New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Article: New Orleans Saints S Abdul-Quddus feels like a rookie again (http://blackandgold.com/saints/47113-new-orleans-saints-s-abdul-quddus-feels-like-rookie-again.html)

papz 08-01-2012 11:58 AM

New Orleans Saints S Abdul-Quddus feels like a rookie again
 
1 Attachment(s)
METAIRIE, La. Isa Abdul-Quddus came to New Orleans as an unknown entity as an undrafted rookie free agent in 2011 and quietly earned his way into becoming a Gregg Williams favorite.

But a season later, Abdul-Quddus appears to be in the same position he was when he first arrived in the Crescent City.

Ive got to make this team again, Abdul-Quddus said. Ive got to learn this new defense. Its pretty much being a rookie again.

Keep doing what he did last season and he wont have anything to worry about.

Continue reading.

halloween 65 08-01-2012 12:08 PM

I'm rooting for Quaddus all the way, I hope he takes the FS spot from Jenkins and runs with it. Pretty good compliment from Spags and company. Thanks Papz.

Rugby Saint II 08-01-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halloween 65 (Post 422961)
I'm rooting for Quaddus all the way, I hope he takes the FS spot from Jenkins and runs with it. Pretty good compliment from Spags and company. Thanks Papz.

It would be awesome if he showed better in camp than our current starter.......I'm just not a fan of Jenkins. When Sharper was here he played well. Since then not so much. He takes bad angles, doesn't tackle well and has hands of stone(worse than Harper). Quddus is a thumper.jmho

|Mitch| 08-01-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugby Saint II (Post 423003)
He takes bad angles, doesn't tackle well and has hands of stone(worse than Harper).

All this can be corrected by proper coaching, which we have now

CharityMike 08-01-2012 03:24 PM

I don't think there are to many players in the NFL with hands of stone worse than Roman Harper. He is definitely #1 in that area.

|Mitch| 08-01-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharityMike (Post 423034)
I don't think there are to many players in the NFL with hands of stone worse than Roman Harper. He is definitely #1 in that area.

Even though he picked off Brees in Camp yesterday...

CharityMike 08-01-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Mitch| (Post 423035)
Even though he picked off Brees in Camp yesterday...

Really?? Are you sure it was him? Didn't hear about that. I only heard Drew threw one pick that was a tip ball from Jordan and Johnson picked it.

|Mitch| 08-01-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharityMike (Post 423042)
Really??

Yeah; I'll try to find where I read it

RockyMountainSaint 08-01-2012 03:46 PM

Roman picked Drew off this morning (Aug 1).
Colston stopped his route.
Drew was throwing to a spot.
Roman dove and actually caught it!

Johnny Patrick got Drew too!

|Mitch| 08-01-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyMountainSaint (Post 423045)
Roman picked Drew off this morning (Aug 1).
Colston stopped his route.
Drew was throwing to a spot.
Roman dove and actually caught it!

Johnny Patrick got Drew too!

Thanks! From what I've read the new zone defense has Drew and the offense a little bit confused...

Can only make the offense better at reading zone :bng:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com