New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Question for the Forum (http://blackandgold.com/saints/46525-question-forum.html)

WhoDat!656 07-23-2012 06:38 PM

Question for the Forum
 
How will the Saints offense be run?

Will Brees be given 3 or 4 plays to pick from, depending on down and distance,

Or will be allowed to call his own plays, with the interim HC handling TOs, challenges, etc?

Would a complete season of running the offense be too much of a strain on Brees?

Or would he even WANT all of that responsibility?

TheOak 07-23-2012 07:19 PM

Brees runs it as he has... a whole game of two minute offense.

Seer1 07-23-2012 07:21 PM

I remember him doing pretty well with that Colts/Manning style offense they'd run at the end of the halves. Maybe they'll slow it down a little and expand on that.

AsylumGuido 07-23-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhoDat!656 (Post 420600)
How will the Saints offense be run?

Will Brees be given 3 or 4 plays to pick from, depending on down and distance,

Or will be allowed to call his own plays, with the interim HC handling TOs, challenges, etc?

Would a complete season of running the offense be too much of a strain on Brees?

Or would he even WANT all of that responsibility?

It will be status quo, just as they have done over the past half a season. Pete Carmichael has been calling all of the plays since Payton suffered the broken leg. Everything remains the same.

Marlboro Man 07-23-2012 08:18 PM

Actually, I believe we'll see the running game play a bigger role this year with Payton out.

ChrisXVI 07-23-2012 08:20 PM

Nothing will change. Pete will call the plays.

CharityMike 07-23-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlboro Man (Post 420621)
Actually, I believe we'll see the running game play a bigger role this year with Payton out.

I can see why one would think this but I think we stick to doing what we do best..and that is to keep defense's guessing!!

LBCutta 07-24-2012 10:34 AM

Payton emails the game plans to Pete and Drew each week......

Utah_Saint 07-24-2012 11:26 AM

My guess is that they will start the season off doing things as similar to previous seasons as possible. Carmicheal will call in the plays with Brees providing input or suggestions when he feels the need. But as the season goes on, that arrangement will evolve into what ever is most comfortable to both Brees and Carmichael. I haven't seen a lot of Carmichael in the press but he hasn't struck me as one of those "it's my way or the highway" kinda guys and he might feel more enboldened to try things if he and Drew think it might work, so, often times, there might be more discussion of what might work based on what Drew sees on the field rather than instructions on what play to run next.

TheOak 07-24-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LBCutta (Post 420728)
Payton emails the game plans to Pete and Drew each week......

Through Craig's List to retain anonymity.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:09 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com