png[/IMG]

:popcorn:

saintfan 06-18-2012 07:02 PM

Okay. I'm stupid, so somebody 'spain it to me. Why would the NFL show evidence to a group of reporters that it refuses to show to the players it is punishing?

SmashMouth 06-18-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saintfan (Post 412975)
Okay. I'm stupid, so somebody 'spain it to me. Why would the NFL show evidence to a group of reporters that it refuses to show to the players it is punishing?

Because it is hearsay, rather manufactured, and not actual evidence. This meets the three calendar day rule, right? :rolleyes: :beatnik:

saintfan 06-18-2012 07:09 PM

I see - like trying to taint the Jury? If that's accurate - if it's true that they cannot use this 'evidence'...well, but then why couldn't they...

they are, after all, using evidence that wasn't in their possession when they actually punished people...

But I mean, oh hell I don't know. Now I'm more confused than normal...

WhoDat!656 06-18-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saintfan (Post 412975)
Okay. I'm stupid, so somebody 'spain it to me. Why would the NFL show evidence to a group of reporters that it refuses to show to the players it is punishing?

You get three guesses and the first two don't count!

SmashMouth 06-18-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saintfan (Post 412978)
I see - like trying to taint the Jury? If that's accurate - if it's true that they cannot use this 'evidence'...well, but then why couldn't they...

they are, after all, using evidence that wasn't in their possession when they actually punished people...

But I mean, oh hell I don't know. Now I'm more confused than normal...

If they actually had it, they were compelled to turn it over 3 calendar days prior; this means this past Friday. This also means they are pissing in the wind.

http://www.signsbypost.com/lg_images...-WIND-0428.jpg

AsylumGuido 06-18-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmashMouth (Post 412977)
Because it is hearsay, rather manufactured, and not actual evidence. This meets the three calendar day rule, right? :rolleyes: :beatnik:

They said they showed the same evidence to the reporters that they shared with the players. The fact is that none of it confirms the presence of a bounty system. It could confirm the existence of a pay for performance plan, but that has not been denied.

They did have some "transcription from notes" that implied Vilma, Ornstein, Grant and Vitt gave a total of $35,000 for a hit on Favre, but it was just a typewritten copy of what was supposedly notes from the game.

Solid proof? More like solid bull****.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com