Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Brees believes Saints’ coaches are scared to stand up to the NFL

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; The four players suspended in the Saints’ bounty program are loudly proclaiming that the NFL’s decision was unfair, and that they’re not done fighting. But the other four men suspended in the Saints’ bounty program have accepted their punishments and ...

Like Tree9Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2012, 03:19 PM   #1
SaintsWillWin
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Shreveport,Louisiana
Posts: 10,101
Exclamation Brees believes Saints’ coaches are scared to stand up to the NFL

The four players suspended in the Saints’ bounty program are loudly proclaiming that the NFL’s decision was unfair, and that they’re not done fighting. But the other four men suspended in the Saints’ bounty program have accepted their punishments and apologized. So why the difference?

Saints quarterback Drew Brees says it’s because former Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, coach Sean Payton, General Manager Mickey Loomis and assistant head coach Joe Vitt fear that standing up to the NFL would only make things worse.

Brees believes Saints
WhoDat!656 is online now  
Latest Blogs
MID TERM ELECTION Last Blog: 10-29-2014 By: teddybarexxx


2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Old 06-26-2012, 03:27 PM   #2
LET MY TEAM GO!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Just north of COWGAL HELL
Posts: 286
Not hard to believe...

The coach's suspensions do not end, they have to be reinstated by the same person that suspended them and heard their appeal in the first place.

Why else would the coaches be silent almost the entire time.
saintfan likes this.
TXGSP is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 04:05 PM   #3
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,209
Blog Entries: 5
Originally Posted by TXGSP View Post
Not hard to believe...

The coach's suspensions do not end, they have to be reinstated by the same person that suspended them and heard their appeal in the first place.

Why else would the coaches be silent almost the entire time.
And that's exactly what Roger wants, which is why he left it open-ended with them...ALL of them...which the media and other observers seem to have missed. Sean's suspension is one year but it's subject to the all mighty's review, so he has to keep quiet. Roger is such a *****.
saintfan is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 04:58 PM   #4
Retired
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 10,565
Our coaches don't have to say jack crap. There is a reason why there's a NFLPA. No need to dig themselves in a deeper hole by saying something the media could twist in a negative light. The coaches aren't protected by anyone but their lawyers and they're doing exactly what they're suppose to .

Please Drew... don't whine about the coaches not speaking out on behalf of the players. I don't see any of these guys clamoring about the injustice of the suspensions our coaches are facing.

Coaches - let their lawyers do their jobs.
Players - let the NFLPA do their jobs.

Drew - I'm already sick hearing about this bounty crap... I don't need to hear it from you too. STFU and get in the negotiating room.
saintsfan1976 likes this.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

All little common sense goes a long way.
papz is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #5
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 1,906
Originally Posted by papz View Post
Our coaches don't have to say jack crap. There is a reason why there's a NFLPA. No need to dig themselves in a deeper hole by saying something the media could twist in a negative light. The coaches aren't protected by anyone but their lawyers and they're doing exactly what they're suppose to .

Please Drew... don't whine about the coaches not speaking out on behalf of the players. I don't see any of these guys clamoring about the injustice of the suspensions our coaches are facing.

Coaches - let their lawyers do their jobs.
Players - let the NFLPA do their jobs.

Drew - I'm already sick hearing about this bounty crap... I don't need to hear it from you too. STFU and get in the negotiating room.
Drew isn't complaining about the coaches. He knows the coaches would speak up if they could. He is saying that the league has the coaches by the balls and won't allow them to tell the truth openly your the grip would tighten.
AsylumGuido is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 05:30 PM   #6
Retired
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 10,565
Yea... I know. I'm just a little frustrated. He's complaining about the coaches not being able to voice their opinion... not about the coaches themselves. Had to take it out on somebody and he's my scapegoat.

Still...

Drew - I'm already sick hearing about this bounty crap... I don't need to hear it from you too. STFU and get in the negotiating room.
I'm not taking that back.
papz is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 06:40 PM   #7
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 1,906
Originally Posted by papz View Post
Yea... I know. I'm just a little frustrated. He's complaining about the coaches not being able to voice their opinion... not about the coaches themselves. Had to take it out on somebody and he's my scapegoat.

Still...



I'm not taking that back.
I know papz, but this just still all a part of the process. Nothing needs to be done before July 16th. Throw down a Turbo Dog and relax.

No scapegoat is needed here. Nothing is lost. Chill, friend.
AsylumGuido is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 07:07 PM   #8
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,209
Blog Entries: 5
Rugby Saint II likes this.
saintfan is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 07:14 PM   #9
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 3,879
The coaches already appealed and lost. What else should they do?
ScottF is online now  
Old 06-26-2012, 11:12 PM   #10
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 18,686
Yeah they got knocked out already !
QBREES9 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/44912-brees-believes-saints-coaches-scared-stand-up-nfl.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Brees believes Saints’ coaches are scared to stand up to the NFL This thread Refback 06-26-2012 04:14 PM 2


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts