New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Tailgating w/out car??? (http://blackandgold.com/saints/46689-tailgating-w-out-car.html)

Wilde18 07-26-2012 12:12 AM

Tailgating w/out car???
 
I have a question. Might be a dumb question, but I need to ask: I will be in the Superdome against the Redskins. Our hotel is in walking distance. We are planning on taking a cooler with tires, put our beer and food in there and walk to the stadium. Now the question is: can we tailgate without a vehicle? Is that allowed?

I've been to several games before in Tampa and Oakland and tailgated there, but we always had a car with us.

Maybe someone here can answer me that question? That'll be WHO DAT :D

The Dude 07-26-2012 12:59 AM

Cars aren't allowed anyway. They have champions square for all that. That is where all the fans congregate and party before the game. You will fit right in. You might want to check on the ice chests though.

Halo 07-26-2012 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilde18 (Post 421199)
I have a question. Might be a dumb question, but I need to ask: I will be in the Superdome against the Redskins. Our hotel is in walking distance. We are planning on taking a cooler with tires, put our beer and food in there and walk to the stadium. Now the question is: can we tailgate without a vehicle? Is that allowed?

I've been to several games before in Tampa and Oakland and tailgated there, but we always had a car with us.

Maybe someone here can answer me that question? That'll be WHO DAT :D

I think you can to a certain point. I live in New Orleans and haven't had to tailgate before. There are many vendors around and food and drinks are very reasonable heading into the game, they are expensive inside the Dome (as with any other stadium).

I think you can have a cooler. I wouldn't push it inside of Champion Square because they have beer vendors and food vendors there and security/police will enforce.

Might need to ask others. Just my thinking.

Wilde18 07-26-2012 01:54 AM

hey guys,

thanks a lot for your answers! That helped me already. We arrive in N.O. on Sep 6. Gives me time to also check this out prior.

On what side is the Champions Square?

In fact, the prizes in the stadiums are very expensive! I have experience from Tampe, San Diego and Oakland and in all three I was happy that I had enough beers before entering the stadium :P

I guess we are going to buy a disposable cooler for the beer. Reason being is that we want to walk around the entire place. When the beer is empty we just dump the cooler.

The game starts at 1300 hrs, right? How long prior would you suggest to go to the seats?

MistaBigXXL 07-26-2012 02:00 AM

You're going to have to make plans for where to store the cooler during the game. You won't be able to take your cooler into champions square. If you insist on taking it I would make plans to keep it in somebody's vehicle during the game.

Wilde18 07-26-2012 04:00 AM

good idea, thanks!

TheOak 07-26-2012 07:56 AM

Yep... Wont be able to see Sproles very well with an igloo in your lap in front of your face...

Crusader 07-26-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilde18 (Post 421208)
In fact, the prizes in the stadiums are very expensive! I have experience from Tampe, San Diego and Oakland and in all three I was happy that I had enough beers before entering the stadium :P

Thats where a flask comes in handy, especially a plastic one that doesn't get noticed by metal detectors.

Rugby Saint II 07-26-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crusader (Post 421248)
Thats where a flask comes in handy, especially a plastic one that doesn't get noticed by metal detectors.

That is the way to go on the inexpensive side. I don't think that the cooler with wheels is a good idea unless you don't mind leaving it.......hopefully with another Saints fan. Enjoy the game.:bandg:

SaintsBro 07-26-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilde18 (Post 421208)

The game starts at 1300 hrs, right? How long prior would you suggest to go to the seats?

I think it actually starts at 1200, noon. I didn't see anybody else answer this question for you, but it kinda depends on how much you want to see. If you get there 30-40 minutes early, you get to see the warmups on the field, which can be kinda cool if you've never seen it before. It kinda varies, but the inflatable tunnel the team runs out of usually goes up around 5-10 minutes before noon, national anthem, coin toss, etc. My seatmates don't care about it, but I love all that stuff.

You definitely want to be there in your seat for the Who Dat chant, after the coin toss, it's awesome.

Also, last year there were problems at the gates with getting inside, there were lines outside and incompetent people working the doors, and it sometimes took forever and created logjams. Don't know if they'll have that problem solved this year or not. We usually try and get in the line for a gate between 11:20 and 11:30 and sometimes barely make it to our seats. You can finish your beer in line right up until the moment they search you at the gate. Wouldn't want you to miss anything. Hope this helps.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com