Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

NFL in settlement talks with suspended players!!!!!!!!!!

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by sharke But why would the NFL settle? Their case is clearly air tight w/o any room for doubt....unless Goodell was wrong but...nah, that could never happen...... I am not a truster of twitter lol.. However you asked ...

Like Tree40Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2012, 06:42 AM   #31
Threaded by TheOak
10000 POST CLUB
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193

Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

Originally Posted by sharke View Post
But why would the NFL settle? Their case is clearly air tight w/o any room for doubt....unless Goodell was wrong but...nah, that could never happen......
I am not a truster of twitter lol..


However you asked a good question so here is my take. The NFL wants this to go away.. ASAP. I believe the NFL also has a feeling that on Friday the judge will grant a stay of execution allowing the players to play until there is a legal outcome... This would ensure that this drags on, It would also be perceived that the NFL took a loss of yardage on that ruling, and that Goodell didnt act correctly... We know this but a judge letting those guys play would make that official.

They have already publicly admitted that they were wrong on Hargrove.

As far as for the coaches... Well that is going to depend on how hard Vilma and Ginsburg want to push in the negotiations. The coaches are not included in this suit and they have all publicly (except for Vitt) admitted and apologized...

This will test the strength of both sides cases and testicular fortitude.
Views: 2578
Latest Blogs
2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Sainity Zone 9-30-14 Hail Last Blog: 09-30-2014 By: xan


Old 08-06-2012, 06:47 AM   #32
Faqda Falcons
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Ruston, Louisiana
Posts: 3,464
Blog Entries: 3
Originally Posted by sharke View Post





liked just for the reference....seriously though, we need more Original Trilogy in our lives....


Yeah, I'm a fan boy of the trilogy. I try to make it a point to make a reference once a day.
sharke likes this.
D_it_up is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 06:53 AM   #33
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bayou Cane
Posts: 6,649
Blog Entries: 12
IF this were true, then Goodell must be dragged into court and forced to show docs; if there's doubt about the evidence, then the Inquisition comes into full doubt...

I want to get Cerullo on the rack, err, stand and sit that little coward squirm...
saintsfan1976 likes this.
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 06:56 AM   #34
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 5,756
Blog Entries: 4
Keep pushing Vilma. You are the only one who can bring this entire facade down!
Ashley and sharke like this.
saintsfan1976 is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 07:59 AM   #35
evil decepticon
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Posts: 583
Originally Posted by x626xBlack View Post
However you asked a good question so here is my take. The NFL wants this to go away.. ASAP. I believe the NFL also has a feeling that on Friday the judge will grant a stay of execution allowing the players to play until there is a legal outcome... This would ensure that this drags on, It would also be perceived that the NFL took a loss of yardage on that ruling, and that Goodell didnt act correctly... We know this but a judge letting those guys play would make that official.
I agree, though also wonder if this would have further implication eventually leading to violations of CBA. If a federal court rules against goodell and the league for how the case was handled then it would violate the office and trust placed in their hands as acting disciplinarian which was granted by the players in last year's decision. Once this violation is found then it opens the proverbial floodgates to other investigations regarding discipline or whatever. Which aside from dragging on forever, would completely f*ck the league over. Making the urge to settle quickly and lose little ground (opposed to massive) tempting.

sidenote, I also like how goodell keeps hiding behind the league and shield now in HIS civil case.
SaintsBro likes this.
sharke is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 08:17 AM   #36
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Originally Posted by sharke View Post
I agree, though also wonder if this would have further implication eventually leading to violations of CBA. If a federal court rules against goodell and the league for how the case was handled then it would violate the office and trust placed in their hands as acting disciplinarian which was granted by the players in last year's decision. Once this violation is found then it opens the proverbial floodgates to other investigations regarding discipline or whatever. Which aside from dragging on forever, would completely f*ck the league over. Making the urge to settle quickly and lose little ground (opposed to massive) tempting.

sidenote, I also like how goodell keeps hiding behind the league and shield now in HIS civil case.
Truth...Justice...American way.... all that glory and fun stuff.

As mush as I enjoyed seeing men in pads and helmets playing football once again.. I do not want the following to happen:

Judge rules that CBA has been violated, needs to be rewritten, season is cancelled until a new CBA is in place.

Sorry Vilma.. My need for sanity overrides your career.
TheOak is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 08:24 AM   #37
evil decepticon
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Posts: 583
Originally Posted by x626xBlack View Post
Truth...Justice...American way.... all that glory and fun stuff.
Rocky 4?

Originally Posted by x626xBlack View Post
As mush as I enjoyed seeing men in pads and helmets playing football once again.. I do not want the following to happen:

Judge rules that CBA has been violated, needs to be rewritten, season is cancelled until a new CBA is in place.

Sorry Vilma.. My need for sanity overrides your career.
I doubt it would ever get to that. Would lead to more rulings overturned and personal suits if such an event happened.
sharke is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 08:34 AM   #38
A Cajun Transforming TX
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 2,287
Here's what my crystal ball is telling me. Injuction will be granted, suspended players get to play which gets everyone in an uproar calling for Goodell to step down because he over reacted to having his feelings hurt in the first place and Condolezza Rice is the new commisioner.
SmashMouth likes this.
Budsdrinker is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 08:36 AM   #39
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Originally Posted by Budsdrinker View Post
Here's what my crystal ball is telling me. Injuction will be granted, suspended players get to play which gets everyone in an uproar calling for Goodell to step down because he over reacted to having his feelings hurt in the first place and Condolezza Rice is the new commisioner.
Suspended players get to play except for Vilma who cant play because he is still injured... lol
TheOak is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 08:42 AM   #40
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,803
I suspected they would try and call a truce. If they cut all suspensions in half, including the coaches then yes, this is a good deal. Both sides made mistakes. Meet in the middle and drive on. If it's just Vilma then no.

Vilma should just go ahead and fight it out. It makes no sense to adjust one player's sentence.
Beastmode is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/47438-nfl-settlement-talks-suspended-players.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 08-06-2012 05:02 AM 4
NFL in settlement talks with suspended players!!!!!!!!!! This thread Refback 08-05-2012 11:30 PM 18


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts