Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

League backs off view that Hargrove said “give me my money”

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Beastmode CBA or no CBA, there is no way anyone shoud be allowed to go around aimlessly smearing someone. Someone needs to be held accountable. From a moral standpoint I agree 100%! From a legal standpoint, the ...

Like Tree9Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 09:59 AM   #11
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,621
Originally Posted by Beastmode View Post
CBA or no CBA, there is no way anyone shoud be allowed to go around aimlessly smearing someone. Someone needs to be held accountable.
From a moral standpoint I agree 100%!


From a legal standpoint, the precedent has been set. If public slander, or inaccurate accounts were culpable offenses there would be no news agencies in business and prisons would be full of politicians.

I have never seen a political candidate taken to task for outright lies about his opponent during a campaign.
Beastmode likes this.
TheOak is online now  
Old 07-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #12
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,030
Blog Entries: 2
Originally Posted by x626xBlack View Post
From a moral standpoint I agree 100%!


From a legal standpoint, the precedent has been set. If public slander, or inaccurate accounts were culpable offenses there would be no news agencies in business and prisons would be full of politicians.

I have never seen a political candidate taken to task for outright lies about his opponent during a campaign.
That's because politicians and news agencies aren't suspending or firing people that they're in the process of slandering. It's bad enough to start a rumor, but to convict upon nothing more is outrageous.
burningmetal is offline  
Old 07-06-2012, 11:18 AM   #13
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 10,975
Blog Entries: 5
Alright 626. Tell me again why it is they can't just refuse to show up for camp? Not saying the Union could even muster the momentum to make that happen, but explain to me why it is that they can't. I'm still not convinced they have much choice...
saintfan is offline  
Old 07-06-2012, 11:30 AM   #14
LET MY TEAM GO!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Just north of COWGAL HELL
Posts: 286
I believe a media boycott by NFLPA members could make a statement to the league. All the NFLPA needs to do is make a press release that the players words are being taken out of context and used against them.

The players could be instructed to give the following statement "I understand your question, but all questions should be routed through the NFLPA".

Make the union work for them. Seems harsh and would not be viewed in the media or fans as positive, but would definately make a statement more than holding up a finger at the start of a game to show solidarity.
saintfan likes this.

An Optimist sees the big picture and views obstacles as temporary hurdles
TXGSP is offline  
Old 07-06-2012, 11:31 AM   #15
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 10,975
Blog Entries: 5
Originally Posted by TXGSP View Post
I believe a media boycott by NFLPA members could make a statement to the league. All the NFLPA needs to do is make a press release that the players words are being taken out of context and used against them.

The players could be instructed to give the following statement "I understand your question, but all questions should be routed through the NFLPA".

Make the union work for them. Seems harsh and would not be viewed in the media or fans as positive, but would definately make a statement more than holding up a finger at the start of a game to show solidarity.
I like it. The have to do SOMEthing. For real.
saintfan is offline  
Old 07-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #16
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,621
Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
Alright 626. Tell me again why it is they can't just refuse to show up for camp? Not saying the Union could even muster the momentum to make that happen, but explain to me why it is that they can't. I'm still not convinced they have much choice...
They can refuse to show up for camp... They will be fined for it though.

Keep something in mind.. The CBA governs the Players Union and the Leagues relationship.... The contract between the Team and the Player governs that relationship... The League doesn't care if they do not show up for camp, the Saints front office will and there are probably terms in the players contract with the team that covers that, which usually results in some sort of forfeiture of pay...

if I understood your question correctly?
TheOak is online now  
Old 07-06-2012, 02:05 PM   #17
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,030
Blog Entries: 2
Obviously, when you strike you don't get payed. There isn't any question of that. I don't want to see a strike at all, I'm tired of all the drama, but if it's the last option they have at some point, then maybe they should.
burningmetal is offline  
Old 07-06-2012, 02:07 PM   #18
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 10,975
Blog Entries: 5
Originally Posted by x626xBlack View Post
They can refuse to show up for camp... They will be fined for it though.

Keep something in mind.. The CBA governs the Players Union and the Leagues relationship.... The contract between the Team and the Player governs that relationship... The League doesn't care if they do not show up for camp, the Saints front office will and there are probably terms in the players contract with the team that covers that, which usually results in some sort of forfeiture of pay...

if I understood your question correctly?
But if (in my wet dream) players league-wide did this it's same-same since they wouldn't be getting paid if they went on strike either. I just wanna see 'em DO something damnit. LOL
saintfan is offline  
Old 07-06-2012, 02:42 PM   #19
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 10,993
Godhell is finally starting to feel the heat. He is trying to use semantics at this point. But it isn't going to work. We won't let this die. Godhell may die but this won't.
Rugby Saint II is offline  
Old 07-06-2012, 02:59 PM   #20
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 10,993
Roger will be held accountable......it will just take some time. He thought he was going to bully us and we'd roll over. Well' I guess he's thinking about crapping his britches now. Every bully deserves an ass beating and I want to give it to him.
Rugby Saint II is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/45278-league-backs-off-view-hargrove-said-give-me-my-money.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
League backs off view that Hargrove said “give me my money” This thread Refback 07-06-2012 09:00 AM 1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts